Sponsored

Diesel JL Wrangler specs officially announced

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
Doubt it...people have run 500+ lb-ft through D44s for years without issue. More likely an efficiency tune or cooling issues or both. They had to alter the gladiator front end to improve cooling under load. There’s also no mid-size or full-size pickup towing/payload/torque war to keep up with in the Wrangler segment so they can prioritize efficiency for fleet fuel economy purposes.

Really!!!!!!!!!!

Even Dynatrac doesn't want you running a V8 with their PR60 rear. And the majority of V8's in JK don't make 500 tq at the crank.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Really!!!!!!!!!!

Even Dynatrac doesn't want you running a V8 with their PR60 rear. And the majority of V8's in JK don't make 500 tq at the crank.
If I recall correctly, there are older vettes and vipers that used D44s and were tuned to impressive HP/torque figures on that axle. I’m sure there were some differences to the wrangler iteration but people are also dropping hellcat engines into gladiators and running the power through stock D44s.

BAKNBLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT diesel
If I recall correctly, there are older vettes and vipers that used D44s and were tuned to impressive HP/torque figures on that axle. I’m sure there were some differences to the wrangler iteration but people are also dropping hellcat engines into gladiators and running the power through stock D44s.

Yes and they are mall queens not abused or taken off road and used.
The Tq rating of a D44 with 4.10's in would be past its limit with 500tq , add weight and taller heaver than stock wheels and tires your asking for trouble.

Stock axles are the Min spec for usage...check the specs:

http://www.canadawideparts.com/downloads/catalogs/danaspicer_crateaxles_X5302-DAG.pdf

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Yes and they are mall queens not abused or taken off road and used.
The Tq rating of a D44 with 4.10's in would be past its limit with 500tq , add weight and taller heaver than stock wheels and tires your asking for trouble.

Stock axles are the Min spec for usage...check the specs:

http://www.canadawideparts.com/downloads/catalogs/danaspicer_crateaxles_X5302-DAG.pdf
Guess we’ll find out if anyone gets around the EPA and FCA code to chip-tune the JLU 3.0 or JT 3.0.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Guess we’ll find out if anyone gets around the EPA and FCA code to chip-tune the JLU 3.0 or JT 3.0.
I'm sure someone will, we just may need to take a trip to Canada.
Sponsored