Sponsored

2020 Trailer Tow and Heavy Duty Electrical Group.

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Rookie, newbie, non-Jeep owner at this point. Looking to buy and wondered if the aux switches included in this group could be used for extra lighting, be it interior/exterior. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
It can be used for a lot of things. I use them to control power to my Ham Radio, fire radio and emergency lights

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Rookie, newbie, non-Jeep owner at this point. Looking to buy and wondered if the aux switches included in this group could be used for extra lighting, be it interior/exterior. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Given the prior posted kinda sorta implied yes (he did mentioned emergency lights,) let me say absolutely yes. You detail one of the classical and most common uses for the aux switches: lighting control.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it offers 4 separate circuits that could be used for any lighting, a winch, air compressor, etc. All necessary fuses and relays are prewired and there are 2 hookup bundles, one under the hood and the other under the passenger side of the dash.

Welcome aboard!

OP
OP

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Thanks for the input everyone. Really glad they're bringing back the Willys and really like it in Bikini. Could be a great 40th birthday gift to myself!!! We'll see!

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
So far I'm using 3 of the switches - 1 for my winch (with solenoid), 1 for my GMRS radio (not really necessary but just cuz), and 1 for a pair of aux lights. Absolutely one of the best options I got with my Jeep because it makes wiring ridiculously easy, nice integrated switches, and very flexible on functionality (battery/ignition and momentary/latching). Also higher-capacity alternator, hitch receiver and trailer wiring all factory installed - I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it...

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
So far I'm using 3 of the switches - 1 for my winch (with solenoid), 1 for my GMRS radio (not really necessary but just cuz), and 1 for a pair of aux lights. Absolutely one of the best options I got with my Jeep because it makes wiring ridiculously easy, nice integrated switches, and very flexible on functionality (battery/ignition and momentary/latching). Also higher-capacity alternator, hitch receiver and trailer wiring all factory installed - I don't know why anyone wouldn't want it...
Is the hitch receiver bolted on?
Sponsored