Sponsored

Considering Gladiator. Share your trade in value on JL.

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
If anyone considered trading in JL for another vehicle can you please share what the dealer offered you . I see the trade in value on kelly blue book and it seems really off.
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
If anyone considered trading in JL for another vehicle can you please share what the dealer offered you . I see the trade in value on kelly blue book and it seems really off.
I looked at trading and after I drove one, I hate it. It's just a small pickup truck, nothing special.

In fact, I spoke to the service guy after work (ran into him at the grocery store and told him my thoughts about trading). He said don't do it. the Gladiator is just a jeep with a RAM rear end. That is the only difference. I couldn't have said it better myself.

If you want a truck, get a RAM.

my 2 cents....dont have to agree :)

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I looked at trading and after I drove one, I hate it. It's just a small pickup truck, nothing special.

In fact, I spoke to the service guy after work (ran into him at the grocery store and told him my thoughts about trading). He said don't do it. the Gladiator is just a jeep with a RAM rear end. That is the only difference. I couldn't have said it better myself.

What does he mean by a RAM rear end? It's the same axle in the JL.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6

In my eyes, if you want a truck but like Jeeps why not get a Jeep with a "RAM rear end"? At least the RAM back end is tied to a JL up front and has solid front-and-rear axles and isn't a big bubbly ugly as hell pickup with identical styling to everything else on the market. I think if you need a truck and even remotely enjoy the Wrangler and its off road chops, it'd be dumb to get a RAM in this case. Especially when RAM rear end basically means an empty cargo bed - the Jeep up front is what counts IMO.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What does he mean by a RAM rear end? It's the same axle in the JL.
Nah, it's not. He showed me the difference. That's why you can tow 2x the weight of a JLU can. I think towing is like 7500 lbs compared to the JLU at 3500.

Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In my eyes, if you want a truck but like Jeeps why not get a Jeep with a "RAM rear end"? At least the RAM back end is tied to a JL up front and has solid front-and-rear axles and isn't a big bubbly ugly as hell pickup with identical styling to everything else on the market. I think if you need a truck and even remotely enjoy the Wrangler and its off road chops, it'd be dumb to get a RAM in this case. Especially when RAM rear end basically means an empty cargo bed - the Jeep up front is what counts IMO.
Hey I said you dont have to agree as I was just sharing my experience. If you've ever been up to once close, the bed is like 4 foot long. can't haul anything in it. It's a pointless truck in my opinion. Most people get a truck for what it does, I just can't see it in this case.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
JT has the 5-link rear suspension from the 1500 Ram
Thanks buddy. I guess I should have used more technical terms, but thanks for the assist, lol.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks buddy. I guess I should have used more technical terms, but thanks for the assist, lol.
Also - I apologize for hi-jacking the OP initial question!

OP
OP

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I currently have a JL and F150....its a lot cheaper for me to combine into one vehicle. That is my reasoning. The JL's dont seem to be holding values like JK. Lets stick to trade in values. Thanks

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Should've seen it coming OP lol

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
For a Gladiator???

But why!? You'll have more room in your JLU if you put the rear seats down.

was offered $48,000 btw(entertained trading for another JLU diff color)

Blammmo_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr Rubicon
At one point I had considered trading so for kicks I tried 2 different dealers to see what they would offer for my Rubicon.
Needless to say I’ll stick with my 2 door, both offers were about $3,500 less than average Kbb value, and my Jeep is loaded, near perfect condition, and has low miles.
(About 12,000)

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
For a Gladiator???

But why!? You'll have more room in your JLU if you put the rear seats down.

was offered $48,000 btw(entertained trading for another JLU diff color)
Nice, how many miles were on it at the time of the $48k offer if you don't mind me asking?