First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
What a great read - another page added to my notebook. This a definite, down-the-road investment on my sport. Has anyone tried this using all factory parts? I truthfully would rather not carry a separate unit to lock and unlock my doors. The factory one is bulky enough. I would assume a dealer would need to be involved to program the unit.
What you could do is wire the ALARM to disable the JEEP when activated and just leave the JEEP Fob somewhere in the jeep locked away LOL.
Sponsored

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
What’s truly needed from the factory key to work? I’m wondering if we can downsize

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What’s truly needed from the factory key to work? I’m wondering if we can downsize
You would need to first of all find a way to flash the sales codes JPH "Speed-Sensitive Power Locks" and GXM "Remote Keyless Entry" into the BCM.

Then, you would need to wire all the power lock latches and switches up to their respective connectors in the BCM.

And finally, you need to buy new FOBIKs and possibly even a new RF hub, then get your new FOBIK programmed, which is something only a dealer can do as of now.

It's not really practical to go this route unless Joe can figure out a way to turn on the power lock settings via the Tazer, and even that's a big IF.

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
You would need to first of all find a way to flash the sales codes JPH "Speed-Sensitive Power Locks" and GXM "Remote Keyless Entry" into the BCM.

Then, you would need to wire all the power lock latches and switches up to their respective connectors in the BCM.

And finally, you need to buy new FOBIKs and possibly even a new RF hub, then get your new FOBIK programmed, which is something a dealer can do as of now.

It's not really practical to go this route unless Joe can figure out a way to turn on the power lock settings via the Tazer, and even that's a big IF.
No I’m not trying to factory install the power lock key. I’ve already installed the a1electric kit. My question is what from the factory key that I have with no power options and only the key flip out is needed to start the car. I wonder within my factory key what is needed

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
No I’m not trying to factory install the power lock key. I’ve already installed the a1electric kit. My question is what from the factory key that I have with no power options and only the key flip out is needed to start the car. I wonder within my factory key what is needed
There's a transponder chip in there that communicates with the push-button start module and various LF antennas in order to determine whether a genuine key is present.

Sponsored

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
There's a transponder chip in there that communicates with the push-button start module in order to determine whether a genuine key is present.
How large is it. I’m wondering if i can house it in a smaller device

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
How large is it. I’m wondering if i can house it in a smaller device
I have no idea since I've never taken the key fob apart. My best guess is that it shouldn't be that large.

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I can do a write-up but I did it all factory and decided to make my own wiring harnesses. I don't know if people would be willing to make their own wiring but if they're interested then I can do a DIY. Just know factory parts alone it was over $800.
I'd really appreciate if you could do a DIY with a part number list. I assume you've done power locks too? If so, is it a lot more labor intensive then power locks?

Also, is that your sport in your avatar? How did you get the led lights in the fenders? I read that they won't fit with base Sport Fenders.

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd really appreciate if you could do a DIY with a part number list. I assume you've done power locks too? If so, is it a lot more labor intensive then power locks?

Also, is that your sport in your avatar? How did you get the led lights in the fenders? I read that they won't fit with base Sport Fenders.
I haven't done power locks yet so I don't have a reference point to the difficulty of the power window install. I can say that the hardest part is wiring. Taking the doors apart and moving components from one carrier plate to another takes at most 15 minutes for each door. Wiring is a different story. Also, adding rear power windows isn't as difficult as you might think because the Sports come pre-wired for them surprisingly.

And yes, that is my Sport. I have Rubicon fender flares on it which is how I can fit the LEDs in there.

Sponsored

jtbelavin

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2019 Sport
Thanks RubenZ for the great write up. Have compiled 4 doors . Have pictures of driver door wire jumper. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

1DF346A6-2436-4D6D-97BD-4D05DA62904E.jpeg

A1D0B6B2-EE66-4C05-A5AF-90AFD08E7EED.jpeg

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
So i got my driver side relay jumper in today. Not sure which spot I’m supposed to splice into

image.jpg

image.jpg

AgentRice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Fire Fighter Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
@RubenZ any chance you could chime in. This was the jumper I got off the part number in the write up. Not sure which wires I’m supposed to splice into. It seems different

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
@RubenZ any chance you could chime in. This was the jumper I got off the part number in the write up. Not sure which wires I’m supposed to splice into. It seems different
Ok. So you received the Jumper wire. Basically you are going to use it for parts. What you do is FLIP up this little FLAP. It will expose the PINS and with a small screwdriver push down and pull out the WIRE. So basically you are removing the wires.
Screen-Shot-2018-10-08-at-9.14.54-AM.png

Then once you have the wires out you are going to open up the flap on the harness that's on the doors and place those wires pins in PIN 5 for Unlock and 6 for Lock.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 8.25.23 AM.png
Sponsored