Sponsored

Trail Rail Management System Thread

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to consolidate everything we have on the Trail Rail Management System. At this time it seems up in the air how to get it in your Wrangler. The standard/option list has this has an option only (not standard on any models). The configurator/builder online has it as a $195 option.

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 7.56.29 AM.png

However, when you go to order it with an order it is not something that can be ordered (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ask-a-jeep-dealer-thread.1612/page-23#post-37361). The code should be CMD (Trail Rail Management System). Has anybody had any luck ordering it? I know early order systems had it in the pull down but then it went away. Do you think this will likely be an easy thing to add after the fact (something you can pull and plug)? I'm hoping that is the case given the lower price tag of the option.

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 7.47.07 AM.png
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
It's a Mopar offering, so it should be straightforward to order after if you can't include it with the Jeep. How complex it is to install yourself, I have no idea.

Update: now that I look through the brochure I can't find it. Thought it was Mopar but I may just be senile.

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
May i ask what does this do it was the only thing i disnt add on my rubi

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
May i ask what does this do it was the only thing i disnt add on my rubi
From the pictures and limited info already out there it is a set of 3 (two on the floor and one on the back gate that allow for sliding position points to be able to custom tie down and/or mount gear. I can already think of a ton of uses of them and the aftermarket folks haven't even announced the fun things you will be able to use this system for. I think it’s something similar to what Toyota did on Tacoma bed surrounds with the adjustable mount points but it’ll be even more robust because of those fat Wrangler aftermarket $s.

Last edited:

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 69 firebird convertible
I got my quote from Craig at Koons this morning and he couldn’t order it. I am going to wait to order until I can get this option, so if anyone has a concrete ETA....

Sponsored

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From this pic it looks like you may just be able to pop out a piece in the back and add the rail slots after the fact. It looks like there is a blank hidden back there.
56FB907F-3828-4289-B77C-FF81B566E080.png

GMCarGuy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Ordered my Jeep despite this option, which I was interested in, not being available. Hoping, from the looks of that photo that this is something we might be able to upgrade to or add on later. Heck, even aftermarket if those covers behind the seats are any indication. Fingers crossed!

If anyone's taken delivery of the JLU yet and can add anything, that would be super.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Ordered my Jeep despite this option, which I was interested in, not being available. Hoping, from the looks of that photo that this is something we might be able to upgrade to or add on later. Heck, even aftermarket if those covers behind the seats are any indication. Fingers crossed!

If anyone's taken delivery of the JLU yet and can add anything, that would be super.
I was told it’s an easy option to add after the sale. A few bolts and you’re done.

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was told it’s an easy option to add after the sale. A few bolts and you’re done.
That was my hope too. Given what appears to be a blank I’m hoping so. We might even get better aftermarket options.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The JL I saw today said Trail Rail ready on the tailgate panel. I take that to mean it can be added.

Sponsored

xywh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2007 Ducati S4RS
Anyone know anything new on this? I ordered mine two weeks ago - and rail management system still wasn't available. Called the dealer to ask if it was in the system last week again - answer was no...

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know anything new on this? I ordered mine two weeks ago - and rail management system still wasn't available. Called the dealer to ask if it was in the system last week again - answer was no...
Nope. Same old news. Can’t order but will be able to order separately. Most rumors point to easy self install.

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody heard any news on this lately? I'm still not finding anything on the Internet at all.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Bumping this thread back up. Any word on this?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon