Sponsored

Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
... It has the hottest and quickest to warm up heater I've ever used....
Amen to that! I thought my F-150 was fast, but wow, its insanely quick to warm up!
Sponsored

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Amen to that! I thought my F-150 was fast, but wow, its insanely quick to warm up!
I haven't had my JL through the winter yet, but I am curious to see how it compares to my TJ with the straight 6. That was blowing warm air before I got to the end of my block. Loved it, really eliminates the concern with a not so insulated top.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't had my JL through the winter yet, but I am curious to see how it compares to my TJ with the straight 6. That was blowing warm air before I got to the end of my block. Loved it, really eliminates the concern with a not so insulated top.
Well, I haven't either, but it was about 1 C here (typical Canadian fall) about a week ago, and it was blowing warm before I left my driveway. Must have been only 30 seconds to 1 minute. I think it may have a small electronic heater to supplement heat at first.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
Well, I haven't either, but it was about 1 C here (typical Canadian fall) about a week ago, and it was blowing warm before I left my driveway. Must have been only 30 seconds to 1 minute. I think it may have a small electronic heater to supplement heat at first.
If it's the 2.0 turbo, my understanding is that the turbo is water cooled, so it heats up the coolant extremely quickly. Thus, near-instant heat since that's where the heater gets it's heat.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Most of my conversations with non Jeep owners go the other way.

They start with someone seeing my Jeep and saying. "I want to have a Jeep" or "My next car will be a Jeep"

I follow by asking why? Usually their answer is something thoughtless like they are cool, or I always wanted one, or I like the way they look.

Then I gently ask practical question about how they use their car. Do you do a lot of highway driving, drive a lot of miles? Do you think you will take it off road? How often do you think you will take the top and/or doors off? Ultimately I end up telling most people there are other cars that would fit their use better and be much more cost effective to own.

Whenever people tell me they like my Jeep or they want one, I always tell them the same thing:

"It's awesome, go get one right now."

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Most of my conversations with non Jeep owners go the other way.

They start with someone seeing my Jeep and saying. "I want to have a Jeep" or "My next car will be a Jeep"

I follow by asking why? Usually their answer is something thoughtless like they are cool, or I always wanted one, or I like the way they look.

Then I gently ask practical question about how they use their car. Do you do a lot of highway driving, drive a lot of miles? Do you think you will take it off road? How often do you think you will take the top and/or doors off? Ultimately I end up telling most people there are other cars that would fit their use better and be much more cost effective to own.

Honestly, If my Wife and I had only 2 cars, neither of them would be a Jeep. But absolutely the Jeep is the best extra car ever for me. I would have 2 econo daily drivers if only to be practical and still afford a Jeep as a third car.

If we didn't do regular highway driving, or could share a car more for commuting, maybe something more practical and Jeep could work, but not for many people.

I have had a Wrangler for about 10 years now and will likely have one until I struggle to get in and out more than I can manage, but I wouldn't want to commute in one every day. Maybe if I had a short commute with little or no highway driving.

But I certainly don't understand people who own a Jeep as a replacement for an SUV, drive significant amounts on the highway and never go off road or take the top off - which seems like an increasingly common occurrence.
My Jeep replaced my 2012 Subaru Impreza and I couldn’t be happier. I have a 20 mile commute, but I take the freedom panels off most days and will be switching to the soft top for winter since I live in Southern Arizona. Will leave the three windows out and just use the sunrider to protect my bald head from direct sun. Will run with no doors a lot now that it has cooled down and is in the 80’s during the day.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My wife told some guy in her office that I had bought a Wrangler and the guy says "best day of my life is when I sold my Wrangler" - why would you say that to anyone about any car/truck that they had just bought??

.....thanks for letting me vent.
Must have been around noon time because he was clearly out to lunch.

Last edited:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Whenever people tell me they like my Jeep or they want one, I always tell them the same thing:

"It's awesome, go get one right now."
I drove my wife nuts telling her how much I liked her jeep and how badly I wanted one. She said something like you said " if you dont get your own jeep right now ,Im takin the mirror off the bedroom ceiling " I bought a blue one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have wanted a Jeep for a long time but it just didn't seem "practical." But then I sold my Harley and I realized that wasn't practical, and the next best thing to riding out in the open on a MC is a Jeep! Done deal.

Velogopher

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bikini Pearl; 2016 Mini Cooper JCW - Thunder Grey; 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman S - Green Park; 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Candy Burnt Orange
Oh it's a lot like yours except more quiet because I don't have people in the backseat chit chatting. Off road I'm less likely to scrape my belly. But on the road I have to make multiple trips to the grocery store because I can't fit it all in at once.
Wait. I have a JLU. Are you telling me there is a back seat?!? I thought it just had an extended dog platform!

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it's the 2.0 turbo, my understanding is that the turbo is water cooled, so it heats up the coolant extremely quickly. Thus, near-instant heat since that's where the heater gets it's heat.
Nope, 3.6. Its definitally odd how quick I get heat to the cab. Not complaining lol.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Had a lady working the drive through at Taco Bell ask me how I stay in with no doors on. I looked at her like she was stupid...... and asked her if she is constantly slamming into the doors on her car.

Got into a discussion with a Prius owner, where they claimed that I hate the environment and will be what causes global destruction. I told them that I love the environment and want to enjoy it so I got a Jeep so that I can get out and see more of it. I also pointed out that my (JK at the time) was considered one of the greenest vehicles built in the US because of amount of recycled materials that went into building it. I also pointed out how harmful for the environment lithium mines are, but I don't think they wanted to hear it anymore. And they really didn’t like it when I told them that my boys would look back on our trips in the Jeep to awesome places like Moab when they are older, but nobody is likely to remember their Prius.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I drove my wife nuts telling her that same stuff and she said something like you said " if you dont get your own jeep right now ,Im takin the mirror off the bedroom ceiling " I bought a blue one.
LMAO
Sponsored