Excessive bowing issue with Mopar lift kit springs for JL

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I just had a dealer say this is normal spring bowing and that with the current bulletin released 4/10/18 FCA does not require dealers to replace lower spring isolators because bowing is normal.
That’s BS. No power makes an updated isolator to correct that, however, it’s still really doesn’t make that much of a difference. If you want your Spring straight then you will have to buy the Correction Rockcrawler isolators for the JL.
That’s what I did my springs are straight.
Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s BS. No power makes an updated isolator to correct that, however, it’s still really doesn’t make that much of a difference. If you want your Spring straight then you will have to buy the Correction Rockcrawler isolators for the JL.
That’s what I did my springs are straight.
Sorry, Mopar

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a dealer say this is normal spring bowing and that with the current bulletin released 4/10/18 FCA does not require dealers to replace lower spring isolators because bowing is normal.
Some bowing IS normal, but excessive bowing is not. See how close it is to the bump stop. Mine has the new pads, but still bows a little. It isn't close to the bump stop and it allows full articulation, so it is gtg. It took on Moab and performed flawlessly.

If you think it is too close to the bump stop, have @JeepCares help you out. Take a photo and send it to them. My dealership agreed with me that it was too close. Did your dealership even look at it?

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some bowing IS normal, but excessive bowing is not. See how close it is to the bump stop. Mine has the new pads, but still bows a little. It isn't close to the bump stop and it allows full articulation, so it is gtg. It took on Moab and performed flawlessly.

If you think it is too close to the bump stop, have @JeepCares help you out. Take a photo and send it to them. My dealership agreed with me that it was too close. Did your dealership even look at it?
Check to see if the outer ring where the bump stop in search to see if it’s hitting your springs you have to look close to see it it’ll be wearing off the paint on your spring

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Honestly, why would you want them to replace them? It will start to bow again in a few months. Just get a pair of Rockrawler perches for $30 and be done with it...

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Still an issue...or bad install.

20191012_085835.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
bad install I know they're made this way or something. somebody post one time but not that bad. I had mine a year with no problems

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
If you use the Mopar isolators, they will collapse and cause the springs to bow sooner or later. I used the RK isolators and after almost 2 years, no bow.

71924985_10220949753034038_7973583497711321088_n-L.jpg

Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase

20191012_085835.jpg
That is the old spring perch on there; it is pretty easy to spot. Get the factory replacement or the aftermarket one mentioned above and you will be good to go. I have had the updated perch for +25k miles and have had no issues with bowing, or any change in spring angle.

Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

20191012_085835.jpg
I didn't read all 56 pages but first that's the old spring isolator the updated version is black. Can you take a picture from the back? It doesn't look like its rotated correctly and partly off the pad. Adjustable track bars are a must to ensure the axle is centered.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read all 56 pages but first that's the old spring isolator the updated version is black. Can you take a picture from the back? It doesn't look like its rotated correctly and partly off the pad. Adjustable track bars are a must to ensure the axle is centered.
It was a dealership build for sale locally. Not my rig. Good to know that it's an old pad though.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It was a dealership build for sale locally. Not my rig. Good to know that it's an old pad though.
I dunno. I had the new pads installed under warranty and they are grey, too, but had a new part number.

Does anyone have the latest part number for them?
Sponsored