Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
  • Banned
Updated March 18, 2020

rr4w-jpg.jpg

Original post

Ladies and gentleman, it’s that time of year to start planning for our 2020 EJS trip! Last year we had an absolute blast doing JL runs and made great friends in the process.

For this trip we are looking at going up a couple days early and hit the slopes/snowmobile on the way up there in Pagosa Springs CO. Would love to expand our group this year on the trails as well as the slopes.

We will be trailering this year too and more than likely bringing both jeeps! Leaving out of Navasota. More than likely stopping in Clovis NM for the night and then heading on to Pagosa Springs the next day.

Brett
Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Ladies and gentleman, it’s that time of year to start planning for our 2020 EJS trip! Last year we had an absolute blast doing JL runs and made great friends in the process.

For this trip we are looking at going up a couple days early and hit the slopes/snowmobile on the way up there in Pagosa Springs CO. Would love to expand our group this year on the trails as well as the slopes.

We will be trailering this year too and more than likely bringing both jeeps! Leaving out of Navasota. More than likely stopping in Clovis NM for the night and then heading on to Pagosa Springs the next day.

Brett
I'm 99.99% sure I'm making it out there this year. Probably rolling into town Monday 4/6.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I'm 99.99% sure I'm making it out there this year. Probably rolling into town Monday 4/6.
Good deal. I think we’re going to roll in Tuesday night!

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Brett
Doesn’t look like I’m gonna make it this time...:(.
I’m working on it but I’ve got a house coming up starting the first of the year, and it takes me close to a year to do one, since I do most of the work myself.

But I have a small request, and I know I don’t speak for everyone, but I’d like to see more of the actual wheeling pictures. I lived out in AZ for 20 years, 20 years ago, and have seen all the beauty.....:giggle:.

But if you and @RubiRob and @Martindfletcher, and the like could post some action shots that would be awesome....:rock:
I understand if you can’t for some reason. But I’m a wheeler and that’s what I got my rig for, so you can understand my envy.....:)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Doesn’t look like I’m gonna make it this time...:(.
I’m working on it but I’ve got a house coming up starting the first of the year, and it takes me close to a year to do one, since I do most of the work myself.

But I have a small request, and I know I don’t speak for everyone, but I’d like to see more of the actual wheeling pictures. I lived out in AZ for 20 years, 20 years ago, and have seen all the beauty.....:giggle:.

But if you and @RubiRob and @Martindfletcher, and the like could post some action shots that would be awesome....:rock:
I understand if you can’t for some reason. But I’m a wheeler and that’s what I got my rig for, so you can understand my envy.....:)

You are welcome to go to Moab with me when ever you want. I don’t do EJS because of the crowds and posers running peeps over, but I’m going in May. Here’s ya a couple of my past Moab wheeling pics to tide you over.

39D0298C-7F3A-471A-BB14-29D12EE27394.jpeg
8AC0A6E8-F773-4255-BF19-6EAE61B0D71D.jpeg
33848564-9685-4A09-AEFB-2F0F9C3DE685.jpeg

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You are welcome to go to Moab with me when ever you want. I don’t do EJS because of the crowds and posers running peeps over, but I’m going in May. Here’s ya a couple of my past Moab wheeling pics to tide you over.

39D0298C-7F3A-471A-BB14-29D12EE27394.jpeg
8AC0A6E8-F773-4255-BF19-6EAE61B0D71D.jpeg
33848564-9685-4A09-AEFB-2F0F9C3DE685.jpeg
Awesome!!.....that’s what I’m talking about! thanks brother.....:rock:....Unfortunately I’ll be right in the middle of the house I have to build. The customer doesn’t want it started till January.....:angry:
I’ll be glad when I retire.....:clap:

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I’ll be glad when I retire.....:clap:
Me too! Only 13 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks!

When your ready just holler. We’ll get a little group and head out.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh I still need to find a place to stay and at least someone to ride with me.

Really wanna do elephant Hill this time, might be too big of a dream but would be awesome.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I regret not going there with the JL when living in CA. We were all set to go reservations and everything, then life got in the way and relocated to KY.

We did do an EJS but didn’t have the Jeep or really know about Moab, happened to be driving through during that week while visiting some Natl Parks. It was so much good times and that wasn’t even on the trails.

When we retire we will definitely make the 1500 mile journey. Only 9yrs, 11 months. Let’s hope the libs don’t close it down by then.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I regret not going there with the JL when living in CA. We were all set to go reservations and everything, then life got in the way and relocated to KY.

We did do an EJS but didn’t have the Jeep or really know about Moab, happened to be driving through during that week while visiting some Natl Parks. It was so much good times and that wasn’t even on the trails.

When we retire we will definitely make the 1500 mile journey. Only 9yrs, 11 months. Let’s hope the libs don’t close it down by then.
We were having dinner one night in moab and there was a group sitting at the table next to us. One woman was talking about closing down the trails to hiking and biking only and how she plans to politically get it done. It was hard to mind my business but at the end of the day, Offroad vehicles bring in too much money to that small town to close it down.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
-don't litter
-pick up trash
-toilet paper is trash - haul yours out
-I'm going to start carrying surgical gloves and clean up t.p. when I find it; 99% of it is just dried up anyway. Too bad so many people suck at life
-be courteous to all trail users
-stay on designated trails, you are NOT a cool guy for making your own line

We are our own worst enemy when it comes to land use

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh I still need to find a place to stay and at least someone to ride with me.

Really wanna do elephant Hill this time, might be too big of a dream but would be awesome.
Is that the one that’s a long drive out of town and only allows a small groups to go? I don’t have my book handy with me.

Brett

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I need to confirm exact dates with my wife, but we are in. We plan stopping at Zion on the way there and assuming no material mechanical issues we will hit sand hollow in hurricane Utah on the way back to San Diego. If anyone is interested in that.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.