Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I enjoy my 2018 JL Sport, and would like to keep it past the 3/36 Bumper to Bumper factory Warranty, so a fairly priced extended warranty for all the components, especially the high voltage batteries / sensors would be great for peace of mind. No one wants to pay high repair costs after the vehicle is paid off, Wranglers are fun, keep the extended ownership experience on the plus side !
Fingers crossed !
Private message me your Vin and Mileage and I will send you a quote of what is available. The Wrangler warranties are really reasonable.
Thanks for the feedback :)
Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

This is Good Feedback.. So Saying in the most respectful non argumentative manner because i do value your opinion.
If you buy a iPod at best buy or wall mart and have issues with it and take it to the store and the stores process is not up to par is this Apples fault or the store? I know these are $30,000 and up products so I do agree that there needs to be a seamless connection and better Rock solid processes for service both Customer Pay and Warrantied.
Not making an excuse. (Which is usually followed by an excuse I know :) )

We as a whole country are in a situation where we are short handed in about every service industry HVAC, Mechanics, Contractors you name it.
In this situation it is trained mechanics, there is a literal bidding war on good mechanics right now with every brand and in every state.
Which effects the whole process. It puts time crunches on diagnosing problems that should not have the time crunch on, it has commission based service writers and managers picking and choosing Jobs to spend the limited mechanic time they have on. This also leads to more finger pointing as you say.

Good news is all domestic manufactures are addressing this issue and are building many mechanic training facilities across the country.
These positions are in high demand and pay well trained mechanics a great income. I would say a highly trained mechanic makes well over what 85% of all college grads make. (Estimate of course)

Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction..
Thank you for taking my rant, and responding in a constructive manner. Sincerely, and seriously appreciated.

In the case that you specify above, I take the iPod to the Apple store. They take care of the problem. Apple owns their brand. This may be because I have purchased a significant amount of product from Apple over the years, and their systems track those purchases. Regardless, Apple has taken care of me. I am a loyal customer of their product.

My car experience has been with Mercedes Benz and Tesla. I have had great service experience with both brands.

I cannot say the same for Jeep. Before someone says "Jeep isn't Mercedes.." the irony, they used to be, but that isn't the point. I can get Mercedes products now for less money than a Jeep.

Quick summary of my experience, and this isn't isolated from conversations with others... Purchased a Mopar accessory kit that used the same parts that Jeep uses in the factory. My dealer installed it. The part does not work. It actually cannot work by design. I contact Jeep Cares. They informed me that it wasn't a Jeep problem. Dealer can't get support. I am hanging with a part that I did make work with a third party hack.

The failure here on Jeep is failure to own their brand. The customer should never have to care about the different divisions of FCA. The right answer here would be "We are sorry you are having a problem with your product Mr. Customer, we will have the right person contact you within the next few days"... and then follow up to make sure that happened.

Systematic failures like this make me lose confidence in the company, which makes me reluctant to purchase any support products.. as I have zero confidence that Jeep will stand behind them

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I totally agree that Jeep is responsible their dealerships. They are the face of your brand. They are executing the warranty contract on behalf of FCA. I assume Jeep has some control over their dealership network. Half of ownership of a new car is the dealership. If they are horrible then you probably won’t go back to that brand.

I have loved our Acuras. Dealerships have been great. Great cars. My father owns BMWs. Crap cars but they are treated so well at the dealer they always buy a new BMW. My Volvo I have now I hate with a passion. The dealers are so bad I will never buy another volvo. They all stink in my area and the prices don’t justify the dealer experience.

If I buy a car from Jeep as far as I am concerned I have paid money to Jeep and have a contract that issues will be covered by Jeep and provided by their dealers. If they aren’t being handled I don’t want to hear it’s the dealers problem. Ultimately Jeep agreed to provide me with service when I purchased the cars. If their dealers suck that’s not my problem. That’s Jeeps problem and I don’t want to hear about it. Jeeps internal communication problems within their dealerships and divisions should never be the customers issue. NEVER.

As an example I buy a fridge from Samsung and it breaks. They hire a local company to fix it and they do a poor job or don’t fix it. I don’t want Samsung to tell me to take it up with the local company. My warranty is with Samsung not the local company. They hired a crap contractor. Not my problem. By the way Samsung did this. I don’t buy Samsung anymore. That’s how it works.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Personally I'm as pro Jeep as it comes. I honestly think many complaints about Jeeps are people having unreasonable expectations of what a Wrangler is/should do. But this is something where I have to say Jeep drops the ball completely. Jeep dealers try to avoid warranty every way imaginable and blame the consumer for failures from the factory or defects. I would have no peace of mind buying a lifetime warranty knowing the dealers service department is going to do everything they could to negate it. Sure, you could fight it and win, but when you pay good money for a warranty you shouldn't have to even think about that. You shouldn't have to hear about "oversized tires" when they're all over Jeeps marketing and a part of the Wrangler brand. The list goes on and on here, there's so many things that could be listed where dealers falsely lay blame on the consumer.

I am grateful to have found a great dealer for service, but it's about 40 miles away from me. I'll pass about 10 different dealerships enroute on the way. It shouldn't be that way.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I second what @Strommen95 says.
I've been to a dealership where they said that because of the lift certain problems get pinned on me causing them by lifting it and I've been to one where they said your lift didn't cause this so we will look at it.
Here's the thing about the warranty... some of us actually wheel these things hard and dealerships use that against us when it comes to warranty issues. I had one dealership ask "Do you off road this?" YES I off road it because that's what it was designed to do!!!
I've already swapped in brand new Mopar/Dana D44s on the Jeep and picked up a two year factory warranty on the axles but you can bet that if I roll into a dealership with ANY suspension issues I will be denied.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership uses every chance to tell me they can't reproduce or never heard of the issue (despite my Dad literally designing/building the damn thing).

No extended warranty for me. What's the point of arguing.
Could you tell ur pops to take a second look at the steering design. Thanks bud

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales

Sponsored

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
After the rip off a dealer did to me I will NEVER buy a warranty from Mopar/FCA/Dealer. I was sold a $80 oil change warranty for $1400. That fact that FCA allows Dealers to do this to a buyer should be criminal!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
After the rip off a dealer did to me I will NEVER buy a warranty from Mopar/FCA/Dealer. I was sold a $80 oil change warranty for $1400. That fact that FCA allows Dealers to do this to a buyer should be criminal!
What should be criminal is breach of contract. If the terms of your warranty were broken, the courts are equipped to make it right.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
Yes. I love my Lincoln warranty

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wait, you paid $1400 for oil changes?

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, you paid $1400 for oil changes?
yea it was their "2 yr service contract" so I 'm like yea ok thats not bad for 2 yrs of service. Then I saw the paperwork and it only covered 3 oil changes. It took me 2 months to get my money back AND then it was used to make a payment by ALLY. so I am still paying interest on that 1400. FCA allows the dealer to set whatever price they want on the warranty and service contracts. I will never again buy anything from a dealer!
Sponsored