Regearing for 37s?

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500, 2012 VW Jetta GLI
Hey everyone,

My husband and I just purchased a 2020 JL Sahara. This Jeep will be driven as a marketing vehicle back and forth from the office and home with an occasional trail ride. We just purchased a 3.5” lift, 22x10 wheels, along with some 37s. I don’t care if you think big wheels suck, you’re not paying for my additions so move along. I’ve heard and seen multiple people talk about regearing or not needing to but would like to hear more...should we or shouldn’t we? Oh, it’s the 2.0L turbo too...
Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I think over time you're going to want to re-gear it, but immediately it'll be OK.

I'm re-gearing mine today and its been on 37s for 4500 miles. I live in a somewhat hilly part of Texas and 7th and 8th gear are almost never used with my automatic.

Marcus

OP
OP
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think over time you're going to want to re-gear it, but immediately it'll be OK.

I'm re-gearing mine today and its been on 37s for 4500 miles. I live in a somewhat hilly part of Texas and 7th and 8th gear are almost never used with my automatic.

Marcus
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
22’s suck. Would not do business with a company with such poor taste. Would leave me wondering what other questionable decisions they make.

OP
OP
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’s suck. Would not do business with a company with such poor taste. Would leave me wondering what other questionable decisions they make.
Apparently you missed the part about me not caring what you think about my 22s. Move along and troll elsewhere sir!

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope. My reading comprehension is just fine. But, when you post in a open forum, don’t think you are shielded from other people’s opinions. Plus, the attitude on your first post was a little grating. Enjoy getting laughed at by other Jeepers.

OP
OP
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. My reading comprehension is just fine. But, when you post in a open forum, don’t think you are shielded from other people’s opinions. Plus, the attitude on your first post was a little grating. Enjoy getting laughed at by other Jeepers.
Well, judging by your comprehension, you seem to have a hard time understanding that I DONT CARE what you think about my wheels let alone what other Jeepers are going to think. My money, my choices. You build your Jeep the way you want to and I’ll build MY Jeep the way I want to. I simply asked about regearing, not wheels, or tires, or lift. I think you need to look of the definition of comprehension again.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Triggered! Lol. Sure you don't care what others think? You've been very defensive about it from your first post.

OP
OP
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triggered! Lol. Sure you don't care what others think? You've been very defensive about it from your first post.
Hahaha, not triggered at all. We’ve been customizing vehicles for years and have heard it all. My husband was the socia media coordinator for Truck Hero and has dealt with all kinds of “opinions.” We know what to expect from people that don’t enjoy the same things we do. So we just move along...and we’ve still managed to make some decent money off of everything we’ve built so there must be a market.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Opinions out of it- you shouldn’t need to re-gear with the turbo on 37s. It’s quite impressive.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
i run 37s and for normal driving, I do not think you need to regear. I pull a camper so I am going to regear.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
i run 37s and for normal driving, I do not think you need to regear. I pull a camper so I am going to regear.
remember you have 4:10 gears a Sahara will quite worse. I think they are 3:73 or high ratio, not numerically.

I’m with UK on the big wheels, I thought it was just a Florida thing.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
serious question, what does that wheel and tire combo weigh? that info would help my decision.

i cannot speak for the turbo, but my heavy ass double beadlocks and 37s needed the 5.13s for the 3.6 to be happy. i'm also in a manual transmission

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
serious question, what does that wheel and tire combo weigh? that info would help my decision.

i cannot speak for the turbo, but my heavy ass double beadlocks and 37s needed the 5.13s for the 3.6 to be happy. i'm also in a manual transmission
Us manual guys are in an entirely different situation! We’re running 5.13s too and love the combo but my wife’s 37s and 8 speed is working out great in the relative flat area of east Texas

Brett
Sponsored