Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It depends. What will it cover. Is it bumper to bumper with the mopar lift covered?

For the diesel. Absolutely. If it covers the DPF and other systems then yes. I’d buy it.

for the hybrid or even BSG yes if it covers all the electrical.
For the 3.6... prob not as I see that as a stepping stone to the more electrified future. 7 years would be plenty on that one.
The most recent Lifetime plan excluded hybrid (BSG) components coverage and was not available for purchase on 6.4 Hemi, 6.2 SC Hellcat or diesel models. I doubt any of that would change.
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
The most recent Lifetime plan excluded hybrid (BSG) components coverage and was not available for purchase on 6.4 Hemi, 6.2 SC Hellcat or diesel models. I doubt any of that would change.
Thanks for the info. Then yeah. It’s not worth buying any of them. Those are all the expensive parts.

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Thanks for the info. Then yeah. It’s not worth buying any of them. Those are all the expensive parts.
You can get 7 year or 8 year plans on all of these. the SRT and Hellcat are super reasonable with low mileage options :)

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I would never buy any 'inclusive warranty', i.e. ones that only list what they DO cover. I want an 'exclusive warranty' that only lists what they DO NOT cover.

I've seen 'inclusive' warranty claims frivolously denied too many times. "Well, your engine failed because a coolant hose burst, and hoses are a wear item not covered under your warranty."

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Bumper to Bumper", like the original 3/36, that covers the high voltage systems, very important with the " mild hybrid", where the 48v lithium Ion battery unit can run $1500, plus labor.. Federal Emissions law requires 8 yr, 80,000 mile warranty, but that's short of what vehicles can and do reach in mileage today. Labor rates are at, and exceeding $100 hour, so a good warranty is essential. Build in quality, everyone benefits..

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I would not. I made modifications to my jeep and know that anything I experience will be denied because I modified it, and I'd then have to fight for coverage. No point. I'll just trust my local mechanic and the aftermarket to fix things since Jeep seems uninterested and more on the deny there is a problem train.

I'm also convinced that my jeep will brick itself due to electronics long before the other parts are done. Uconnect is totally buggy. Half the time it won't recognize my finger press to change from map to radio or vice versa, but the voice command does work. Strange.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
With my experience of 18 years in the business, I know If you have a Mopar Warranty it will show up to the dealer before you even mention it. It shows up just like your original factory warranty would to the Dealership. I am not trying to discount what you are saying but this surely sounds like a dealership problem and not the Warranty.

I do appreciate the feedback on this subject.
Thanks for responding, and thanks for pointing out how it should be.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
My warranty was void by 6k miles. So extended warranties are no good to those of us who modify the jeep, lift tires, etc.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Like others have stated that all too often we take our Jeeps in and the first thing the service manager informs us of is that our warranty is void due to lift and tires that Mopar did not do. I can see if we changed out parts for aftermarket and not covering those, got that, but if the electronics, motor, transmission, transfer case go out, and those things failing are not tied to the lift and tires being installed not being covered???? Having the service manager knee jerk to, "warranty voided due to..." then causes the owner to have to contact Jeep Cares and have it rain down on the dealership fm there. Guess what I'm getting at is the dealerships will have to be educated to just not tell the owner that their warranty is void because they have a cold air intake when the complaint is related to the transmission or some other item not tied to the CAI will have to STOP before I consider paying for the extended warranty. I'd like it to mostly cover the electronics.

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
My warranty was void by 6k miles. So extended warranties are no good to those of us who modify the jeep, lift tires, etc.
Mopar Vehicle Protection offers lift kit protection as of April 2nd 2019.
I attached a PDF that explains what types of lifts it covers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sam Combs

855-730-1290

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Like others have stated that all too often we take our Jeeps in and the first thing the service manager informs us of is that our warranty is void due to lift and tires that Mopar did not do. I can see if we changed out parts for aftermarket and not covering those, got that, but if the electronics, motor, transmission, transfer case go out, and those things failing are not tied to the lift and tires being installed not being covered???? Having the service manager knee jerk to, "warranty voided due to..." then causes the owner to have to contact Jeep Cares and have it rain down on the dealership fm there. Guess what I'm getting at is the dealerships will have to be educated to just not tell the owner that their warranty is void because they have a cold air intake when the complaint is related to the transmission or some other item not tied to the CAI will have to STOP before I consider paying for the extended warranty. I'd like it to mostly cover the electronics.

I attached a PDF that explains what types of lifts are covered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sam Combs

855-730-1290

Attachments

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I would not. I made modifications to my jeep and know that anything I experience will be denied because I modified it, and I'd then have to fight for coverage. No point. I'll just trust my local mechanic and the aftermarket to fix things since Jeep seems uninterested and more on the deny there is a problem train.

I'm also convinced that my jeep will brick itself due to electronics long before the other parts are done. Uconnect is totally buggy. Half the time it won't recognize my finger press to change from map to radio or vice versa, but the voice command does work. Strange.
I attached a PDF that explains what types of lifts are covered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sam Combs

855-730-1290

Attachments

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
I would not purchase extended warranty. I would rather do the work myself if/when there is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.