Ok, I’ll admit that I am a hypocrite...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Shit, well...shit. I'm very angry that I got here so late, when I could have fixed you all soooo much sooner.

First, and by far most important: ribs are pork, not beef. Period. This is not open to debate, and the sauce/prep/state is immaterial.

Second: the 2-door Wrangler has always been superior, until the JL. Let me reiterate:period.

Third: mesquite, as well as anything that is smoked properly, kicks ass.

Fourth, and perhaps least important: the Rubicon is, in fact, the shit. There is really no debate. 1% don't like the hood. 1% don't like the fenders. 1% have much bigger penises than most and don't need the Rubicon. 1% are a 'scared. Outside of that, the Rubicon is, in fact, the shit.

To sum up: if you can tailgate in St. Louis (where real BBQ is done) with a Rubicon Unlimited while smoking/bbq-ing some pork (fill in he blank) with a mesquite (or, god forbid, even a chipotle) rub/sauce, then you are truly basking in the light of the righteous. Haters need not apply.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I see plenty of people who “didn’t want a Rubicon” buying Rubicon take off parts to improve their Jeeps. Daily.

But in the history of the internet, has there ever been a thread of Sport or Sahara owners selling their take off parts to Rubicon owners? I’m kind of confused...

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Mesquite? Vomit. Good points otherwise, but OK is not actually in the SE so I stand by my original post.
Please don’t consider this a defense of anything Okie:
With all due respect, your original post mentions “southern state” and was not exclusive to the southeast. Historically, the territory that became Oklahoma is lumped in with the southern states.
upload_2019-10-5_21-50-42.jpeg

You’re just plain wrong when it comes to delicious mesquite smoked BBQ - which traces its roots back to barbacoa originating from Mexico

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Please don’t consider this a defense of anything Okie:
With all due respect, your original post mentions “southern state” and was not exclusive to the southeast. Historically, the territory that became Oklahoma is lumped in with the southern states.
upload_2019-10-5_21-50-42.jpeg

You’re just plain wrong when it comes to delicious mesquite smoked BBQ - which traces its roots back to barbacoa originating from Mexico
I’m not going to argue, if you want to be southern you can. But technically....

Reactions: Sol

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
For years, I have stated that you can be completely happy with a sport or Sahara model. In fact, I had 3 combined. But deep down inside. . . Buried between my secret dislike for Texas BBQ... was me wanting a Rubicon. Not because it needed to cross a grand mountain, or ford a spectacular stream... because they just seemed cooler. Then, when the JL came out, they had that extra division of style from the hood and fenders that just made them look sweet. Ladies and fellas, I broke down and traded my 18 Sahara for a 20 Rubi. Gets here next week.

I accept your stones and arrows, but will happily take possession in a few days. I suck.
You got wise son, that's all

Congrats on the Rubi

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Yeah, I also dislike TX BBQ. BBQ is supposed to be made out of pigs. I don’t know what the hell TX thinks they’re trying to pull with beef ribs. It’s BS.
Not sure where in the hell you are eating beef ribs at in Texas. I have lived here for over 60 years and come from a family that had been involved with a BBQ restaurant for over 35 years that has entered MANY cook off competitions and has a bunch of “Best Ribs in the World” trophies... all from PORK ribs. I have NEVER been to, heard of or seen a BBQ competition that allowed beef ribs. You’re joking, right???

I agree 100%... the best ribs are from pigs! The ONLY place I have ever seen beef ribs was raw in a package at the grocery store.
Man... you gotta start finding some REAL BBQ restaurants and cook-off competitions!!!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
You have lost your mind! About the BBQ, you’re right about the Jeeps.

Every single southern state has better BBQ than Texas, with Alabama the reigning King of BBQ. And Alabama ain’t first in much, except maybe teenage pregnancy, illiteracy and alcoholism.

Edit: and high school drop out rates, domestic violence, STDs. Obesity, uninsured motorists, per capita deaths by tornado.

Edit 2: tooth decay, above ground pools, per capita dogs per yard

Edit 3: leaving your Christmas lights up all year, global leader in dollar stores and the fewest number of cell phone towers
If a married couple in Alabama gets a divorce, are they still considered brother and sister?

OP
OP
Shooting or Jeeping

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Get out! Texas Rangers will be along shortly to deport you.

Stay out! You and Sahara boy can go wallow in your vinegar sauce slathered pig ribs.

Good question. He might be eligible for some degree of redemption. Pending your answer.
4 doors, I am partial to KC bbq, and I got it in the granite crystal color. Had 2 in black, back to back.

OP
OP
Shooting or Jeeping

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Now, with all the information posted above- a clarification. Mind you, this will clearly not make more friends:

1) I have 2 kids. The 4 doors are really for them. Debate settled at that point. However, 2 was on the table.

2) TX bbq is good... but not the best. A well done KC style wins out. Close? Yes. But let me be clear- no bbq is bad. . . I just haven’t found a place in Texas that has won me over.

3) this site is clearly my therapy for the day.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
4 doors, I am partial to KC bbq, and I got it in the granite crystal color. Had 2 in black, back to back.
B6A4F29F-0AAE-4668-AB24-2AF21B5E2C06.gif

KC BBQ? I’ll bet you get your salsa from New York City.

J/K
Let’s see some pics of that bad boy when you get it. If you need some help wrenching on it, let me know.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0

J/K
Let’s see some pics of that bad boy when you get it. If you need some help wrenching on it, let me know.
So your trying to read some text book, back in the day, and your mind is wandering to all kinds of stuff totally unrelated to the subject matter ! How you get from Jeeps to ribs is anyones guess but it is perfectly understandable.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Facts.

If you have road signs in your state that say “Bridge May Ice In Cold Weather” (or similar), you’re not truly a Southern state.

Backyard BBQ beats restaurant.

The quality of BBQ is inversely proportional to per capita tooth count, by county.

Nobody with a college degree can prepare truly good BBQ; they overthink it and under-eat it.

You cannot truly master BBQ prep if you don’t first master mudbug, crab, and shrimp boil, deep-fried ‘gator, and smoked mullet.

OP
OP
Shooting or Jeeping

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Now, whe

J/K
Now, if we get to talkin salsa, there is clearly no comparison. Anyone who says they have great Mexican food that isn’t from Texas or further south is lying to you.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Now, whe

Now, if we get to talkin salsa, there is clearly no comparison. Anyone who says they have great Mexican food that isn’t from Texas or further south is lying to you.
I love Tex Mex, but, the Navaho influence in New Mexico, Mexican food is very, very good.
Sponsored