This is becoming an addiction...

JayPear5

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hey everyone, new poster to the forum. Came across when doing research on whether to buy a Wrangler. I have seriously been on this forum 2-3 times a day for the past four months(scared to think how obsessed I will be when I get my Wrangler), and now I decided to create an account.

First thank you to all of you for your insight and passion. The knowledge shared on this website helped me make a decision.

On 10/14 I ordered a 2020 Willy's 3.6 in White with dual tops (Chicago winters), Alpine speakers, and Advanced Safety package. I got an invoice from my salesperson that it is scheduled to ship on 10/22. He said they must be slow because that's some of the fastest turnaround time he's seen.

Finally my question. I did a search of the forum and couldn't find a thread where this was mentioned, but does anyone have any idea why you can't do the hard-top headliner with an automatic transmission. I'm not a big car guy but I'm failing to see what the conflict would be?

Thanks....for everything.
Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Hey everyone, new poster to the forum. Came across when doing research on whether to buy a Wrangler. I have seriously been on this forum 2-3 times a day for the past four months(scared to think how obsessed I will be when I get my Wrangler), and now I decided to create an account.

First thank you to all of you for your insight and passion. The knowledge shared on this website helpede make a decision.

On 10/14 I ordered a 2020 Willy's 3.6 in White with dual tops (Chicago winter's), Alpine speakers, and Advanced Safety package. I got an invoice from my salesperson that it is scheduled to ship on 10/22. He said they must be slow because that's some of the fastest turnaround time he's seen.

Finally my question. I did a search of the forum and couldn't find a thread where this was mentioned, but does anyone have any idea why you can't do the hard-top headliner with an automatic transmission. I'm not a big car guy but I'm failing to see what the conflict would be?

Thanks....for everything.
Why do you think cant add the headliner with an auto?

The Altitude package includes the headliner AND can be ordered with an automatic transmission.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Welcome to the group! I haven't ordered mine yet, but like you I have been tapping into this forum for knowledge. All the folks are amazing.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Congrats and welcome. That turn around is Crazy fast!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!! I have had my ‘20 Sahara since 9/5 and have nearly 5,000 miles in it already!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! I live in Southern, IN. I have already had the Jeep all over Indiana. I have also been to: Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan.

Again welcome and enjoy!!!! So far ours had been everything we hoped for and more.

Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think thats just the build tool being weird, and you can add it back after changing the transmission.

The cold weather group always gets removed when moving from manual to auto because it changes the package (remote start), it may be something similar for headliner.

I may be wrong, but the Jeep site’s build tool is always wonky.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
It’s an error. I have a 2020 with a headliner from the factory and it is an automatic

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Welcome! Can’t wait to see pics of your Jeep and where imagination takes it.

Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next question though, where did you order from and what type of deal did you find in Chicagoland?

I’ve been shopping around St. Louis and central Illinois with limited luck. Best I’ve found is Superior in Conway, Arkansas at 6% below invoice. Hoping to get some local dealers who will match or come close but we will see. No luck with any Chicago dealers yet.

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Congrats and welcome. That turn around is Crazy fast!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!! I have had my ‘20 Sahara since 9/5 and have nearly 5,000 miles in it already!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! I live in Southern, IN. I have already had the Jeep all over Indiana. I have also been to: Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan.

Again welcome and enjoy!!!! So far ours had been everything we hoped for and more.
5000 miles in a month and a half !? Do you at least get out of your jeep to pee ?

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
5000 miles in a month and a half !? Do you at least get out of your jeep to pee ?
Get out and pee?!!

Why? Are you supposed too?!

I thought those drain holes were for......

Damn it, my wife was right

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Check out the hotheads headliner. Better than the factory and if you catch one of their 10% off sales will be cheaper as well. I live near chicago as well and love the dual tops, just put my hard top back on for winter.

Next question though, where did you order from and what type of deal did you find in Chicagoland?

I’ve been shopping around St. Louis and central Illinois with limited luck. Best I’ve found is Superior in Conway, Arkansas at 6% below invoice. Hoping to get some local dealers who will match or come close but we will see. No luck with any Chicago dealers yet.
I bought mine from Jason at Tyson motors in Shorewood, IL. 6% off invoice with TL. They threw in locking lugs for free and a $25 gas card when i picked it up. Had to argue about the lugs though, they wanted $250 originally...lol. minimal doc fee as well, think it was around $300 but can't remember. I saw another member got his for 6.5% below invoice through him.

No BS in the financing room either, they asked me once about extended warranty's etc and that was it.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought mine from Jason at Tyson motors in Shorewood, IL. 6% off invoice with TL. They threw in locking lugs for free and a $25 gas card when i picked it up. Had to argue about the lugs though, they wanted $250 originally...lol. minimal doc fee as well, think it was around $300 but can't remember. I saw another member got his for 6.5% below invoice through him.

No BS in the financing room either, they asked me once about extended warranty's etc and that was it.
Thanks!

When ready, I will definitely reach out to him. If no-one in StL comes close, Shorewood, IL is about half the drive to Conway, Arkansas from here.
Sponsored

Last edited: