Sponsored

3.0D Jeep Diesel now available for ordering! Priced at $6k.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
:sun::sun: Just ordered a Black Sahara 3.0 Diesel with the Sky One Touch :sun::sun: So excited!!!
Did your Sahara come with Dana 44 axles, the head Jeep guy said all Diesels will have Dana 44’s
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The problem is your thinking logical and applying common sense. Neither of those need apply in the new world we live in. Remember rich people and leasers have to have the newest widget they don’t care they want the newest most expensive thing whether it’s good or not, whether it works or not. If they don’t like it they just get the next great expensive widget. Also remember most are not buying their diesel wrangler as their only vehicle to drive. They have plenty of cars around to drive while they’re Jeep is in the shop. Saying you have a diesel is cool the hundred thousand dollar diesel crew cab pick up trucks running around never towing and never hauling anything should give you an indication of that. They sell them because they’re the most expensive model.
I’m neither leasing nor particularly “rich”. I also didn’t spec my 3.0 JLUR as a means of getting the most expensive new widget. I live in a wheeling and overlanding paradise and plan to push this rig to its limits regularly...if and when it fails, I’ll be on here telling you all about it so you can make informed decisions (you’re welcome). If it winds up in a shop, I’ll be hitching rides with my wife and friends because we don’t have spare vehicles hanging around.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I’m neither leasing nor particularly “rich”. I also didn’t spec my 3.0 JLUR as a means of getting the most expensive new widget. I live in a wheeling and overlanding paradise and plan to push this rig to its limits regularly...if and when it fails, I’ll be on here telling you all about it so you can make informed decisions (you’re welcome). If it winds up in a shop, I’ll be hitching rides with my wife and friends because we don’t have spare vehicles hanging around.
If what I said doesn’t apply to you why did you get your feathers ruffled? If you have a wife with a car you do have a spare vehicle around. Let me explain what having no second vehicle around means. you’re single you have no other means of transportation just your diesel wrangle or there are families in America they only have one vehicle per household. For a man a wife and maybe even a son who is learning to drive all share the same vehicle. There not gambling it all on a first year unproven 60k Diesel Wrangler. That’s for rich people.
There’s an ass for every seat.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If what I said doesn’t apply to you why did you get your feathers ruffled? If you have a wife with a car you do have a spare vehicle around. Let me explain what having no second vehicle around means. you’re single you have no other means of transportation just your diesel wrangle or there are families in America they only have one vehicle per household. For a man a wife and maybe even a son who is learning to drive all share the same vehicle. There not gambling it all on a first year unproven 60k Diesel Wrangler. That’s for rich people.
There’s an ass for every seat.
Feathers aren’t ruffled, just providing a different perspective. I won’t be paying MSRP but I get your point. We all have different circumstances, risk tolerance, and ideas of what qualifies as “rich”. Hopefully the experiences of those of us taking said risks will help folks with a smaller margin for error better decide where to put their resources.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Not to worry, I’ll be taking out an extended warranty to hedge against any new-drivetrain gremlins. When you wait 11 years for a diesel wrangler which runs up a tab in the $80k range by the time you’re done modifying it, an extended warranty is a small price to pay to end such a ridiculous wait.
That's probably a good plan on just about any new vehicle these days!

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
No manual transmission: no deal. Maddening.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I ordered my diesel Rubicon in Claremont California. Production/assembly starts on November 26.

swordsmn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JlUR, 2007 Porsche Base Carerra
Occupation
Software Co. Artful Excuse Maker
Vehicle Showcase
So, $4,000 for a roof and $6000 for an engine? Um...excited?
Hey, My wifey grinned ear to ear when she opened the Sky one touch during a test ride..
Same deal with her son in law telling us about the Rock Slide mega buck steps. ( She’s 5’3” and not a spring chicken, nor am I)
Those options made her happy and I got my Rubicon and kept mama happy. Win-win
Do I regret not waiting for the 3.0? Not really, but I understand excitement.

Sponsored

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Jeep rep stated 3.73 across the board at the Texas State Fair. Even with a 3.73, 442ft-lbs (easily chip tuned toward 500 per Ram 1500 spec) represents a significant increase in wheel torque over a 3.6 or 2.0 running 4.10. Might be useful running a 4.10 3.0 if you’re rolling 40s, but otherwise the 3.73 should yield more than adequate wheel torque for crawling.
you guys are funny...more torque, more torque... a little v6, with 4to1, 4:11 can spin 37's or 40 on solid granite at an idle or just off idle all day long... With a little math, the Rubicon with any engine is > 30K lbs of torque to the tire(s)...

The 3.0 will not add any value on the rocks other than more weight.. now getting to the trail head at altitude with better MPG and range, im all in..

I look forward to a test drive.. but I bet our $ are better spent on.. a version of https://www.edelbrock.com/e-force-supercharger-for-2015-17-jeep-wrangler-jk-3-6l-1528.html for real world trails and instant response with out the weight.. I have owned many turboed engines... spool up is always an issue on the trails (hard trails, not dirt roads).

Just my thoughts..

Looking forward to being proven wrong.

TC

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Not to worry, I’ll be taking out an extended warranty to hedge against any new-drivetrain gremlins. When you wait 11 years for a diesel wrangler which runs up a tab in the $80k range by the time you’re done modifying it, an extended warranty is a small price to pay to end such a ridiculous wait.
I bet they don't offer one... I tried to get one on my 3500ncummins and nope was the answer.. I got a life time on my 3.6..

Time will tell..

I hope they do..

But im keeping my expectations in check..

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my diesel Rubicon in Claremont California. Production/assembly starts on November 26.
Are you getting that date from the unsubstantiated autoblog article or something more reliable?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet they don't offer one... I tried to get one on my 3500ncummins and nope was the answer.. I got a life time on my 3.6..

Time will tell..

I hope they do..

But im keeping my expectations in check..
If FCA doesn’t, half a dozen other companies will. The only issue will be re drivetrain mods. If the EPA manages to gut that market into nonexistence it won’t matter but otherwise my guess is these companies will void any form of extended warranty over such mods.

simrokkzz

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat + Focus ST
If its the diesel which is sold in Europe in the Grand Cherokee - 3.0 Diesel with 250 HP, its not that bad, there are already cars in the market with 150.000 kms and more, sold since 2 or 3 years I guess.

I unfortuanely do not have the permission to "quote" - why ever - otherwise I would answer some of the posts "directly".
Sponsored