Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to say that I've never experienced this. I've had lots of random conversations with folk I'd never met before, but it always on a positive note. Complimenting the color (Punk'n) or sharing Jeep stories from long ago. Maybe I live a sheltered life (if that's even possible driving a Punk'n Wrangler every day), but I just haven't seen it. If/when it DOES happen, I'll take that as my personal invitation to share what it's really like... probbly starting like "ya know... I used to feel that way too... until..." I mean c'mon... the Wrangler has come a long way... it wasn't crowned Motor Trends SUV of the Year for nothing.

That's been my experience also Eric. Many compliments, many saying they wish they had one, and I always enjoy answering questions. Odds are I'll run into one of "those people" one day, but I also enjoy those conversations at times. :)
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I don't know where you all live that you regularly get into such heated discussions with strangers over your cars (especially the more political ones people are claiming they've had). I've never had anyone "confront" me about any car I've ever owned.

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For the most part people seem to be very complimentary about my Jeep, every vehicle I have owned someone has said something ignorant about it at one time or another, Usually I just ignore it, especially the tribal fanboy comments about what is great and what sucks. My favorite comments though had to with a modified hot hatch I use to drive, numerous people, usually at the gas station would presume it was a high gas mileage economy car, "I bet you get great gas mileage out of that car". I would just nod my head, get in, start it up and when they heard the exhaust, their facial expression changed immediately.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Had a lady working the drive through at Taco Bell ask me how I stay in with no doors on.
My wife asked me that too when I bought it. I asked her how many UPS drivers does she see falling out of their trucks with the doors open.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If it's the 2.0 turbo, my understanding is that the turbo is water cooled, so it heats up the coolant extremely quickly. Thus, near-instant heat since that's where the heater gets it's heat.
Yes, the turbo is water-cooled, but has it's own circuit separate from that of the engines cooling circuit. For those of us with the bsg turbo, there is a third cooling circuit dedicated to keeping the 48V battery temps in check.

I assume that the heater core is still a standard component of the engine cooling system. I'm pretty sure the quick heat is a byproduct of the cold start lean condition programmed into the ecu. Its main objective is to get the O2 sensors in the exhaust up to running temp as quick as possible.

I always wait the minute or so for the idle to drop, before hopping in and shifting into gear. You can hear the tone of the engine change as the mixture richens, right before the idle drops. My last vehicle did this switch from cold start to warm normal idle very gradually, but the jeep is like flipping a light switch. Reminds me of adjusting fuel/air mixture, by sound and with a screwdriver, back in the day.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Chipe

Yes own 9 cars, nothing fancy, 20 Rubicon, 18 Sahara, 17 Challenger SRT, 06 PT GT stick vert, 06 PT base vert, 05 PT GT stick vert, 02 WJ 4.7 Laredo, 00 Durango SLT+ 5.9, 86 Daytona Turbo Z CS

All run fine save the 86 which has been on the back burner.

My wife and I have long commutes, so I pay cash for all cars and maintain them, once they get 5 yrs old, not worth trading them for my situation. The PTs I got cheap used, since everyone hates on em.
I did part with winter car 03 PT GT, had 184k, needed the room. Did dyno that a few yrs back, put 227 whp and 254 tq. on a dynojet.

Nice thing is you can swap them in and out of service, like getting something different every few months.
also allows me to detail them and do the maintenance at my leisure.

A few pics

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

MightyD00durangores.jpg

Quaker Hill 338.jpg

Quaker Hill 813.jpg

Quaker Hill 725.jpg

Quaker Hill 682.jpg

Last edited:

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
One time I went topless and it rained. My friend said that's one reason why he won't get a Jeep.... Yeah like we have no choice but to drive without a top...

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
My wife told some guy in her office that I had bought a Wrangler and the guy says "best day of my life is when I sold my Wrangler" - why would you say that to anyone about any car/truck that they had just bought??

.....thanks for letting me vent.
Literally the First time I've ever heard anyone say this. Everyone is always "OH I sold my Wrangler. I loved it. I miss it."

Sponsored

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I traded in 2 cars for our Jeep: a convertible and an SUV. The Jeep does double duty as both, and is the best convertible we've ever owned.

When I got it, I laughed at the quick-start manual, in which taking the doors off is the very second thing they tell you how to do. Our doors have been off since May! We're complete converts!
We have the HVAC turned off. The breeze through the missing doors is enough to stay comfortable even in the Georgia summer heat, 90-100 degrees! Anything 73 degrees or above is comfortable, anything less requires a light jacket in the morning. Non Jeepers just can't understand. I couldn't, even the day I bought it.

And we almost never speed in this vehicle. What's the hurry when you're having so much fun?

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I get this from time to time - "why did you buy a fully decked out Rubicon if your not going to go rock crawling with it?"

My reply: "why did you buy a fully decked out Porshe/Corvette/Fast and Furious Honda Civic if you ain't taking it to the track and racing it?"

There response: **crickets**

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Chipe

Yes own 9 cars, nothing fancy, 20 Rubicon, 18 Sahara, 17 Challenger SRT, 06 PT GT stick vert, 06 PT base vert, 05 PT GT stick vert, 02 WJ 4.7 Laredo, 00 Durango SLT+ 5.9, 86 Daytona Turbo Z CS

My wife and I have long commutes, so I pay cash for all cars and maintain them, once they get 5 yrs old, not worth trading them for my situation. The PTs I got cheap used, since everyone hates on em.
I did part with winter car 03 PT GT, had 184k, needed the room. Did dyno that a few yrs back, put 227 whp and 254 tq. on a dynojet.

Nice thing is you can swap them in and out of service, like getting something different every few months.

A few pics

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

MightyD00durangores.jpg

Quaker Hill 338.jpg

Quaker Hill 813.jpg

Quaker Hill 725.jpg

Quaker Hill 682.jpg
Those PT cruisers need to be buried alive

...just sayn

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Chipe

A few pics

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

MightyD00durangores.jpg

Quaker Hill 338.jpg

Quaker Hill 813.jpg

Quaker Hill 725.jpg

Quaker Hill 682.jpg
My brother-in-law had 3 PT's as well, and loved 'em all. I rode in a few and to be honest they were limousine quiet. Awkward looking but heck of a ride. :)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I traded in 2 cars for our Jeep: a convertible and an SUV. The Jeep does double duty as both, and is the best convertible we've ever owned.

When I got it, I laughed at the quick-start manual, in which taking the doors off is the very second thing they tell you how to do. Our doors have been off since May! We're complete converts!
We have the HVAC turned off. The breeze through the missing doors is enough to stay comfortable even in the Georgia summer heat, 90-100 degrees! Anything 73 degrees or above is comfortable, anything less requires a light jacket in the morning. Non Jeepers just can't understand. I couldn't, even the day I bought it.

And we almost never speed in this vehicle. What's the hurry when you're having so much fun?
No need for a jacket because the JL has awesome heat. My husband laughs at me when it's 50 out and I have my top off with the heat blasting. :like:
Sponsored