Sponsored

Three JL Rublicon Unlimiteds went West from Michigan Pic and Video heavy...

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Engineer
Did you ever have to use your lockers? I want to do this similiar trip, but I have a 2018 JLU Sport S (no lockers and Dana 30 in the front) I am lifted 2" on 35s however

Jimski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for sharing your adventure. Nice photo’s!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Did you ever have to use your lockers? I want to do this similiar trip, but I have a 2018 JLU Sport S (no lockers and Dana 30 in the front) I am lifted 2" on 35s however
I did use my lockers. Did I have to NO. I think you could go anywhere that I went without lockers. You may have had to choose a different line, but still, you could have done and seen everything that I saw.

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I did the 4 BOH trails in the Ouray area 2 weeks ago. I have a stock JLR with 35's so it would be similar to your lifted Sport S, I never used the lockers and the only damage I had was to a rear tow hook when it came down on a rock on Mineral Creek. It was a great trip.

Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Drone flights at Top of the World. I was flying the drone and did not realize that my bud was not putting the Jeeps in the COOL spot.

This video was driving the bats and birds crazy.

pic of having to winch off a ledge on Onion Creek. Onion Creek was the most difficult trail I have ever been on. I wish I would have taken more pics, but I was busy trying not to damage or die.

3-vzg38xEHZvnUKwlz55PghCOQnv23Z73vDZD8jJOpuW0hI5Mi_UzXClYhstXBiNr0hLd3Gx&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg
You were on Rose Garden Hill, an offshoot of Onion Creek, which generally ends when you take either RGH or the Kokopelli up to Polar Mesa. It's not the only route to Onion Creek, but it is the shortest. We def don't recommend that trail to anyone.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You were on Rose Garden Hill, an offshoot of Onion Creek, which generally ends when you take either RGH or the Kokopelli up to Polar Mesa. It's not the only route to Onion Creek, but it is the shortest. We def don't recommend that trail to anyone.
That how we found out there was a Top of the World Road and a Top of the World Trail.

We made it to the bottom and then back up with no damage. Not sure how some flat landers from Michigan pulled that off.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That how we found out there was a Top of the World Road and a Top of the World Trail.

We made it to the bottom and then back up with no damage. Not sure how some flat landers from Michigan pulled that off.
Tire placement and throttle control!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

looks like a great trip! great break down on cost too. i have a few trips planned think ill post that information aswell. it doesn help when it comes to planing a trip out. thanks for sharing all the videos and pictures!

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
awesome trip nd thanks for sharing it.

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Engineer
I did use my lockers. Did I have to NO. I think you could go anywhere that I went without lockers. You may have had to choose a different line, but still, you could have done and seen everything that I saw.
awesome, thanks for the reply and this was a great read!

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Engineer
I did the 4 BOH trails in the Ouray area 2 weeks ago. I have a stock JLR with 35's so it would be similar to your lifted Sport S, I never used the lockers and the only damage I had was to a rear tow hook when it came down on a rock on Mineral Creek. It was a great trip.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. My bucket list has Moab all over it, and these trails as well! I live in NC, so wanted to be sure before I made the haul.

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Just seeing this.
Saw a lot on Instagram though.
How far did you get into Holy Cross?
The creek?
One of my favorite trails!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Just seeing this.
Saw a lot on Instagram though.
How far did you get into Holy Cross?
The creek?
One of my favorite trails!
Yes, we went to the Creek. I don't think we could have gone farther with out getting damage.
Sponsored