Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Couldn't agree more. Should we make the purchase it will be our 7th Jeep, three of them having been set up to flat tow.

'46 CJ 2A (see my avitar)
'60 CJ5
'67 CJ5
'76 CJ7
'07 JKUR
'12 JK Sahara Altitude
This is a great testimonial to that!
7th Flat Tow Wrangler! Wow!
:) :)
Sponsored

DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is FCA owns Jeep and MOPAR. But it is far from operated as a seamless single entity.

You can buy a MOPAR warranty and it is likely the Jeep dealership has no clue it exists or what it covers. You will end up fighting to get anything done under it.

I have no idea why FCA continues to make such a mess and not able to integrate this all into a single corporate footprint. The fact I have to have 5 different web accounts for one vehicle is case in point.

I really wish Jeep somehow becomes independent again or bought out by some other company that actually had their head out of their a$$.
I had same issue with lease "wear and tear" insurance from Mopar, sold by Fiat dealer. When it came time to NOT pay for a new set of tires when the vehicle was turned in, Chrysler Capital acted like they had never heard of Mopar before and referred to it, and I quote' "A third party company like Farmers. We have no idea what kind of third party things the dealership sells." They wanted me to go through a claims process. "Submit pictures" of the car I no longer had. LOL. It was an absolute joke.

Vegvisir66

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I would personally like if the vehicle was manufactured with proper quality control and there was no need to buy an extended warranty to drive it over 100,000 miles. You know? like Toyotas?
Tell that to all the people that had their frames turn to dust on Tacomas.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I had same issue with lease "wear and tear" insurance from Mopar, sold by Fiat dealer. When it came time to NOT pay for a new set of tires when the vehicle was turned in, Chrysler Capital acted like they had never heard of Mopar before and referred to it, and I quote' "A third party company like Farmers. We have no idea what kind of third party things the dealership sells." They wanted me to go through a claims process. "Submit pictures" of the car I no longer had. LOL. It was an absolute joke.
I do see how this would be frustrating. But this is definitely a Dealership Issue. They sold you a product separate from the company that financed the lease. They should have clearly spelled out the proper turn in procedure for your vehicle. I see this lack of process in way to many retail applications. I apologize for your frustration but this was definitely a process and procedure fault and not the product.

Thank you for your feedback.
Sam

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
There’s a few things to digest. First. FCA will always sell these things at a profit. When you take all the sales and payout they will be in the black every time.

Second is that FCA isn’t exactly the reliability poster child. So paying an extra 2-3k to know you can keep this thing till you die will satisfy some.

Third would be that the exclusions are bountiful and if you’re gonna keep your Jeep for life, not off road it, not mod it, then you are very doubtful going to keep it long enough for the warranty to be useful.

And lastly, you’ll be using the dealership for service. And FCA dealers are not known for their workmanship. Even people who love their Jeeps rarely say anything good about the service department. As someone looking into buying an FCA product it is daunting just how poorly anyone at the dealer knows these products. I just test drove a ram limited. As we got in no running board. I was like umm. Aren’t there supposed to be power running boards. He replies no sir that’s an option not on this one. I was like ummm they’re standard on the limited. Afraid you’re mistaken he replies. I go into the menu and turn off the running board lock. They deploy. I say: fixed that for ya. At the Jeep dealer talking about the diesel. No Jeep doesn’t offer a diesel. Talking about the plug in. Jeep doesn’t offer one.

So.... on a Ram. Yes. I’d buy the warranty. On a wrangler....maybe not unless they make it an exclusion policy and remove any mention of mods and off roading.

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I do see how this would be frustrating. But this is definitely a Dealership Issue. They sold you a product separate from the company that financed the lease. They should have clearly spelled out the proper turn in procedure for your vehicle. I see this lack of process in way to many retail applications. I apologize for your frustration but this was definitely a process and procedure fault and not the product.

Thank you for your feedback.
Sam
This is why FCAs reviews are in the toilet. Finger pointing. The finger pointing occurs between Jeep, Mopar, and the dealer.
Take a lesson from Apple here. DON'T MAKE YOUR DISFUNCTION THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM.
Jeep owns the brand.
Jeep needs to own these problems and drive them to resolution.
Folks love your product.
They hate dealing with you!

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Let me add my 2 cents.
I would consider it based on the cost.

I currently drive a 1990 Toyota 4x4 Extra Cab, that I bought brand new, only has 220,000 miles on it. Nothing special 5-speed 22re I4, only power it has is steering & brakes. I have had to replace the blower motor twice, just replaced the alternator & threw a pilot shaft bearing & had to rebuild the trans. Blower motor now only works on 3 & high. Been nursing the old R12 AC for the last 7 years & it went completely out last year & I ran out of R12. But, driving it puts a smile on my face, just like I know the Jeep will. Getting hard to find parts for the truck now that it is nearly 30 years old. Thus, why I want a Jeep, lots of parts to find, even could find parts for the old 48 Willys my dad had. Easier than getting parts for my Toyota. Plus, I go many places that I wish my Toyota had locking diffs, especially the front. So, I plan on getting a Rubicon, as a Rubicon on 35s might just fit my needs, but a lift & 37s are not out of the question. But, lastly, this Jeep will be my last new vehicle purchase for me I hope. Plan on keeping it until I'm too old to drive & 30 years would put me at 81yoa.

So, yes I would consider based on cost. Since I know how to fix things & use aftermarket parts, so this would have to not void the warranty. But, the cost would have to be worth it. As I can save money & have it ready if needed to buy parts & then put them on myself. But, would be nice to have that peace of mind, especially since the wife & I plan on using the Jeep for some fun offroad trips all over the country.

Last edited:

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
Yes. I got it for my wife's Fiat, and I would have gotten it for my Ram 3500, but I got the Cummins, so the best available was 8yr/125K. It has more than paid for itself on both vehicles, and depending on who you buy the plan from, may not be as big a hit financially as you think.

I would absolutely get it for the new JLU Willys I just ordered- just like with my Ram, the UConnect is part of EVERYTHING now, and I want insurance against that going crazy. The dealership I deal with locally has really upped its game, and I no longer have concerns about them doing the work.

Admittedly, I don't plan to mod it extensively, and don't plan to take it through the various torture test trails, so the limitations aren't as limiting for me. Also, the FCA/CDJR folks will make exceptions for components that aren't covered- I had the LED turn signal assembly go out in my Ram, and they fixed it despite the "bulbs not being covered" disclaimer. Logic was applied that the LEDs shouldn't have burned out in the 6+ years I've had the 2013 3500.

Again, the answer is YES, if for no other reason than all of the electrical/electronic components being linked together.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
ENGINE EMISSIONS: Air Pump; Air Supply Hose; Leak Detection Pump; Evaporative System Detector/Monitor; Vapor Canister; Air Injection Valve; EGR Valve; EGR Cooler; Aspirator Tube; Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor; EGR Tube; Purge Solenoid; Knock Sensor; Oxygen Sensor; Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System.
NOTE: CATALYTIC CONVERTOR AND PARTICULATE FILTER ARE NOT COVERED.
Of course they exempt the DPF. Easily the most expensive component of the emissions system with the most dismal track record for reliability of any component on a modern Diesel engine. The EPA also magically exempts them from designation as “major emissions control components” so they aren’t covered under the federal 8yr/80,000mi “performance” warranty. That leaves you with a consumable “filter” which no one wants to pay for because they’re anywhere from $3000 to $8000 to replace. Meanwhile the EPA openly admits the damn things cause increases in both NOx and CO2 emissions, but want to go after anyone who fails to replace the uninsurable things.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Let me add my 2 cents.
I would consider it based on the cost.

I currently drive a 1990 Toyota 4x4 Extra Cab, that I bought brand new, only has 220,000 miles on it. Nothing special 5-speed 22re I4, only power it has is steering & brakes. I have had to replace the blower motor twice, just replaced the alternator & threw a pilot shaft bearing & had to rebuild the trans. Blower motor now only works on 3 & high. Been nursing the old R12 AC for the last 7 years & it went completely out last year & I ran out of R12. But, driving it puts a smile on my face, just like I know the Jeep will. Getting hard to find parts for the truck now that it is nearly 30 years old. Thus, why I want a Jeep, lots of parts to find, even could find parts for the old 48 Willys my dad had. Easier than getting parts for my Toyota. Plus, I go many places that I wish my Toyota had locking diffs, especially the front. So, I plan on getting a Rubicon, as a Rubicon on 35s might just fit my needs, but a lift & 37s are not out of the question. But, lastly, this Jeep will be my last new vehicle purchase for me I hope. Plan on keeping it until I'm too old to drive & 30 years would put me at 81yoa.

So, yes I would consider based on cost. Since I know how to fix things & use aftermarket parts, so this would have to not void the warranty. But, the cost would have to be worth it. As I can save money & have it ready if needed to buy parts & then put them on myself. But, would be nice to have that peace of mind, especially since the wife & I plan on using the Jeep for some fun offroad trips all over the country.
Good Feedback :) :)

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
This is why FCAs reviews are in the toilet. Finger pointing. The finger pointing occurs between Jeep, Mopar, and the dealer.
Take a lesson from Apple here. DON'T MAKE YOUR DISFUNCTION THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM.
Jeep owns the brand.
Jeep needs to own these problems and drive them to resolution.
Folks love your product.
They hate dealing with you!
This is Good Feedback.. So Saying in the most respectful non argumentative manner because i do value your opinion.
If you buy a iPod at best buy or wall mart and have issues with it and take it to the store and the stores process is not up to par is this Apples fault or the store? I know these are $30,000 and up products so I do agree that there needs to be a seamless connection and better Rock solid processes for service both Customer Pay and Warrantied.
Not making an excuse. (Which is usually followed by an excuse I know :) )

We as a whole country are in a situation where we are short handed in about every service industry HVAC, Mechanics, Contractors you name it.
In this situation it is trained mechanics, there is a literal bidding war on good mechanics right now with every brand and in every state.
Which effects the whole process. It puts time crunches on diagnosing problems that should not have the time crunch on, it has commission based service writers and managers picking and choosing Jobs to spend the limited mechanic time they have on. This also leads to more finger pointing as you say.

Good news is all domestic manufactures are addressing this issue and are building many mechanic training facilities across the country.
These positions are in high demand and pay well trained mechanics a great income. I would say a highly trained mechanic makes well over what 85% of all college grads make. (Estimate of course)

Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction..

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I enjoy my 2018 JL Sport, and would like to keep it past the 3/36 Bumper to Bumper factory Warranty, so a fairly priced extended warranty for all the components, especially the high voltage batteries / sensors would be great for peace of mind. No one wants to pay high repair costs after the vehicle is paid off, Wranglers are fun, keep the extended ownership experience on the plus side !
Fingers crossed !
Sponsored