JK Wheels on a JL?

Rysdykj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I wanted to order Mopar Part# 82219010AB JK Wheels and put them on my JL. Dealership that I inquired through states that JK Wheels will absolutely NOT fit on a JL - something about JL's no longer being 5x5. Is this true?

If so, what bolt pattern or specs do I need to look out for when ordering aftermarket wheels? Fuel is telling me wheels should fit on my JL no problem. I just want to make sure I order the right thing.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 99.9% sure the wheels are the same. Hell, aren't the "upgraded" Rubicon wheels just JK Hard Rock wheels?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Hell.....the Sport S rims are the last JK Rubicon wheels, but painted a different color. Literally the same wheel.

63xQ2q8l.jpg

6ep2fvLl.jpg

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Those look similar to JK Sahara or special edition wheels although I do think those are aftermarket.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Those are Rugged Ridge Drakon wheels.

BostonRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL unlimited
Hell.....the Sport S rims are the last JK Rubicon wheels, but painted a different color. Literally the same wheel.

Jeep Wrangler JL JK Wheels on a JL? {filename}

The 33” BFG KO2’s look great. Did you do any mods to make them fit properly? Thanks.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer

Holy cow i did not even realize how similar they were. But if you notice the positioning of the bolts are different. Still it's crazy how the color of the rim can make such a difference, good catch!

Sponsored

Jack P.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 1979 Power Wagon, 1974 CJ5, 2004 Rubicon, 1991 Mustang
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Stay away from that dealer until they get some training.... The offset on JK wheels is not the exact spec the JL will use, but they bolt up 100%. The item that changed are the lug nuts, they are now M14 instead of 1/2".
I couldn't agree more with this considering i work for a dealer now in sales but spent years on the service side. It seemed nobody (to include wheel companies) could give any insight pertaining to the difference. To elaborate more on what you were saying about studs/lugs and wheel fitment, Yes the JK wheels with go on there as they are both 5x5 lug pattern. No they WILL NOT bolt up safely. The lug bore on the JL wheel is considerably larger, not allowing the lug nut to seat fully into the wheel as it should. There is also less back spacing on the JL wheel.

SwrvnMrvin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2015 Jeep Renegade Lattitude
Just throwing this out there, I have JK Recon Rubicon wheels and tires on my JL currently (Jeep dealer had them on there already) I checked how the lug nuts mate in with the contact surface with the wheel. Looked good. Jeep Wrangler JL JK Wheels on a JL? {filename}

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Just throwing this out there, I have JK Recon Rubicon wheels and tires on my JL currently (Jeep dealer had them on there already) I checked how the lug nuts mate in with the contact surface with the wheel. Looked good. Jeep Wrangler JL JK Wheels on a JL? {filename}

That looks great!

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)