Sponsored

Mopar Cold Air intake not coming to market??!!

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar CAI is now on it's 3rd revision - current part # is 77072433AC. Replaces 77072433, 77072433AB.

Here's to hoping it becomes available for a nice stocking stuffer.
Good to know - my dealership sucks so much I keep wondering if they’ve been lying about the availability of the CAI.
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Allegedly, mine showed up today. It’s going in next week for installation.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
The Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel Kit is shedluge for Pre-Sale in November with a shipment of Jan. Supposedly.

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, yes, the current part number for the mopar cold air intake is 77072433AC, as others have mentioned. They are readily available from auto parts stores. I just placed an order myself, so I'll let you know how it installs and functions.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Here is a better pic. I like the design on the airbox. Prices on these things are about $100 too high.

Intermediate tube does not have the flat spot but beside that it looks very similar to stock. Interested to see a side by side comparison.

MP020_015JPj5nhgum8f7shvonsr76a3vavlp.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Here is a better pic. I like the design on the airbox. Prices on these things are about $100 too high.

Intermediate tube does not have the flat spot but beside that it looks very similar to stock. Interested to see a side by side comparison.

MP020_015JPj5nhgum8f7shvonsr76a3vavlp.jpg
it just looks like the stock box with a graphic on it? Not seeing where the benefit would be besides the hood cutout.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
it just looks like the stock box with a graphic on it? Not seeing where the benefit would be besides the hood cutout.
It supposedly greatly increases the diameter of the tube and also comes with a dry cotton filter that flows better, in addition to the hood cutout. One thing I like about it is the option to go with a better paper filter and closing off the hood opening if off-roading in a dusty environment.

I'm waiting to hear if someone who has it can tell us the difference in sound and if there is any difference in throttle response.

You can supposedly add the snorkel with this hood cutout, as well.

You can always throw a K&N in there, too.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
It supposedly greatly increases the diameter of the tube and also comes with a dry cotton filter that flows better, in addition to the hood cutout. One thing I like about it is the option to go with a better paper filter and closing off the hood opening if off-roading in a dusty environment.

I'm waiting to hear if someone who has it can tell us the difference in sound and if there is any difference in throttle response.

You can supposedly add the snorkel with this hood cutout, as well.

You can always throw a K&N in there, too.
ah. Got ya. I like the hood cutout. It looks good. Just expected the box to be bigger. Makes sense.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I ordered one for $337 to my door. Personally hope there is not much noise increase. The ability to put in a vent to pull outside air is pretty damn cool, and you have a block off plate. I am going to test it before and after cutting the hood vent for sound.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Put the mopar CAI on today, did not cut the hood yet. At idle its actually quieter than stock by 1-2 DBA using my meter. Have not taken it for a drive yet. Air filter is nice, you just rinse it out to clean. No oiling needed.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Put the mopar CAI on today, did not cut the hood yet. At idle its actually quieter than stock by 1-2 DBA using my meter. Have not taken it for a drive yet. Air filter is nice, you just rinse it out to clean. No oiling needed.
How does it sound when you are on the throttle?

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What am i missing, where are there any details or pictures regarding the hood cut out for the Mopar CAI?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
What am i missing, where are there any details or pictures regarding the hood cut out for the Mopar CAI?
I know there is another thread around where a member had it cut with some pictures. There is also a guy on youtube who did it. I still have not cut mine, probably wait till spring at this point.
Sponsored