ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
My secret is I typically stay out of the mud when possible. I also took it almost brand new out to Moab and did incrementally harder tails until only winching was possible. I then took my notes and decided exactly what I wanted to do. I didn’t make a build thread as mostly everything except the body has been modified and that’s just not reasonable for 99.99% of people.

I will make a post in the near future showing all the parts and include a ton of photos. I will give credit to those who hustled to get me parts and gave up their time/weekends to help me. Much of what we did was custom including the placement of the differentials etc. I will say mounting up a Dana 80 on a 2.0 requires custom measurements and working with drive shaft companies to get solid tubes to keep it skinny. I plan to run the 2.0 until the first quarter just to see what it can do. Then I’ll drop a hellcat just because I want the sound. This next trip to Moab I will treat it like a buggy, essentially what it is at this point. I look forward to sharing my experience with everyone so others in the future can make this happen without needing multiple trial runs and shipping parts back and forth.

HAPPY wheeling!

Here is today’s project:

32F6C16E-ED28-4DEC-8BE0-3A144259E325.jpeg
Two single viair compressors with a tank and a twin ARB? How much compressed air does one person need? Is the twin plumbed into the air tank, too or just for lockers?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
image.jpg
Two single viair compressors with a tank and a twin ARB? How much compressed air does one person need? Is the twin plumbed into the air tank, too or just for lockers?
Yes, ARB only runs lockers the other the air up down system. Another progress shot for today.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
My secret is I typically stay out of the mud when possible. I also took it almost brand new out to Moab and did incrementally harder tails until only winching was possible. I then took my notes and decided exactly what I wanted to do. I didn’t make a build thread as mostly everything except the body has been modified and that’s just not reasonable for 99.99% of people.

I will make a post in the near future showing all the parts and include a ton of photos. I will give credit to those who hustled to get me parts and gave up their time/weekends to help me. Much of what we did was custom including the placement of the differentials etc. I will say mounting up a Dana 80 on a 2.0 requires custom measurements and working with drive shaft companies to get solid tubes to keep it skinny. I plan to run the 2.0 until the first quarter just to see what it can do. Then I’ll drop a hellcat just because I want the sound. This next trip to Moab I will treat it like a buggy, essentially what it is at this point. I look forward to sharing my experience with everyone so others in the future can make this happen without needing multiple trial runs and shipping parts back and forth.

HAPPY wheeling!

Here is today’s project:

32F6C16E-ED28-4DEC-8BE0-3A144259E325.jpeg
WTF????? Is it an off-road machine or a sound-off machine? Or both?

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Which model is that? How does it sound? Looks like a 63 series?
Yes you right 63 series(I painted the KN logos):like:

I think the sound is as good as the 3.6 gets to be honest.(magnaflow and k&n combo... the throttle body spacer adds a unique whistle when you get on it)

Far from raspy, but is a deep throaty sound when accelerating. It's not a V8 but sounds really good.

Before the Magnaflow I tried all 3 levels of Borla and did not like any of them. Flowmaster was meh.

Magnaflow + K&N + Airaid Poweraid Throttle body spacer[to me] = the best sound you can get!

Screenshot_20191026-150830_Chrome.jpg

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Low profile. Quick release isn’t something I need, so I decided to keep the rack a little lower.
I'm thinking low profile too. Is it still easy to get the freedom panels off?....also you can still remove the top too can't you?

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
WTF????? Is it an off-road machine or a sound-off machine? Or both?
It is both. Sometimes I go to the beach so I wanted the ability to run the wet sounds for that. I found the stereo abysmal so I just went all out. When that box lays flat in the rear it really only takes up 5.4” of the floor heights wise. It bolts to it as well in case we decide to go upside down. Lol

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I got a similar pic ..its 19 years old though ! I am as immature now as I was then .
IMG_0823.JPG
That's not the crotchety old fart I met! WTF! :giggle: