• Total voters

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Again, not true. Just because someone can afford a 50k vehicle doesn’t mean they can afford all these repairs with other mechanics. You buy a new car you expect the warranty to cover any issues with it. You don’t expect to be paying out of pocket for a badly built brand new car.

I’m not saying the cars are badly built, I’m not pretending to know what the issue is with the steering.
When you add safety into the mix and make that a central point of your argument you lost me. There is no way I would drive a vehicle that I felt wasn’t safe. My families safety is my responsibility and mine alone. It Is incumbent upon me to take any and all action to make sure their safety. If you didn’t have health insurance would you not find a way to have life-saving surgery if you need it??
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I guess I haven't gotten to the conclusion that the steering pump and gearbox have a problem. I was just under my Jeep and had it running with my wife turning the steering wheel back and forth half a turn. My Jeep has all stock original parts as built in Oct 2018. When I looked at the track bar I could see the bushing on the axle end allowing the bar to move almost an 1/8" relative to the axle bracket. The other end was about 1/16" of movement. I didn't have a way to measure the flex in the track bar. I'm putting the SteerSmarts Yeti Pro-Series in today. We'll see...
Please let us know,how,it handles after that.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wow great video, but no way would I ever tackle a project like that.

It still does not answer the question as to why the problem is on 30% or so of the jeeps.
If it’s a bad system it should be bad on all.
It is a bad system, but guys that have driven jeeps for a long time and wheel their jeeps take the good with the bad. And most will look to the aftermarket to resolve the issue such as myself. And it’s not just fixing something that Jeep should fix it’s also making it a better and more capable off road machine.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
When you add safety into the mix and make that a central point of your argument you lost me. There is no way I would drive a vehicle that I felt wasn’t safe. My families safety is my responsibility and mine alone. It Is incumbent upon me to take any and all action to make sure their safety. If you didn’t have health insurance would you not find a way to have life-saving surgery if you need it??
This is exactly why people are so upset and keep complaining. They don’t know how to fix the issue, some have exhausted all options. Again, not everybody has the money or know how to fix it themselves or pay someone else to do it.

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a guy on here that added a Rubicon Express 2.5” lift with lug centric wheels and 35’s and he’s blaming the Jeep for wandering, cmon, really??
Hey I take offense to that first Im gender neutral not a guy and second I have 37"x12.5x17 not 35 and since my daddy left me a bunch of money I am able to add some things if you could recommend them :).

In all seriousness I have tire rod and drag link from SS, RE track bar, AEV front drop brackets, teraflex rear drop track bracket, and I run the tires at 28 cold. I don't really have complaints about the wondering any more its the play in the wheel and over correction when I go from 10:30 to 1:30 and the jeep doesn't move.

At any rate could you recommend an excellent true 2.5" lift to go with my fox 2.0 shocks and in all honesty do you think the lug centric wheels cause that much of an issue.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey I take offense to that first Im gender neutral not a guy and second I have 37"x12.5x17 not 35 and since my daddy left me a bunch of money I am able to add some things if you could recommend them :).

In all seriousness I have tire rod and drag link from SS, RE track bar, AEV front drop brackets, teraflex rear drop track bracket, and I run the tires at 28 cold. I don't really have complaints about the wondering any more its the play in the wheel and over correction when I go from 10:30 to 1:30 and the jeep doesn't move.

At any rate could you recommend an excellent true 2.5" lift to go with my fox 2.0 shocks and in all honesty do you think the lug centric wheels cause that much of an issue.
Man your awesome!! Does it have that much play all the time or only at a stand still??

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

You kinda did a Frankenstein lift lol. One issue I see might be the fact that AEV’s drop brackets are optimized for their control arm length and may not play well with the RE arms. The rear isn’t that big a deal as long as your within Teraflex lift height requirements for the drop. How does your caster look look, what did it come out to?

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man your awesome!! Does it have that much play all the time or only at a stand still??
Mosty in warmer weather and at rest engine on or off and about the same at speed. Seems to loosen up the longer I drive. Almost like something before the steering box but I haven't had someone turn the wheel while looking just yet I was waiting on someone else to solve the problem then copy. Hehe

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You kinda did a Frankenstein lift lol. One issue I see might be the fact that AEV’s drop brackets are optimized for their control arm length and may not play well with the RE arms. The rear isn’t that big a deal as long as your within Teraflex lift height requirements for the drop. How does your caster look look, what did it come out to?
Yes sir that my life I do eveything backward and then spend more in the end.

I dont have the RE control arms just the springs, sway bar links, and track bar.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Oh my god!! It would cost a freakin $100 dollars
This is exactly why people are so upset and keep complaining. They don’t know how to fix the issue, some have exhausted all options. Again, not everybody has the money or know how to fix it themselves or pay someone else to do it.
This conversation is absolutely ridiculous, anyone that bought and pays for a brand new Wrangler can afford $100 for a freakin second opinion if it was so important. I’m not saying to go pay someone to fix it, At least get a second opinion so you can find out what’s wrong with it and go from there. At least you’ll have a starting point and you can advise the dealer where to look. If you can’t do at least that, then the conclusion is all you want to do is complain!!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes sir that my life I do eveything backward and then spend more in the end.

I dont have the RE control arms just the springs, sway bar links, and track bar.
It’s alright brother I did and do the same thing with mine!

When I first got the Rubi I installed a Teraflex 2” spacer lift with 35’s because I didn’t want to ruin the stock ride, man did I ruin the stock ride!! It drove like a kite on a windy day, $500 bucks and a wasted Saturday install on my knees later, I hated it!!! I tried to correct it with an adjustable track bar to re center the front axel and dialing in a good psi for my tires but my caster was way off and that’s one of the main reasons why jeeps wander.

I really don’t care too much about the suspension warranty but I do care about the powertrain warranty so I had one of my customers at the dealer install the Mopar lift for me. That in itself changed the jeep, it made it what I was hoping it would be from the beginning. I still feel like my rear end is going one way while the front is going another sometimes, but I think a rear drop bracket will fix that.

Your issues:: Yours can be a little complicated because of all the mixed Parts, did you get the right size shocks for your springs? Do you have an adjustable track bar? How much lift did you gain?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh my god!! It would cost a freakin $100 dollars

This conversation is absolutely ridiculous, anyone that bought and pays for a brand new Wrangler can afford $100 for a freakin second opinion if it was so important. I’m not saying to go pay someone to fix it, At least get a second opinion so you can find out what’s wrong with it and go from there. At least you’ll have a starting point and you can advise the dealer where to look. If you can’t do at least that, then the conclusion is all you want to do is complain!!
Bud, I think you are stuck in a mind set that others here don't have, or even want.

We shouldn't have to do any of this. End of story.

It's not about what we can afford or what we can do outside the realm of FCA, it's about them selling goods that are broken. There is no counter-point to this.

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
@NPE102414
First - I was the one that started this thread to see if other 2020 owners had the same thing and to share my experience. So, if you don't like "this thread" leave and don't come back. YES I am complaining. YES I have worked with FCA and the dealer. NO they have not fixed it. NO this is not a "Jeep" thing. It is a manufacturer defect. I DO NOT and WILL NOT settle for mediocrity when I pay $50k+ for a vehicle. I expect it to work they way it is suppose to work.
Constant correcting to the left for a constant pull to the right IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Fine if you want to brush it off with your caviler attitude. Perhaps you are a millionaire and don't give 2shits about your money. Or perhaps you are just a troll. Or maybe you have no life and just like to annoy others. I don't know...I don't care.
As for me, I am hoping that enough people WILL complain and get the attention of @JeepCares so they will do something about it. It is also a community thread to see how others have addressed this issue and what their outcomes were to see if we can use this for own issues on how to deal with FCA/Dealers.
Second - THANK YOU to all of you have/are/will post to this thread and for your input, complaints, ideas, and resolutions. Do not listen to these trolls and naysayers. (Oh...by the way...this is my 4th jeep in the last 25 years...so I am no newbie and know EXACTLY how these should drive)
CHEERS!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@NPE102414
First - I was the one that started this thread to see if other 2020 owners had the same thing and to share my experience. So, if you don't like "this thread" leave and don't come back. YES I am complaining. YES I have worked with FCA and the dealer. NO they have not fixed it. NO this is not a "Jeep" thing. It is a manufacturer defect. I DO NOT and WILL NOT settle for mediocrity when I pay $50k+ for a vehicle. I expect it to work they way it is suppose to work.
Constant correcting to the left for a constant pull to the right IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Fine if you want to brush it off with your caviler attitude. Perhaps you are a millionaire and don't give 2shits about your money. Or perhaps you are just a troll. Or maybe you have no life and just like to annoy others. I don't know...I don't care.
As for me, I am hoping that enough people WILL complain and get the attention of @JeepCares so they will do something about it. It is also a community thread to see how others have addressed this issue and what their outcomes were to see if we can use this for own issues on how to deal with FCA/Dealers.
Second - THANK YOU to all of you have/are/will post to this thread and for your input, complaints, ideas, and resolutions. Do not listen to these trolls and naysayers. (Oh...by the way...this is my 4th jeep in the last 25 years...so I am no newbie and know EXACTLY how these should drive)
CHEERS!
With a question like this you are indeed a newbie

Ok all - tell me if I am losing my mind or not....but tonight for the first time I looked at my 2020 JLU Rubicon from the back (walking back into the garage from getting the mail) and I noticed that it looked like my Jeep was titling ever so slightly to the right. I drove it out of garage and straight as an arrow back in...walked behind it...still looks like it is off angle to the right. Does that sound odd to anyone or has anyone else seen something like this?
I am now wondering if my specific pulling to the right problem has something to do with the Jeep being off center - I am thinking if that is the case...even a few degrees, it could exacerbate the pulling problem?
Anyone have any thoughts/ideas as to why it might be slightly tilting to the right? Shocks, springs, camber, axle?
Sponsored