Status
Not open for further replies.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Another sweet setup!
Sponsored

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S Ordered
Having trouble figuring out how to adjust mine. Does anyone have an online guide of can take a pic of where to adjust up and down? THanks!

nellipj

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Having trouble figuring out how to adjust mine. Does anyone have an online guide of can take a pic of where to adjust up and down? THanks!
There is a rubber cover on the back of the headlight assembly that’s about a 1 inch wide circle. Peel that off, being careful not to drop it into the engine bay. This will expose a hex nut that adjusts the light up and down. The headlights shipped with a hex key to use for adjustment.

DD8B0566-DFE9-4DFA-8DD5-E5A276C5C408.jpeg

99CE3859-CF87-42C6-AD9F-8C6D9BCBE6C9.jpeg

F3665D8B-3D5C-49F6-BE2C-223248FF1212.jpeg

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S Ordered
Excellent, thank you sir!

There is a rubber cover on the back of the headlight assembly that’s about a 1 inch wide circle. Peel that off, being careful not to drop it into the engine bay. This will expose a hex nut that adjusts the light up and down. The headlights shipped with a hex key to use for adjustment.

DD8B0566-DFE9-4DFA-8DD5-E5A276C5C408.jpeg

99CE3859-CF87-42C6-AD9F-8C6D9BCBE6C9.jpeg

F3665D8B-3D5C-49F6-BE2C-223248FF1212.jpeg

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I really wanted these but I settled for the Kiwi 9” lights... even with a 10% discount it was still a little rich for my blood...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished installing the Oculus headlights, fog, rear brake, backup and front switchbacks. Very pleased with the results. All Oracle LEDs. I'll try to get a picture tonight and post it.

Did you do the sequential tail light/turn signals.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone have good experiences in weather with these? I’m stuck between jw speakers and these oracle lights but being blind as a bat (wear contacts) and having all types of weather I need lights good for fog and snow and I heard the jw doesn’t cut it for snow occasions.

Sponsored

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Anyone have good experiences in weather with these? I’m stuck between jw speakers and these oracle lights but being blind as a bat (wear contacts) and having all types of weather I need lights good for fog and snow and I heard the jw doesn’t cut it for snow occasions.
I had JW Speakers in my JK, I loved them. However, they were not the model with the heated headlamps. In snowstorms, the snow would pile up into the headlight cavities, and cut your lighting down a lot. I would have as much as a couple of inches of snow over the headlamps.

So... now I'm looking to upgrade my headlights for my JL. As much as I really want to put in a 9" headlamp, I'll probably go for the heated 7" JW Speakers. I have to decide how often it snows on Long Island and needing heated headlamps, vs having a 9" unheated headlamp.

Still deciding...

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I had JW Speakers in my JK, I loved them. However, they were not the model with the heated headlamps. In snowstorms, the snow would pile up into the headlight cavities, and cut your lighting down a lot. I would have as much as a couple of inches of snow over the headlamps.
So... now I'm looking to upgrade my headlights for my JL. As much as I really want to put in a 9" headlamp, I'll probably go for the heated 7" JW Speakers. I have to decide how often it snows on Long Island and needing heated headlamps, vs having a 9" unheated headlamp.

Still deciding...
sounds good. Guess I have more research to do. I did not see the option for heated headlamps. But I will consider it, driving in the rain last night I couldn’t see anything but the water on my windshield. And i just rainxd the windows which worked really well but couldn’t see about 2 lane markers ahead of me with some cheaper headlights I thought where good. Knew I should have just went with the bang for buck jw speaker. Anyone have info on the oracles? Would like to weigh options just for knowledge?

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
sounds good. Guess I have more research to do. I did not see the option for heated headlamps. But I will consider it, driving in the rain last night I couldn’t see anything but the water on my windshield. And i just rainxd the windows which worked really well but couldn’t see about 2 lane markers ahead of me with some cheaper headlights I thought where good. Knew I should have just went with the bang for buck jw speaker. Anyone have info on the oracles? Would like to weigh options just for knowledge?
Keep in mind ALL LED headlights run cooler than halogen, so it's not just an issue with JW Speaker. You'll have to decide the tradeoff between a 9" that packs with snow, vs a 7" heated with space around the headlamp. I'm hoping Speaker at some point comes out with a 9" headlamp. I'm not familiar with Oracle's quality at all; however, they are on my list of headlights under consideration.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
L
Keep in mind ALL LED headlights run cooler than halogen, so it's not just an issue with JW Speaker. You'll have to decide the tradeoff between a 9" that packs with snow, vs a 7" heated with space around the headlamp. I'm hoping Speaker at some point comes out with a 9" headlamp. I'm not familiar with Oracle's quality at all; however, they are on my list of headlights under consideration.
very true but I already gave up that 9” option for some cheaper lights which I love the look but not the output. And Incase that gap is a worry morimoto I believe sells a 200$ bracket that’s a full buildable enclosure like the oem headlights. I think they can be found on Quadratec as well. But the gap isn’t as bad and I can deal with it, just not the output in the rain or snow.

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
I've read that switching from halogen to oem led headlights requires a dealer or tazer system adjustment to recognize the change in light type.. is this needed with the Oculus lights as well? And if not, why/what's different about them vs the factory leds?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.