Sponsored

I wish my Jeep had...

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Its $76....I dont skimp on price when it comes to engine maintenance.

Better filter? Than the original mopar filter that the 3.6 was designed to work with?

Thanks for looking out though
There is absolutely a better filter and oil for significantly less than you are paying the dealer. Just an FYI.

Nero

First Name
John Galt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Spigot! It's a spigot, dagnabbit! A spigot! Not a spicket!

Ok... now I feel better.
I thought the same thing and then I looked it up and “spicket”, even though it sounds ignorant as hell, is also technically correct. It’s just an obsolete term not used much anymore.

spicket
  • n.
    An obsolete form of spigot.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same thing and then I looked it up and “spicket”, even though it sounds ignorant as hell, is also technically correct. It’s just an obsolete term not used much anymore.

spicket
  • n.

Spigot! It's a spigot, dagnabbit! A spigot! Not a spicket!

Ok... now I feel better.
hose bib....:)

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Please...enlighten me sir
You can get 5 qts of Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec or any other top brand of synthetic oil at Walmart for about $25 bucks.

But for filters, I usually use the OEM filters too and am not a big fan of Fram, Wix, etc. I will sometimes make an exception and use a Pure One by Purolator when I run out of OEMs at home

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
...a water spicket.

Wish Jeep would have built a water storage compartment incorporated somewhere. (The roll bars could have doubled as water storage maybe)

Could have been gravity fed or pressurized.

Could have easily heated the water too.

And a water spicket somewhere on the outside...I would put one in the same area as the fuel door but on the opposite side.

Jeep could have easily done this and it would be very useful.
A windshield that didn't crack if I sneeze.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You can get 5 qts of Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec or any other top brand of synthetic oil at Walmart for about $25 bucks.

But for filters, I usually use the OEM filters too and am not a big fan of Fram, Wix, etc. I will sometimes make an exception and use a Pure One by Purolator when I run out of OEMs at home
Napa gold/platinum are great as well. Plenty of good filters available that are just as good/better than the OEM.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
An anodized beer opener welded on to the rear steel bumper.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

spicket
  • n.
It looks and sounds as obsolete as a "white spigot fence" ;)

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I wish my Jeep had...

the ability to teach people to agree to disagree....
Yes, this. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong. I don't agree with every item here, but that doesn't mean my opinion is any more right than the person who posted it. We all need to remember this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weight?

You do realize your rig is packed with fluids right? Will not effect driving unless your installing a hot tub in the back lol....
Ha ha. Yes, I know there are fluids, and yes I understand you don't mean hundreds of gallons. The weight would be minimal, but if Jeep is to the point of forcing ESS to save fuel so they can meet cafe standards, every ounce counts.

....Campers and RVs do it all day long....
Yes they do, but the water is always stored low and the vehicle itself is significantly heavier, with completely different handling expectations. I'm not saying Jeeps couldn't incorporate water storage, but you can't just fill a void. Even though I wouldn't select the option I like the idea of it, and I like the logic behind not wasting space. From a design standpoint though it would be a challenge to make it an off the lot option. Not that it can't be done, just that it wouldn't be easy.

Removable rear windows on the hardtop, so it becomes modular. Removing the hardtop is a PITA because of how heavy and awkward it is. It is very impractical and too much of a risk considering how expensive it is.
Check out the hardtop hoist thread. Lots of great ideas to taking the top off easily. Here's a link → DIY Hardtop hoist ideas - brainstorming
I use an electric hoist, with Topsy brackets. I can take the top off in about 5 minutes without help, and without setting my coffee down.

Thanks a lot @Jabarsetti your post just cost me $200 lol

Seriously though very neat...ordering one now actually

:like:
Nice. It looks like that will work very well, and do exactly what you were looking for.
On a side note though, if that cost $200 can you imagine how much Jeep would have charged for a system incorporated into the roll bar? Eek.

........ Rubicon tires on the Sahara.
Done:
19-7-19-6-resize-jpg.jpg

...a smaller key fob
:CWL: LOL I'm surprised it took so long for someone to say that.

Speaking of colors

Plum Crazy
Ooooo, or a dark green. Now we're talking.

An anodized beer opener welded on to the rear steel bumper.
No need, you've already got one installed on the B-pillar. Just remember to ONLY do this with pop, or when you're done driving for the day.
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F6pXU9qF53BM%2Fhqdefault.jpg

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Y'all forgot the most obvious one. Auto up window switch. We have auto down, why not auto up. It's a small thing and not really an issue. I know there is a mod to do this, but it would have been nice from the factory.

Agreed. Not something most people would use, and then you have to figure the cost of plumbing/ducts too. If you use the roll bar as the "tank" you have to consider the affect water moving around the vehicle will affect stability. You'd have a constantly shifting center of mass, in addition to the effect of shifting momentum under abrupt maneuvers such as hard braking, and evasive steering. Then of course you have the added weight of water when designing the suspension and it's impact on fuel economy while trying to meet federal regulations. It seems like a small thing, but adding a water reservoir would have snowballed into a much larger engineering/design issues that would have cost a lot of money. It would have been a big expense for an item most people wouldn't use, especially since you couldn't use it for potable water. Mainly because there likely wouldn't be a way to clean the reservoir/tank and it's not pressurized/running water so it would get stagnant pretty fast.
Yes auto window up!
Sponsored