Sponsored

Found Something New... optional Tailgate Reinforcement has flag / antenna mounting hole

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Molding that runs along the length where wipers are.

If facing Jeep they would be on the left most side of the molding
cool, I'll have to check for them.
Sponsored

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Even though the Rubicons come with 33's, they can fit 35's without further modification. It is cool that they designed the carrier to adjust for them.
If they were serious about 35's without any mods, they should have made the wheels wide enough to fit the BFG KO2 per spec. I know a lot mount them even though the wheel is 'technically' too narrow... I mean c'mon.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
If your facing the Jeep, the sandals are on top to the far most left of the molding.

(Sorry pic sucks it's dark out)
20191023_200931.jpg
Haha. I’m familiar with the flip flops (for Rick Pewe I think). I was trying to tell you that the entire molding piece strongly resembles a YJ grill. The wipers are in the headlights and there are 7 slots between them.

Thanks for running out in the dark and taking a pic for me though, that was really nice of you.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Haha. I’m familiar with the flip flops. I was trying to tell you that the entire molding piece strongly resembles a YJ grill. The wipers are in the headlights and there are 7 slots between them.

Thanks for running out in the dark and taking a pic for me though, that was really nice of you.
Lol...I knew there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
If they were serious about 35's without any mods, they should have made the wheels wide enough to fit the BFG KO2 per spec. I know a lot mount them even though the wheel is 'technically' too narrow... I mean c'mon.
I'm running 35x11.50s on mine.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Even though the Rubicons come with 33's, they can fit 35's without further modification. It is cool that they designed the carrier to adjust for them.
35s the spare will sit on your bumper and set off back your sensors, and rub at full flex.. modification are needed

DAE971C2-4A21-4061-B195-81E754A5A153.jpeg

ACAB8746-89B8-4B4B-ADB7-26508E36B045.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What makes things more confusing, is half of the folks here report about shops not wanting to mount our commonly used tire sizes on stock wheels, but discount tire and my local shop seem to be fine with mounting both 35" and 37" tires on stock wheels. They state that as long as it's a C rated tire and no wider than 12.5", alls good. Only concern is with adjusting pressure for a complete contact patch.

When I set my mounting appointment, they were fine with me bringing in my own tires. They just asked whether I had the C rated 315 ko2 or the E rated 35" ko2. Said no problem mounting the former on stock width wheels, but not the later.

Is it possible that the divide here is due to most tire mentions don't include the low rating, so opinions are jumping off of just tire widths?

Edit to add: Your right, the factory should allow the wider mopar wheels to be available during the initial build. For those who know they will be going bigger.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
What makes things more confusing, is half of the folks here report about shops not wanting to mount our commonly used tire sizes on stock wheels, but discount tire and my local shop seem to be fine with mounting both 35" and 37" tires on stock wheels. They state that as long as it's a C rated tire and no wider than 12.5", alls good. Only concern is with adjusting pressure for a complete contact patch.

When I set my mounting appointment, they were fine with me bringing in my own tires. They just asked whether I had the C rated 315 ko2 or the E rated 35" ko2. Said no problem mounting the former on stock width wheels, but not the later.

Is it possible that the divide here is due to most tire mentions don't include the low rating, so opinions are jumping off of just tire widths?
Your shop obviously cares very little about your safety...mounting a min. 8.5 on a 7.5 rim is risky.

Load rating should have almost nothing to do w the matter

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
35s the spare will sit on your bumper and set off back your sensors, and rub at full flex.. modification are needed

DAE971C2-4A21-4061-B195-81E754A5A153.jpeg

ACAB8746-89B8-4B4B-ADB7-26508E36B045.jpeg
You're absolutely right, I failed to include there being some fender liner rub at full flex when running 35's on stock suspension. And yes, the tire drags a bit on the mopar steel bumper, which I don't like because the body moves independently from the frame mounted bumper. There shouldn't be any contact between the two.

I just got the final pieces in for a 2" lift with all control arms, track bars, and steering linkages. That'll take care of the rub.

A week or so after the 315's went on, I upgraded to the Teraflex alpha HD carrier to get the tire off the bumper. I used the highest available holes for the wheel studs to keep 37's as an option for the future. I spy the same rear camera shield in your second pic. Really is a great product.

Have a great day, Michael!
Sponsored