Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but will I run into any issues running 35x12.5 on my stock rubicon wheels? Also is the tailgate reinforcement and oversized tire carrier required for this setup? I’ll probably go with nitto trail grapplers like I had on my 2012.

Thanks for your help!
No problem with 35x12.5 on the rims or tailgate.

4647C3D0-2C77-4524-86A3-256CF2021675.jpeg
Sponsored

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Am I reading the first post correctly? 35” K02 weighs 65lbs but the 37” weighs 68?

snowren24

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2007 Acura TL-S, 2013 Triumph Street Triple
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but will I run into any issues running 35x12.5 on my stock rubicon wheels? Also is the tailgate reinforcement and oversized tire carrier required for this setup? I’ll probably go with nitto trail grapplers like I had on my 2012.

Thanks for your help!
I was told by my local discount tire that 35x1250 would probably be fine but they didn't recommend it and they wouldn't do 37x1250 on a stock wheel.

I wouldn't recommend going to a 35 without the reinforcement, I didn't on my JK when I went to wider 33s and eventually mt tailgate started to pull back. Not the same obviously, but I believe that the mopar reinforcement stares that it is for running 35" and larger tires so apparently mopar recommends it.

RayBA

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Hi all,

I have a friend who can give me 5 wheels, they are bigger than I'd like, but they're free and brand new. The company screwed up and letting him keep it. They are 20 inch Venomrex Grey VR501 Wheels. It's only the rim and no tire. I am trying to figure out what types of tires I can get with them that will not require me to lift my Jeep.

While grocery shopping at Costco, I stopped by the tire dept. and gave them info, but they had no idea, so I can't even price them out.

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!

2019 Wrangler Sport Altitude

Sponsored

acacia052

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited jl
Not necessarily related, but cooper tires are made solely in the USA in Findlay Ohio. The others are generally a crap shoot, listed in the tires when they arrive. Are any of the other tires on the list us made? I do try to buy American when possible

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was trying to get Patagonia tires thru America’s tire. After 5 weeks waiting I threw in the towel. My JLR is now on Cooper SST Pro’s 37x12.50r17 ...
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) JL w 37's b

Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) JL w 37's

AEV JL Pintler wheels 5.77 and +25
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) JL tire stick out

No spare on the tailgate issues either haha
Jeep Wrangler JL Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics) JL spare's new home

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I was trying to get Patagonia tires thru America’s tire. After 5 weeks waiting I threw in the towel. My JLR is now on Cooper SST Pro’s 37x12.50r17 C rated. ...
JL w 37's b.jpg

JL w 37's.jpg

Stoped on way home from tire shop for a couple pictures. No off road time yet.
JL spare's new home.jpg

No spare on the tailgate issues either haha
they're too soft of a tire you can push on it and just see how soft they are i'm sure they're great ride but they won't last that long friends of mine are Discount tire managers and they tell people if you want a longer lasting tire get the coopers and Cooper so much more affordable. I'm having great luck with my 37 1350 cooper's SST pro. There's a reason why you see just about everybody with the JL running them
@sourdough it looks amazing!! im not a fan of white but your rig looks good with those coopers !!!
@sourdough it looks amazing!! im not a fan of white but your rig looks good with those coopers !!!
I've had every color vehicle there was we had suburban trucks and my buddies about 15 years ago told me once you get white you'll never get another color and tthey were right that's all we've had in the last 15 years three vehicles in our and my wife daughter me white just stays clean and always has a nice shine that bright white

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have sting gray n I love it more than all the years of colors you had clean or not. but thx happy you like yours.. but still mine is waaaaaay nicer. just look at any battle ship n mine is same. perfect. :)
So where is your battleship I don't see a photo of your Jeep and I don't know if you seen a photo of mine. to say yours is nicer there all nice I won't say mine's better than yours i'll say there all nice people fix their Jeep up the way they want it for themselves and if everyone is happy with their jeep that's what matters. I had the doors off I think mine looks great I get lots of compliments like you do. Like I said they all look good where is picture of your jeep with a battle ship on it

Screenshot_20190920-022456_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

NikBrass

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So are BFG, Goodyear, Cooper, and General the only ones with white lettering?

Would really like to do some Mickey Thompson’s with white lettering but the new KM3s would be a classic look too.
What's the informal rule on white lettering... someone once told me you should be of a certain age/vintage before you go for this look.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
What's the informal rule on white lettering... someone once told me you should be of a certain age/vintage before you go for this look.
Screw that. I like OWL and feel no need to apologize for it.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Kumho Road Venture Mud Terrain KL71. (35x12.5x18). Only knock is that they are directional tires.

Tires.jpg
Jeepp.jpg

I myself don't think directional is a drawback. Unidirectional tires tend to torque steer in mud when you have wheel spin since the lugs on the tires are angled in the same direction. With a directional tread on tires the "paddles" are balanced so you don't have that torque steer issue. (yea only happens when mud bogging, but that's part of running trails on the East coast)

evanroman

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.autolovins.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Blogger
I'll add that the Hankook Dynapro M/T was the Four Wheeler Magazine mud tire champion a few years ago, and is regarded as one of the best, if not the best, mud terrain tire on the market. Here are some weights in popular sizes for daily driven Jeeps, taken directly from manufacturer data:

255/75-17 = 53.5 lbs.

265/70-17 = 56 lbs.

285/70-17 = 63.5 lbs.
Gewat Resource!
Sponsored