Sponsored

Suggested Mods for Expectant Father?

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
My wife and I are expecting our first in the new year. Outside of the baby's car seat + base, seat protector/cover, and mirror, are there any internal modifications that you all would recommend to make life easier with a newborn/infant? Fortunately we have a JLU Sahara with the extra space over the two door. I am thinking a rear cargo shelf or other cargo organization mods might be useful. Thoughts?
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
My wife and I are expecting our first in the new year. Outside of the baby's car seat + base, seat protector/cover, and mirror, are there any internal modifications that you all would recommend to make life easier with a newborn/infant? Fortunately we have a JLU Sahara with the extra space over the two door. I am thinking a rear cargo shelf or other cargo organization mods might be useful. Thoughts?
Your first mod should probably be a Honda Pilot.;)

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Tint or sunshade for the windows.

Your car seat with the base is going to hit the back f the passenger seat. Make sure to either get a seat that's going to fit or protect the back of the seat somehow.

Put a water bottle holder with Molle straps on the back of the seat to place the baby bottle or toy so you can reach back and get it quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Haafoo-Tacti...48&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-800072043973

OP
OP

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Your car seat with the base is going to hit the back f the passenger seat. Make sure to either get a seat that's going to fit or protect the back of the seat somehow.

Put a water bottle holder with Molle straps on the back of the seat to place the baby bottle or toy so you can reach back and get it quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Haafoo-Tacti...48&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-800072043973
I failed to mention that we got a couple of sunshades for the back windows. I think those will come in handy for sure. I didn't think of the water bottle holder. Sounds like a great suggestion!

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

The problem with trying to access anything in the back seat when you have an infant seat installed in the middle (the preferred position as there are no rear seat airbags) is that you can't.
Plus, Sahara=no molle

OP
OP

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HOW DARE YOU call a Pilot a minivan...(it CAN'T be a minivan! I would NEVER buy my wife a minivan! It's not really a minivan, is it?)
You're right. Honda classifies the Pilot as a SUV/Crossover. My bad....

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You're right. Honda classifies the Pilot as a SUV/Crossover. My bad....
No, it's O.K. It's a smaller, higher Odyssey without the sliding doors. I've come to terms with it. S'why I never drive it.

Sponsored

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Just an FYI from the manual regarding using a carseat with anchor latches in the middle position. Page 273

"Can a child seat be installed in the center position using the inner LATCH lower anchorages?"

"Two Door Models- No. Four Door Models - Yes"
Four Door Only: You can install child restraints with flexible lower anchors in the center position. The inner anchorages are 18.5 inches (484 mm) apart. Do not install child restraints with rigid lower anchors in the center position"

I believe these are the type of anchors its referring to but someone please correct me if wrong. My Graco carseat has these and i've been too nervous to put it in the center because of this statement
https://www.amazon.com/Ansblue-ISOF...t=&hvlocphy=9029986&hvtargid=pla-569936436858

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Sole reason I got the 4-door myself. Good luck!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
HOW DARE YOU call a Pilot a minivan...(it CAN'T be a minivan! I would NEVER buy my wife a minivan! It's not really a minivan, is it?)
No... that's the Odyssey... the Pilot is an SUV. And the Ridgeline is a truck.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I've gone 3 carseats wide in the rear of my jlu with our 2, 4 & 6 yr old at the time. The upright angle of the rear bench seat stinks for most car seats....it ends up making the car seat sit pretty far forward. I added the rear seat recline spacer kit which leaned the seat back about 2" and made car seats fit better. Either way, jeeps arent ideal designs for buckling in young kids. We got a minivan for that.
Sponsored