YY1985YY

YY1985YY

First Name
Y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S MT
The spin test doesn't work after a few thousand miles. By that time the defective anti spin clutches are shot and we're over at the "Knock in rear with Dana 44" thread.
Ah... Well I guess I'll find out soon enough, got an appt at the end of the month. I didn't get a chance to read the thread with the Dana 44 knocking yet, but did the dealers just replace the whole axle or what for others?
Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ah... Well I guess I'll find out soon enough, got an appt at the end of the month. I didn't get a chance to read the thread with the Dana 44 knocking yet, but did the dealers just replace the whole axle or what for others?
It's a total cluster. It ranges anywhere from denial and "it's a jeep thing" to replace drive shafts, rebuild the center section or replace the entire axle assembly. Not mention "your aftermarket lift and tires caused it". The current theory is the lsd clutch packs are wearing prematurely and that makes the spider and sides gears ride up to the edge of the teeth causing excess slop and breaking of teeth. It may or may not have been caused by no or incorrect friction modifier from the factory, although there have been reports of clunking on brand new jeeps on the lot.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
I'm kind of in the same boat here...

My build sheet and sticker confirm I have LSD... picture from the rear pumpkin says its a Dana44...
Build sheet also says it has michelin tires and all season tires... instead of the AT...

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Help please, do I have LSD? IMG_9499

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Help please, do I have LSD? ANTI.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Help please, do I have LSD? SHEET.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Help please, do I have LSD? MICH.PNG
Jeep Wrangler JL Quick Help please, do I have LSD? ALLSEASON.PNG

Then yesterday I had the opportunity to lift it up, spin tires, and they go opposite direction...
Any thoughts???

Any other way of testing the LSD??
Sponsored