Sponsored

3.0D Jeep Diesel now available for ordering! Priced at $6k.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I would have thought that the 3.0 would have at least made it to the online configurator before the order banks, but what do I know?
Don’t know why but the online build tool always lags way behind actual ordering availability.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I hit up my local dealers to get the ball rolling for mine we will see what they say. I would have thought that the 3.0 would have at least made it to the online configurator before the order banks, but what do I know? I just hope I can finally get my order in :rock:
Nothing makes it to the online configurator before the order banks.

Sponsored

JeepRAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just got an email from a dealer saying the 3.0D is now available in the system to order. It's a 6k upgrade, which includes the new auto trans.

Updated with an order sheet courtesy of @JLURD

2020 Jeep Wrangler Diesel Pricing.jpg
Did they discount off MSRP at all?

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
The current manual transmission can't handle the torque and it's not worth the money for Jeep to get it crash tested based on the small amount of sales it would garner. Anyways, I'm super happy this day has finally come and will be heading to/calling dealers this weekend to start getting quotes.

Sponsored

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Not bad, so really only a $3,250 upcharge from the current top engine offering of 3.6/auto
Not for us with 2-door manuals. For us, it would be a $6k upgrade...

Oh, but it's not an option for the 2-doors.

Only available for 4drs, buzzkiller there!
I am glad I got my 2-door when I did. It looks like they are really trying to kill them off.

Been known for like 2 years now. Like literally 2 years.
So? Does that make it ok for FCA offer fewer options?

The current manual transmission can't handle the torque and it's not worth the money for Jeep to get it crash tested based on the small amount of sales it would garner. Anyways, I'm super happy this day has finally come and will be heading to/calling dealers this weekend to start getting quotes.
Nonsense. FCA COULD have included a beefier manual transmission setup if they wanted to (for 2 and 4-doors) Plenty of people that upgrade their engine (in many cars) to have more HP\torque also upgrade to a stronger clutch\pressure plate that's rated to handle more power. Stop making excuses for them. The simple answer is that they don't care about those that want manual transmissions and a diesel.

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
Do we know diesel tank size or EPA numbers? Has anyone test driven?
What am I missing how are people blindly ordering.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Nonsense. FCA COULD have included a beefier manual transmission setup if they wanted to (for 2 and 4-doors) Plenty of people that upgrade their engine (in many cars) to have more HP\torque also upgrade to a stronger clutch\pressure plate that's rated to handle more power. Stop making excuses for them. The simple answer is that they don't care about those that want manual transmissions and a diesel.
Yeah they could do anything they want, but if it doesn't make financial sense to do so why would they? This is a company and they like to make money, if there was money to be made they would do so. This is a company that sticks 700HP motors in everything they got, they're not afraid to make niche vehicles. A manual diesel in their eyes is too niche. That said, if the uptick in diesels are larger than expected there is nothing stopping them from adding it down the road.

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link