Ive just got the Snorkel Kit from Mopar

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
How high in the cabin does the water come? What about clean up, seat cushions getting wet.
I’m also in Central Fl area. Video was taken off 44 just past the Volusia County Fair area near the hunting club on some land my neighbor owns.
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Zero water in the cabin with the floor plugs in. I used the regular floor plugs and then the Mopar mats on top of the regular plugs.
Ok. I’d be concerned about what we high enough to come in. Not so much what’s going on outside.

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
I love how my jeep looks with the snorkel. Gets lot of attention! I would do it again if I would get another jeep.
Did you buy it for its looks, or are you planning to use it?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I had thedealer install it good thing too cause they cut the hood hole too big an are now replacing it at their cost i blew a disc in my back and had to have surgery so no working on my jeep for 6 weeks i was wonderig if anyone elsefelt a power gain seat of the pants impression? Or was just because i had a rental hundai for a day.? And yes i will use it i mean its already on so dusty trails water crossing in coyote canyon and cooler air in Los Angeles traffic

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Self install. Took way way way longer than I anticipated. The stress from cutting the hood took a toll. Added a little extra flare for good measure.

IMG_20190318_103526.jpg

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190317192910185_COVER.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
looks good!I had a ruptured disc in my back and had to have back suregry so no lifiting twisting etc. SO I paid the dealer to put it in and I guess that was a good thing becasue they cut the hole too big ( tech got confused by the directions). So new hood on the dealer . So far totlly happy with the set up. What is that little knights helmet on the jeep emblem and where did you find it I would like to do something light that.

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
looks good!I had a ruptured disc in my back and had to have back suregry so no lifiting twisting etc. SO I paid the dealer to put it in and I guess that was a good thing becasue they cut the hole too big ( tech got confused by the directions). So new hood on the dealer . So far totlly happy with the set up. What is that little knights helmet on the jeep emblem and where did you find it I would like to do something light that.
I hope your recovery goes speedy!

It's a spartan helmet with a scar across the face. It's actually intended to go on the magwell of a rifle, but seemed a fitting spot.

You can find them on Amazon looking for "Tactical Freedom Magwell Metal Decal/Sticker" and runs about $10 for 2. There's a few options there also, including the punisher skull. I'm not sure how well the sticky back will hold yet, but time will tell.

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Does anyone know if the JPP Snorkel could work with a K&N CAI? The 63 that I have has an intake vent much like the stock vent, could the rubber that comes with the snorkel be mated to that inlet, or do you have to use the stock intake?

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
By all means, take your rolling computer into water deep enough to need a snorkel. Hint: you're gonna have a bad time.
When you cross a river or stream, such as the Rubicon River, you go down the bank into the water. Generally the bank is steep, so your entire grill is submerged where the air intake is located and water starts coming over the hood, even if it is only 2 feet deep. This is when you suck water into the air intake, cause hydrolock, and ruin your expensive engine. This is why smart people buy a snorkle.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
When you cross a river or stream, such as the Rubicon River, you go down the bank into the water. Generally the bank is steep, so your entire grill is submerged where the air intake is located and water starts coming over the hood, even if it is only 2 feet deep. This is when you suck water into the air intake, cause hydrolock, and ruin your expensive engine. This is why smart people buy a snorkle.
True, or they enter only at shallow angles and maintain a bow wave. I rebuilt two axles in my YJ due to water crossing. The engine made it with no issue. The snorkel is only one piece to the water intrusion protection system. Extending axle, transmission, and transfer case breather tubes is another. After the YJ, I do as much as I can to avoid water.

BTW, Rubi sway bar disconnects don't like water, either. Even a little. They tend to corrode over time. Even though I was careful of water, I had to wire brush off the corrosion and re-grease (with marine grease) my JK's front sway bar disco. Not hard, but a bit time consuming. The JL's is higher and more protected, but similar in design and would be harder to get to.

Personally, I'd find the snorkel more useful in combatting dust. Especially with a dust separator.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
This is why smart people buy a snorkle.
Smart people don't take their 40K+ JL's that have more computer components than the first Saturn V Rocket into water depths above halfway above the windshield. A snorkel is useless in any vehicle made after 1990. The whole DUST argument is BS as well. Seriously this there that much of a dust difference from he factory filter location under the hood vs the snorkel location 3ft higher. I doubt it. Air is probably cleaner under the hood anyway.

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
Smart people don't take their 40K+ JL's that have more computer components than the first Saturn V Rocket into water depths above halfway above the windshield. A snorkel is useless in any vehicle made after 1990. The whole DUST argument is BS as well. Seriously this there that much of a dust difference from he factory filter location under the hood vs the snorkel location 3ft higher. I doubt it. Air is probably cleaner under the hood anyway.
A snorkel is not for driving through water halfway above the windshield. But when you go down a steep bank the air intake on a stock Jeep is vulnerable to sucking in water.