Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Latest position is here:

for those questioning the whole Mexico deal. The GPS showed that it was in Mexico earlier this week. Now it is currently here

632BA83E-99CB-4F97-8388-9BC99B91A5F8.png
Get a drone and go check!!! maybe they did whatever they needed to do with it and left it there.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Latest position is here:

for those questioning the whole Mexico deal. The GPS showed that it was in Mexico earlier this week. Now it is currently here
I just find it strange, that you mention you are so attached and calling it your wife. But you allow strangers to take her? My old 2003 Xterra with 200K+ I was so attached too I would not let a stranger take her. My new JLU forget it, you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
they put a lot of effort into investigations when there is a murder. for some random stolen vehicle (#57 this week), i doubt they'd go through all that. i believe they'd need a warrant to obtain that data. and even then its circumstantial evidence. i may be wrong but i dont think the phones gps pinpoints a detailed location with longitude and latitude, meaning, it could show the vehicle was next to an address but not necessarily on that person's property.

same thing with what someone mentioned earlier about CBP at the border. my wife is CBP. worked in outbound for years. the only reason they'd stop a vehicle at the border (exiting) is if there is a BOLO (amber alert, murder, kidnapping, etc..) on it or its highly suspicious. and theyre not putting a BOLO on a standard stolen vehicle. as many stolen vehicles there are at any given time and how many vehicles cross the border on a daily basis. same reason they only do random searches on incoming vehicles (or suspicious or have intel). the detective is also not going to call CBP at the border and say "hey, a jeep was stolen and might be heading to the border, but i really dont know. keep a look out k?". not that you just call CBP at the border anyways lol.

all for 1 of 10 vehicles that was stolen in the area before lunch today? nah...
This - my neighbor's mercedes was stolen by some kids coming through the neighborhood and pulling handles looking for unlocked cars. He left the spare FOB in his briefcase in the trunk, and when they pulled his handle, it unlocked, so they knew what was up and got in, started it, and drove away (my wife's Mazda, however, disables FOBs left in the car). Well, the car was found immediately by its tracking system a mile or 2 away in a condo parking lot. They left it there for awhile to see if anyone would track it, and we're probably planning on coming back.

My neighbor told me the cops had no interest in staking out the car to see who came to claim it later - their attitude was "you got your car back, case closed". ;)

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm still laughing at the fact this guy knows where his + or - 40k stolen vehicle is and he's just all cool about it. No wonder thieves are getting more ballsy these days.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I’m out here at the general location, best I could guess. Nothing but tire tracks. Sorry OP. They were doing donuts and stuff through the scattered brush. It’s pretty wide open here & flat - a drone would be perfect.. I’ll look around a little more but guess that’s all she wrote.

3C7B3D6C-0812-4B8C-9E52-4EB216D379A5.gif

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
650,000+ stolen vehicles a year, and you think they are going to take the time to track one down?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I’m out here at the general location, best I could guess. Nothing but tire tracks. Sorry OP. They were doing donuts and stuff through the scattered brush. It’s pretty wide open here & flat - a drone would be perfect.. I’ll look around a little more but guess that’s all she wrote.

Wow are you really around there? His last location was almost 3hrs ago. Private message owner to do an updated check now.

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250

I am going to say this is pretty cool... Here is our forum and there is already a guy from that forum out there looking for the Jeep in 24hours or less.. What a great community!

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I would say if OP says it was in Mexico and the last location is correct they are heading further away, so It should be recoverable. Hopefully they head more toward Phoenix. Have you contacted Sirius Guardian?

bhunter71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Any update on this? I'm in Phoenix and could take a road trip out there but I'm not going alone and will be heavily armed just in case!!

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
If that car has been to Mexico and back there's also a chance some one has used it to run drugs and I would not want it back anymore.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Nothing out here man. Makes me wonder if it never came back from Mexico, like dismantling the systems made it start spoofing locations? Or maybe they are master hackers. Or maybe it got driven out just before I arrived. Or its here and I’m blind. OP, honk the horn again ;)

F99B9069-5C37-46E0-8BF6-941A6616E893.jpeg
Sponsored