Audio cutting in and out

SkipDog12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 4 dr
SkipDog , get a hold of Jeep Cares and they will open a case for you ! What a load of :ontheloo:
From what others are saying that is just 'smoke and mirrors', nothing gets accomplished. I might just visit my dealership and have them do what they called a hard update on the software and see what happens. I'd rather not have them tear the dash apart to replace the radio as they suggested if step 1 does not work. Replacing a bad radio with another bad radio doesn't seem to be the answer !!!
Sponsored

Beaswax1981

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yes I have the problem and have an appointment on Monday thanks to Jeep Cares. I have narrowed down the problem to something with the Backup Camera. If you unplug the camera the audio no longer cuts in and out. Its a NTSHA safety thing that is a huge issue. Maybe they will get it fixed.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Jeep was at dealer yesterday for radio issue. He said all TSB's were up to date and all I can do is wait for FCA to come up with a solution and issue a TSB for it. Hope they figure it out soon, but I aint holding my breath!

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
Jeep was at dealer yesterday for radio issue. He said all TSB's were up to date and all I can do is wait for FCA to come up with a solution and issue a TSB for it. Hope they figure it out soon, but I aint holding my breath!
People have had this problem since last Oct/Nov. I have had it since i bought mine in Jan with a Star case open... their official word is "they are working on a fix" ..... for almost a year....

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
People have had this problem since last Oct/Nov. I have had it since i bought mine in Jan with a Star case open... their official word is "they are working on a fix" ..... for almost a year....
They just have to come up with a fix for this. A $1500 radio that hasnt worked since mile 300 is inexcusable. I love the damn thing but ,shit !
Like I said once before , they may find a cure for cancer before they solve this issue.

Sponsored

Deleted member 18624

Well I'm sad to report that we got our first "cold" front here in Dallas overnight and the radio is back to cutting in and out.

I don't care what anyone says....it's strictly related to cold temps. If the Jeep is parked in the garage it seems to be fine, but the second its left out in the cold....the radio stops working and the backup camera does all kinds of funny things.

The problem went away as it warmed up in the spring.

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
Well I'm sad to report that we got our first "cold" front here in Dallas overnight and the radio is back to cutting in and out.

I don't care what anyone says....it's strictly related to cold temps. If the Jeep is parked in the garage it seems to be fine, but the second its left out in the cold....the radio stops working and the backup camera does all kinds of funny things.

The problem went away as it warmed up in the spring.
100% Right... hadnā€™t had a single issue during the summer. Temps start dropping and every morning there is an issue.

Keep hearing a software update is coming... that keeps getting delayed.

luckily with my mini-tazer I do a quick reboot of stereo and itā€™s fixed for the day. Easier then pulling the fuse.

wolves26

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Ocean Blue, 2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Blue Streak
Vehicle Showcase
This morning audio started cutting in and out continuously (every 1-2 seconds) this morning. No problems since buying the vehicle in MAY.
30's overnight in chicago area. It did it my entire drive to work (AM, FM, and SAT). Got to work turned the vehicle off and the audio was fine.
Set ignition switch to ACC. No problem. Set ignition switch to RUN, No problem. Started the motor. Audio is cuts in and out every 1-2 seconds. Will go out at lunch and try again. Not too happy!

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
and yet, a year after the problem was originally found, the word from FCA is " it is a warranty issue, and they are working on it". It is amazing that FCA can say they are working on it, and legally there is nothing that can be done.. no matter timeline.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone,
We are sorry to hear that this some of you are continuing to experience this. Recently, there was a TSB released (08-001-19 REV. A) that may address what you are experiencing. Have any of you had the chance to have this service bulletin applied?
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
Hi everyone,
We are sorry to hear that this some of you are continuing to experience this. Recently, there was a TSB released (08-001-19 REV. A) that may address what you are experiencing. Have any of you had the chance to have this service bulletin applied?
Alex
Jeep Cares
Alex,

You are joking right... most of us have had the software updated, new radios, hand build custom radio versions by Jeep, Amps replaced... I have had a star case open for MONTHS, and as of two weeks ago.. there is still no resolution to this!!!! (according to Jeep)

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Alex,

You are joking right... most of us have had the software updated, new radios, hand build custom radio versions by Jeep, Amps replaced... I have had a star case open for MONTHS, and as of two weeks ago.. there is still no resolution to this!!!! (according to Jeep)
Hi Chris,
I do understand your frustration. The TSB I am referring to was just released on October 8, 2019. We are trying to gather information to pass along to our internal teams. If you have had the new, revised version of this TSB completed, it would be helpful if you could send us a PM with your VIN so that we can track this!
Alex
Jeep Cares

cmarchel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubi
Hi Chris,
I do understand your frustration. The TSB I am referring to was just released on October 8, 2019. We are trying to gather information to pass along to our internal teams. If you have had the new, revised version of this TSB completed, it would be helpful if you could send us a PM with your VIN so that we can track this!
Alex
Jeep Cares
I have an appointment on Friday for other recall work.. I have called and had them add it to the work being done.. I will report out after my appointment.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have an appointment on Friday for other recall work.. I have called and had them add it to the work being done.. I will report out after my appointment.
Thank you, Chris! We look forward to hearing from you.
Alex
Jeep Cares

DarJeep

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hi everyone,
Alex
Jeep Cares
Please donā€™t downplay the issue by stating ā€œsorry to hear some of you are continuing to experience thisā€ the only reason there has not been many posts over the summer is due to the fact that temperature seems to be activating the issue. I had no problems over the summer until today when the temps went down and my radio started cutting in and out and my backup camera would not turn on when in reverse, hopefully your new update will work!!!!
Sponsored