tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
"Every time I get in my Jeep I smile. That makes it worth it."

Precisely! It makes us happy and THAT is what counts. My wife laughs at me every morning when I open my garage door and remote-start my JLUR. The whole dang morning I'm grinning. Love it. Love the waves I give and get. Love the capability of the vehicle. Love everything about it. Happy.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It's probably unavoidable, considering how long Jeeps have been around. There's some version out there that represents the faults people have heard.

This is my first Wrangler, and I was expecting a cold, loud, rough ride with a sluggish engine, bad gas milage, a high center of gravity, a frustrating soft top and a clutch pedal that needed two hundred pounds of force.

I got a m/t that shifts like a Honda, an engine and road noise that was unexpectedly quiet, with plenty of grunt (in the right gear), and I'm averaging 24mpg. It has the hottest and quickest to warm up heater I've ever used, a smooth ride with cornering as good as any SUV I've had, and a soft top that's simple to operate. Basically, none of the issues that I was prepared for.

That's not to say this generation is without fault... But none of the more common misconceptions, from what I can tell. I could see the rampant steering problems from this generation making its way into the snowball of Jeep lore. Nothing's perfect I suppose.
This.
I think many of the things people say about the Jeep attribute to the earlier models and they just couldn’t tell the difference.

For example, my gf couldn’t even tell the difference between a TJ, JK and JL. (Kudos to Jeep designers?) Even I once had her stand in front of a JK and JL and ask her to tell me the difference, she couldn’t. And this was after we had the Jeep for almost a year she rode in it countless times, I think (some) women’s brains are just wired differently.

Many of my ignorant coworkers exhibit the same behaviour.

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
This.
I think many of the things people say about the Jeep attribute to the earlier models and they just couldn’t tell the difference.

For example, my gf couldn’t even tell the difference between a TJ, JK and JL. (Kudos to Jeep designers?) Even I once had her stand in front of a JK and JL and ask her to tell me the difference, she couldn’t. And this is after we had the Jeep for almost a year she rode in it countless times, I just think (some) women’s brains are just wired differently.

Many of my ignorant coworkers exhibit the same behaviour.
Hmm, so am I weird for talking to my Grey Fox? I almost always say "how are you doing today?" And pat the fender flares:like:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I've got to say that I've never experienced this. I've had lots of random conversations with folk I'd never met before, but it always on a positive note. Complimenting the color (Punk'n) or sharing Jeep stories from long ago. Maybe I live a sheltered life (if that's even possible driving a Punk'n Wrangler every day), but I just haven't seen it. If/when it DOES happen, I'll take that as my personal invitation to share what it's really like... probbly starting like "ya know... I used to feel that way too... until..." I mean c'mon... the Wrangler has come a long way... it wasn't crowned Motor Trends SUV of the Year for nothing.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, so am I weird for talking to my Grey Fox? I almost always say "how are you doing today?" And pat the fender flares:like:
I don't find anything odd or weird about that... :movember:

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oh man, but they are overpriced! Especially used. It didn't stop me, but it did slow me down. $30k for a rig with steel wheels and manual locks/windows with no a/c... But it's the only thing like it out there, it costs what it costs.
It is what's under the hood and body that costs $$$$. All the mechanical stuff, that absolutely no other vehicle has. Any vehicle of similar quality costs around the same honestly. People just don't know about the axles the jeep has, the transfer case, the suspension, the composite material of the hardtop, the softop design, etc.... It is a sports convertible, not a corolla.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
My friend when I first picked up my Mojito.

“You bought another Wrangler? Who buys the same vehicle twice in a row?” :LOL:

Another friend of mine who’s a little slow seen it recently. He said it’s nice and that he “loves Hummers” completely seriously, lol :facepalm:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I’m a bit annoyed this morning with some of the stupid things that come out of the mouths of non-Wrangler owners.

It usually starts with, “oh I love your Jeep and have always wanted one.” Then it goes downhill with the stupidity...

So a co-worker of mine said, “I heard they are prone to tipping over during normal driving conditions.” I had to ask her what damn decade she is living in considering that hasn’t been an issue since the days of the YJ...just ignorant, but she wants one.

Then she doubled down and said they aren’t fast, to which I responded, “it’s not a fucking Hellcat.” I’m sure she won’t be concerned about speed when she gets stuck somewhere in that rear-wheel drive BMW 328i she currently drives and needs the assistance of one of us in our “slow” Wranglers.
Hate those models

People think Jeeps are AWD and are shocked to learn 4wd isn't the same thing, plus it's rwd until you engage 4hi/low, which opens another can of worms...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
The only negative thing i ever hear is from men who drive non-jeeps asking me (begging really) to not sleep with their wives. Because I'm so damn sexy in my Jeep.
I'm stealing that for my story