Not open for further replies.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
So I will need to decide between a JL or a Bronco in a few years(Currently driving a JK). I love the whole Jeep wave thing... even today I was driving with my doors off and saw another JK with doors off and the guy was waving like crazy at me, hilarious and fun to see. Will we wave at Broncos? Or will broncos only wave to other broncos? I, for one, assuming the Bronco turns out legit, would like to include them!
Sponsored

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
So I will need to decide between a JL or a Bronco in a few years(Currently driving a JK). I love the whole Jeep wave thing... even today I was driving with my doors off and saw another JK with doors off and the guy was waving like crazy at me, hilarious and fun to see. Will we wave at Broncos? Or will broncos only wave to other broncos? I, for one, assuming the Bronco turns out legit, would like to include them!
You are here by shun from the Jeep wave community.

Please sell your Jeep, go buy a Bronco and never return.

Sincerely,
-FCA

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

The FJC is no where near as capable as a JL. The A-trac system IMO, is pretty crappy as is their hill descent. The rear locker is legitimate....it works well....but the FJC has zero flex, a lot of low hanging body cladding, you can't see out of it, and just doesn't fit well down most trails.

You should ask him to go wheeling with you....If he's like the guys in the FJC clubs around here...he won't go. It seems in their mind the FJC is a fantastic wheeler...just don't ask them to prove it. :giggle:
What do you think an ICON Vehicle Dynamics K53055T Susp Sys Stage 5 would do? It’s pretty pricey at over $4k

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
What do you think an ICON Vehicle Dynamics K53055T Susp Sys Stage 5 would do? It’s pretty pricey at over $4k
Not much more than something else. Unless one was looking to do high speed desert running....and even then, its portly proportions and poor weight balance (heavy front bias) wouldn't make it ideal for that endeavor either.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Not much more than something else. Unless one was looking to do high speed desert running....and even then, its portly proportions and poor weight balance (heavy front bias) wouldn't make it ideal for that endeavor either.
Got it. Yeah I cant figure it out, there's several bolt on suspension systems for thousands of dollars and I was having trouble seeing the big benefit. Pretty underwhelming. I'm told the aftermarket is "robust".. this stuff has reviews from 2009

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I'll wave at whoever I damn want to, cause 'Murica!
tenor (4).gif

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Got it. Yeah I cant figure it out, there's several bolt on suspension systems for thousands of dollars and I was having trouble seeing the big benefit. Pretty underwhelming. I'm told the aftermarket is "robust".. this stuff has reviews from 2009
ICON made a name for itself offering slight part upgrades (mostly coilovers and remote reservoir shocks) over more traditional, established suspension "kit" manufacturers....and charging exorbitant pricing for it. Then others followed suit. But, that's what happens when you can't fab your own parts (a-arms, custom coilover mounts, etc.)....otherwise, people would just save a ton of money, buy higher quality parts and build stuff that wasn't limited to bolt-on factory locations...so you could optimize for a particular use. Jack of all trades, master of none.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
If indeed the new Bronco comes out and looks like a Ranger I don't see it being a hit other than to Ford diehards. Don't care how off road worthy it is, it it doesn't have a unique appearance like the old Bronco it won't get a following. It might compete with the Tacoma but not the Jeep Wrangler as far as developing a cult following

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
If indeed the new Bronco comes out and looks like a Ranger I don't see it being a hit other than to Ford diehards. Don't care how off road worthy it is, it it doesn't have a unique appearance like the old Bronco it won't get a following. It might compete with the Tacoma but not the Jeep Wrangler as far as developing a cult following
It is apparently going to look a lot like the original square 1st gen Broncos, the new ranger will actually be based on the platform that the Bronco is debuting on so if anything the new Ranger may take some Bronco styling cues.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It is apparently going to look a lot like the original square 1st gen Broncos, the new ranger will actually be based on the platform that the Bronco is debuting on so if anything the new Ranger may take some Bronco styling cues.
That's a half truth. The Ranger and Bronco will share a platform that will debut in the US first as the Bronco. But it is a revised version of the current platform, and with it being the global Ranger platform, that is where the majority of their concern lies. There was talk about the Bronco sharing some bodylines with the Ranger/Everest. But it sounds like that is not going to happen, and the Bronco will have unique sheetmetal inspired by the first generation. It will be interesting to see what leaks come out in the next few months. But all of my sources are saying that it will be a tough SUV, just not solid axle tough.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Common misconception. 99.999% of us have not seen what the Bronco will look like, other than the vague early models under tarps. The few people who have seen a prototype body have said it looks very much like the 66-77 EB.

Not the Bronco a.jpg

Tarp Bronco 800.png

One of the people who have seen one of the prototype bodies identified this R&T rendering from a couple years ago as the one most similar to the real deal:

RnT Bronco render.jpg

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Common misconception. 99.999% of us have not seen what the Bronco will look like, other than the vague early models under tarps. The few people who have seen a prototype body have said it looks very much like the 66-77 EB.

Not the Bronco a.jpg

Tarp Bronco 800.png

One of the people who have seen one of the prototype bodies identified this R&T rendering from a couple years ago as the one most similar to the real deal:

RnT Bronco render.jpg
Curious how that would look in a 4 door. If all they capture is a part of the Jeep 2 door buyers Ford will never stick it out with a low volume production line
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.