MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
JLUR needed a driver mod for that last hill

Why have the diffs locked and rev it that high too!?
That's part of my gripe with the Rubicon- you have to be in 4L to use even the rear locker, and unless you're climbing over boulders, 4:1 just makes it a slow way to get around on the trail.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
That's part of my gripe with the Rubicon- you have to be in 4L to use even the rear locker, and unless you're climbing over boulders, 4:1 just makes it a slow way to get around on the trail.
You just need a Tazer....

“Axle Locker control (Rubicon) – Engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand.”

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Probably.:)...Though I'd still take a modded Jeep over an H1 any day.
Depending on the mods on the Jeep I guess, and the type of H1/HMMWV.

I'd have to trade my Sahara for a Rubicon 3.0 diesel, get a substantial lift, 37"+ tires and re-gear to get it there. But yeah my Credit Union won't give me enough money to do that, lol.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.02.44 AM.png

Rear wheel 2 wheel drive
Serves me right for taking the word of a dealership. I've edited my original post.

Still, the Jimmy's vibrations under WOT make it very unpleasant. A 2 door JL is far better but it's about 2x the price, at least over here.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You just need a Tazer....

“Axle Locker control (Rubicon) – Engage lockers in 2WD and 4Hi on demand.”
Best mod I've made. Been able to make it through sufficiently difficult obstacles in 2wd with sway bar disconnected, locker locked, and tires aired down. Why not just put it in 4wd? Because I DON'T HAVE TO! :CWL:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Same in most places.....super wide, pretty heavy, no articulation, older ones had those horrible Torsen LSD/quasi-lockers that were breakage prone...the ones I've wheeled with really slowed progress trying to fit them through the trails.
Yes they are wide I agree with you there, I wouldn't say no articulation. They manage to stay pretty well planted on the ground. A bit better than my Jeep (pre rubicon suspension install) actually. I never had any problem with traction, in mud, water fording or soft sand (desert and beach), with those torsen axles either.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Best mod I've made. Been able to make it through sufficiently difficult obstacles in 2wd with sway bar disconnected, locker locked, and tires aired down. Why not just put it in 4wd? Because I DON'T HAVE TO! :CWL:
I agree, the only regret I have about the Tazer is I didn’t get it sooner lol

Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Video = :facepalm:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Never understood this mindset. Totally agree that the the lockers should work in both 2 and 4H....but not the part about not engaging 4wd.

Can someone explain it to me? Is it for "bragging rights"? Seems ill-advised on multiple levels.
I sometimes don't engage 4H if it's not needed, 2H provides enough traction for most of trails that I do. Less wear/strain on drive-trains I suppose?

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Never understood this mindset. Totally agree that the the lockers should work in both 2 and 4H....but not the part about not engaging 4wd.

Can someone explain it to me? Is it for "bragging rights"? Seems ill-advised on multiple levels.
It's pride mostly... (many many ill-advised acts get carried out for similar reasons :facepalm: )

Running tough trails with a buddy. His TRD Pro has CRAWL control and drags itself up, over, and through obstacles, not necessarily pretty but effective. It's nice to be able to say you ran behind him the whole way in 2wd... with a manual transmission... :rock:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Does that method result in more necessary wheel speed and more tire slippage...or an overall faster pace using momentum to get you over the obstacles?
Depends. With an automatic no real difference. With a manual you have to maintain a higher speed to keep from stalling.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't have the G-Wagon, but a better comparison of the Rubicon, Jimny and a Ranger Raptor.

Sponsored