Creaking Doors...anyone?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I don’t think people are reporting this happening on the later model jeeps. Everyone I’ve heard from was an ‘18 or maybe an early ‘19.
2020 here, 5 weeks old and clinking like crazy. I replaced the door catch myself and still have the issue.
Sponsored

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Sorry to say that Jeep still has not fixed this issue. 2020 Jeep Gladiator, all of my doors click. I have removed all of them twice as of now and I can finally say I have found a fix. When the weather gets below 50°, the clicking noise goes away on every door. When it gets above 50° it comes back. Sounds like some cheap plastic parts in the door just don't like the heat. My Gladiator is Brand New so there's no way in hell I'm having all 4 doors replaced rn especially since all of you are having these issues on Jeeps that are 2 model years older than mine and yet there's still no fix. Probably never going to have them fixed. It's a Jeep, things make noise lmao.

Last edited:

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
Mine didn’t start doing it until it was about 8 months old. I bought in July of 18 and it started in Feb of 19. I wonder if the hot cold cycle is what really made it appear. The dealership said they could clearly see where it had separated and there was movement inside that was causing the noise. My 20 JLUR doesn’t do it yet....but i haven’t had it a month yet.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry to say that Jeep still has not fixed this issue. 2020 Jeep Gladiator, all of my doors click. I have removed all of them twice as of now and I can finally say I have found a fix. When the weather gets below 50°, the clicking noise goes away on every door. When it gets above 50° it come back. Sounds like some cheap plastic parts in the door just don't like the heat. My Gladiator is Brand New so there's no way in hell I'm having all 4 doors replaced rn especially since all of you are having these issues on Jeeps that are 2 model years older than mine and yet there's still no fix. Probably never going to have them fixed. It's a Jeep, things make noise lmao.
I’ll be taking mine apart tomorrow, I have to get in there and see what this is, I know what it is and I’m afraid that it is what I think it is, I’ll report back
Mine didn’t start doing it until it was about 8 months old. I bought in July of 18 and it started in Feb of 19. I wonder if the hot cold cycle is what really made it appear. The dealership said they could clearly see where it had separated and there was movement inside that was causing the noise. My 20 JLUR doesn’t do it yet....but i haven’t had it a month yet.
my JlUR started 3 weeks in

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Still have the 18? Did they fix it?

Sponsored

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’ll be taking mine apart tomorrow, I have to get in there and see what this is, I know what it is and I’m afraid that it is what I think it is, I’ll report back

my JlUR started 3 weeks in
Definitely keep us posted. I'm curious to see what you find and if it's an easy fix. Something tells me both the dealerships and Jeep have no idea what it is or how to fix it so they just keep coming up with excuses and replacing our doors, so it will be nice to see what an owners findings are.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If there was some sort of separation that the Jeep dealerships keep talking about, wouldn't there be more to it than just a clicking noise? If something is actually broken inside the door I feel like we would be hearing far more, maybe something rattling around or just, idk something more. Plus I personally didn't have this issue until I removed my doors and replaced them. That right there tells me that it's an alignment issue and not a broken part. For something to have separated on all 4 doors at the exact same time I feel is extremely unlikely.
I like your optimism’s, but I think it’s going deeper than that. Lots of guys have already had dealers and FCA confirm separation of the inside door beam. I brought mine to a body shop I really trust today and without even looking inside he told me exactly what it was, exactly what everyone else is reporting. I’m talking mine apart to physically inspect it myself, I need to see it.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Definitely keep us posted. I'm curious to see what you find and if it's an easy fix. Something tells me both the dealerships and Jeep have no idea what it is or how to fix it so they just keep coming up with excuses and replacing our doors, so it will be nice to see what an owners findings are.
I definitely will, and I brought it to a friend of mine’s body shop today and he confirmed it without even looking at it, he said he’s come across it a few times on different cars with doors that are built the same way. Unfortunately, it looks like worst case scenario is in our future.

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I like your optimism’s, but I think it’s going deeper than that. Lots of guys have already had dealers and FCA confirm separation of the inside door beam. I brought mine to a body shop I really trust today and without even looking inside he told me exactly what it was, exactly what everyone else is reporting. I’m talking mine apart to physically inspect it myself, I need to see it.
Guess only time will tell. If it gets any worse I'll definitely take it in but for now I'm just going to ride it out. Regardless Jeep seriously needs to figure this out and issue a recall because this is clearly a widely known issue

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Guess only time will tell. If it gets any worse I'll definitely take it in but for now I'm just going to ride it out. Regardless Jeep seriously needs to figure this out and issue a recall because this is clearly a widely known issue
Yeah, new doors and a painted side of the Jeep, I’m so not ok with that. There is no way I’m letting a dealership paint my jeep, especially a billet silver one, very hard color to blend.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah, new doors and a painted side of the Jeep, I’m so not ok with that. There is no way I’m letting a dealership paint my jeep, especially a billet silver one, very hard color to blend.
So what happens when more than one doors do that, they’re going to paint the whole jeep, I don’t think so. Can you imagine a mass world wide buy back??

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We owners need to find a fix for this that does not involve new doors, especially since Jeep is still selling 2020 Wranglers and Gladiators with this issue (aka there's no fix yet).

ajaj96

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So what happens when more than one doors do that, they’re going to paint the whole jeep, I don’t think so. Can you imagine a mass world wide buy back??
All 4 of my doors do it. I'm praying that someone finds a fix for it but like I said, I think I'm just going to ride it out for now. It's not worth the frustration. If my door falls off I'll take it in lol

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
All 4 of my doors do it. I'm praying that someone finds a fix for it but like I said, I think I'm just going to ride it out for now. It's not worth the frustration. If my door falls off I'll take it in lol
I’m afraid to even open the other three doors now!!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We owners need to find a fix for this that does not involve new doors, especially since Jeep is still selling 2020 Wranglers and Gladiators with this issue (aka there's no fix yet).
I’ll tell ya what, as soon as it does get fixed I’m trading mine in. I got a crazy deal so I should loose much of anything a year from now.
Sponsored