Sponsored

Does this windshield fix by dealer look acceptable?

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Dealership replaced windshield to fix a whistling problem. Noise is gone so that’s cool. However, this is what they gave back to me. To me this is BS. Am I over reacting?

upload_2019-9-29_11-11-54.jpeg
Is that caulking? I gotta go look at mine, are they all caulking? I thought it was a nice rubber weather stripping of some sort.
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with most of the above. I would elevate this until I got satisfaction, but I would under no circumstances let them touch my Jeep again. Especially after they said they would have the same jack wagon “fix” it. I would be concerned about this person screwing with something else just for spite after being required to perform rework.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Jeep Cares already told me I had to go through the dealer. That was my first conversation
You should get your money back. Then take it to another dealer and get the job done. Elevate the issue as clearly "Jeep Doesn't Care"

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Is that caulking? I gotta go look at mine, are they all caulking? I thought it was a nice rubber weather stripping of some sort.
When I left it at the dealer it had the weatherstripping, when I got it back it had this crap. I think there actually is weatherstripping of some sort underneath. Still have not gotten any word from the dealer about what they are going to do. Service guy only wants to converse by text. I guess he's tired of other people yelling at him

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with most of the above. I would elevate this until I got satisfaction, but I would under no circumstances let them touch my Jeep again. Especially after they said they would have the same jack wagon “fix” it. I would be concerned about this person screwing with something else just for spite after being required to perform rework.
I'm with you. I told Jeep Cares I didn't want to go back but they said thats what I had to do.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Sleep with both the service managers and mechanics wives!!! At the same time!!!!

and if that doesn’t work, do they have any beloved pets?

I mean this is WAR!!

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I'm with you. I told Jeep Cares I didn't want to go back but they said thats what I had to do.
Did they see the pictures? Are they related to (or sleeping with) the person who did the install? Maybe it is both.

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just confirmed with the dealership that they are ordering a new windshield (#4 I think) and will be having the SAME COMPANY INSTALL. Supposedly they have used them for 6 years and this is the first issue. Can't even begin to believe that

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm mad as hell and this isn't even my Jeep, way to ruin my day!

G'luck w/ these shipdits!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No way in hell would that be acceptable. See if they dealer will use a different installer. Or a different tech then the one who did the lousy work. Ask for a more experienced tech to do the next one. I'd send a email to the service manager and CC the owner of the dealership.
Sponsored