Sponsored

Jeep Wrangler achieves record Q3 sales

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It would be interesting to see the data with the sales to the rental car companies removed. Personally seeing JL's and Gladiators rolling at Enterprise lots doesn't make me feel good about the value of 2018 JL purchased in the Summer of 2018. Should have waited one year. Once again I should have listened to my wife.
This is exactly what they are doing to help keep sales propped up. Last report had Wrangler fleet sales at about 12% (JK was only 3%)
Sponsored

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
This is exactly what they are doing to help keep sales propped up. Last report had Wrangler fleet sales at about 12% (JK was only 3%)
I don't see what the issue is with this.

Fleet sales aren't inheritly negative, and in the case of fleet sales to rental agencies are quite positive for a vehicle that is as expensive as the Wrangler.

It means that people want to pay a premium to rent Jeeps. We aren't talking about Dodge Neon's rented for a buck a day or anything.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Not a coincidence that this news came out and suddenly paints being charged for to go with auto trans being raised $$$ again.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Average midsize SUV is around 38k. I can't find data, but I would think Wranglers are a little above that. But I am thinking on a more macro level, and I still am having a hard time figuring out how people are affording vehicles.

My wife and I try to spend no more than 5% of our take home income on transportation. This is inclusive of the vehicles themselves (payments and cash down amortized over the period we own it,) insurance, fuel, maintenance, and post tax monthly train tickets. We try not to.get super scientific with the cash down part since their are lots of factors that can be accounted for. I guess people are just taking out bigger and longer lasting loans or leases. But even then, they must be spending a sizable portion of their take home income on transportation.

I do get that for some Wrangler owners that the Jeep is used for more than transportation (i.e. it's a form of entertainment / hobby / travel). But the vast majority of Wrangler owners are not wheeling or overlanding.
Affordability
For my hubby and I- we’ve had our 2 vehicles for 17, 18 years respectively-GMC Envoy, VW Beetle -still going strong
We have almost no credit card debt, maybe a couple of hundred which we pay quickly, we’ve almost completed our 30 year mortgage by end of year 10! By December 2019 it’s done! Our daughters college education was paid for by academic AND sports scholarships-she’s smart AND an athlete. She’s a social worker now.
I purchased my 2020 Jeep in August and plan on keeping her FOREVER....So as my daddy used to say-“to save money pay off debt-early if possible”. “And only buy what you can afford”
Sponsored