Sponsored

Addicted to off road, is this terminal?

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Yes it is terminal. Like with most addictions you will be counseled to join a group and participate in as many meetings as you stand.

Welcome to the madness.

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Let it be said that the fore mentioned group is a band of 4WD enthusiast that meet regularly on some off the beaten path.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
The only cure is to open wallet and empty aggressively to feed the addiction. It helps but eventually you will seek the next level of relief which all depends on how severe the addiction is. Good luck.

Reactions: JAY

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is terminal. Like with most addictions you will be counseled to join a group and participate in as many meetings as you stand.

Welcome to the madness.
just don’t drink the kool aid......;)

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I started by reading magazines - knew I'd enjoy it. Then I bought a Cherokee, lifted it and loved it! Then I rebuilt a Comanche for offroading and loved it! Then I stopped...because it was expensive as a hobby...sigh.

Several years later, I got back into motorcycling and ended up, naturally, back offroad.

Now, it's been years since I owned and wheeled a Jeep offroad, but as with everything, it's bound to have gotten cheaper over time. So I figure now's the time to get back into it all! Gonna cost me pennies a month to wheel!

:CWL::LOL::devil::like:;)

Though I'm still in it for the same reasons as ever - I like to explore. :)

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Hi all,
First off, I'm new to offroading, always been more of a pavement guy. The JL is the first thing I've had that can actually get into the fun stuff, and it is SO MUCH more fun than I could have imagined. I ran Schnebly Hill recently and started taking intentionally more difficult lines as the trail went. It was more fun than I ever had in Autox or drag racing. Drag racing was the closest, but it was over fast. I smiled so much my teeth dried out!
All I have to say is, it got me. I got the bug. I'm not so much into doing modifications yet, but I definitely need to be exploring aimlessly offroad, pushing it as far as I can.
Anyone else accidentally get addicted to this? How did you get into it?
Enjoy all your money and available credit now....itll all be gone soon

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I've always driven performance coupes of some sort - my last two cars were a BMW 135i that I drove across the country and a 2014 Audi S5. My buddy got a JLU Sahara about 6 months ago not knowing much about it aside from wanting that doors / roof off life. We took it up a big mountain trail blindly one day and within a week I had my S5 up for sale, and within a month I ended up trading it on a '19 JLR and about 85% of the 2500 miles I have on it are trail miles, or driving-to-trail miles. I'm a convert for life. I've taken my cars on salt flats and done 150mph, and taken them up some of the best mountain driving roads in the country and the most fun I've had on four wheels is going 3mph in the Jeep over obstacles, in the middle of a mountain range only well-equipped wheelers can get to.

Congrats for catching the bug, just be careful:
0AFDE62A-2B1D-4156-B55F-424E71C76DB6.jpeg

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
It can only be terminal if you don’t prepare, if going deep into back country take two v vehicles in a buddy system, bring first aid, emergency blanks m, excessive water, food, backpack, hiking shoes, ham radio, recovery gear, hand crank battery charger, basic tools, and a come along or winch system..

It is far more often a chronic and life long affliction, that takes a massive toll financially, but with proper funding, time, and a support group you will live a long and happy life.

#youarenotalone
#kidscollefefundbelongstorivercityoffroadniw
#gotstuckonceandhadtohije18milesout

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,
First off, I'm new to offroading, always been more of a pavement guy. The JL is the first thing I've had that can actually get into the fun stuff, and it is SO MUCH more fun than I could have imagined. I ran Schnebly Hill recently and started taking intentionally more difficult lines as the trail went. It was more fun than I ever had in Autox or drag racing. Drag racing was the closest, but it was over fast. I smiled so much my teeth dried out!

All I have to say is, it got me. I got the bug. I'm not so much into doing modifications yet, but I definitely need to be exploring aimlessly offroad, pushing it as far as I can.

Anyone else accidentally get addicted to this? How did you get into it?
You realize that living out West, much of the State is now more accessible because most of the mileage out here is actually dirt roads. That's how it happened for me, living in UT, once I got a 4x4 I started going to a lot of remote places, interior wilderness areas, seeing all kinds of cool stuff only reachable by unimproved roads. Then you find out that none of the crowds are out there either, they're all taking pics by some National Park sign on a paved road.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
You realize that living out West, much of the State is now more accessible because most of the mileage out here is actually dirt roads. That's how it happened for me, living in UT, once I got a 4x4 I started going to a lot of remote places, interior wilderness areas, seeing all kinds of cool stuff only reachable by unimproved roads. Then you find out that none of the crowds are out there either, they're all taking pics by some National Park sign on a paved road.

haha we take the national park pictures.. but then go off and exploring.. and the most beautiful parts are off the beaten path, and have a stillness and a closeness when you offroad, that makes it way better of an experience, than standing at the edge of a fence reading a placard with 43 other people. I enjoy going thru the rough stuff and doing some challenging trails, it's exciting and fun.. but the longer i have done it's more and more about just getting out there and be with my family..

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
In my books any activity that gets you out in the wild is addictive. There is nothing like interacting with nature, Jeeps are a great way to do that. After all, we are still genetically cavemen, trapped in concrete jungles.
Sponsored

Last edited: