Recommended Dealers List

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
There are a few thread in it, there are a bunch of things to try, 3 replacement parts, retightening everything etc
Could I ask - is this your first Wrangler? As a long time CJ driver, I am used to a vehicle that does not steer like a normal car. So I'm wondering, are the new JL steering issues more about expectation to steer like a regular car, or is there really a significant issue with the steering?

If the latter, how could Jeep release a vehicle and be 3 years into the run, and still have steering issues? That would not be good. Knowing myself, I would be shooting fire out of my nose if my new vehicle was already having an issue. I hope Jeep can resolve the situation for you.
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Could I ask - is this your first Wrangler? As a long time CJ driver, I am used to a vehicle that does not steer like a normal car. So I'm wondering, are the new JL steering issues more about expectation to steer like a regular car, or is there really a significant issue with the steering?

If the latter, how could Jeep release a vehicle and be 3 years into the run, and still have steering issues? That would not be good. Knowing myself, I would be shooting fire out of my nose if my new vehicle was already having an issue. I hope Jeep can resolve the situation for you.
This is my 3rd Jeep, just traded in my JKU, it's find under 55, over 55 miles an hour it feels loose or wiggly, my JKU wrote stiff and straight, not like a regular car but solid.. this feels different and not at all good

jeeperkc

First Name
Kiara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@jeeperkc, thanks for posting this info and congratulations! What is the total amount$ of their fees? Thanks.
They have a $599 doc fee, which depending on your proximity to other dealers may make or break the offer. But for myself, no one in middle TN or anyone under 4 hours away was offering anything close to their price, so I was willing to pay it.

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
They have a $599 doc fee, which depending on your proximity to other dealers may make or break the offer. But for myself, no one in middle TN or anyone under 4 hours away was offering anything close to their price, so I was willing to pay it.
Got it. Thanks.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Here to confirm one of the recommended dealers, I ordered 9/3, arrived 9/18, and picked it up 9/28. Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJ, located right outside of Atlanta, is super friendly and easy to work with along with the finance manager, Derek Langley, makes the whole process incredibly painless with zero surprises. I had a trade, and they were very fair on the appraisal.

Deals offered are:
  • 5% with your own financing
  • 6% with their financing
  • 7% with their financing + Tread Lightly/Affiliate Code
The best way to contact him is by email, [email protected] or by text 770-713-5364.
Thanks for posting this - I was looking at 4 hour drive to the closest recommended dealer (5% or more off invoice). Mall of GA is only a little over an hour south of me.

Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
This is my 3rd Jeep, just traded in my JKU, it's find under 55, over 55 miles an hour it feels loose or wiggly, my JKU wrote stiff and straight, not like a regular car but solid.. this feels different and not at all good
Cool, so you know what to expect from Jeep steering. I know someone who has owned a JKU Rubicon going on 3 years. He does a lot of high speed highway driving in that rig, and hasn't complained about the steering. So it bites the newer JL has steering issues for some owners. You've probably read about some of the remedies like I have, although seems like no one is 100% sure of the cause/fix? Hope Jeep can sort it out for you.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, so you know what to expect from Jeep steering. I know someone who has owned a JKU Rubicon going on 3 years. He does a lot of high speed highway driving in that rig, and hasn't complained about the steering. So it bites the newer JL has steering issues for some owners. You've probably read about some of the remedies like I have, although seems like no one is 100% sure of the cause/fix? Hope Jeep can sort it out for you.
ya started with jeep care today and will go to dealer tomorrow.. my car was built last month, so need to find out if i already have the upgraded steering stabiler, and steering box.. I am sure they will need to go thru and tighten everything and check the camber.. I also want to airdown a bit , heard going down the 34ish helps

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
ya started with jeep care today and will go to dealer tomorrow.. my car was built last month, so need to find out if i already have the upgraded steering stabiler, and steering box.. I am sure they will need to go thru and tighten everything and check the camber.. I also want to airdown a bit , heard going down the 34ish helps
On my old JK the steering and ride felt marshmallowy until I dropped the tire pressure a bit. Hopefully when I get my new JL it has a better feel.

Btsnyder11

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Just took home our 2020 Sahara from Kim Sims at Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Conway, Arkansas. Just like people have posted earlier, she hooks you up. MSRP on our Jeep was just a bit over $54k and she sold it to us for $47,898 out the door (with tread lightly). Call them and ask for her for a faster response. We called her and had a Sahara built on July 2nd and it came in on September 26th. We rented a car for $33 bucks and made the 5 hour drive from OKC because no dealer would even come close to that number.

Wrangler build sheet.jpg

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
If you're in STL, i highly recommend Century Dodge, ask for Craig Johnson - was just awesome, best vehicle purchasing experience i've ever had....i really cannot say enough good things. My mother was in the car selling business and i'm familiar with all the BS surrounding it, in addition to past vehicle purchases so i feel that i have "been around" a bit.

My suggestions to new Jeep buyers: know what you want, stand your ground, be prepared to walk, you will have to negotiate a little, do your homework - shop around. Very seldomely will you get a deal of a lifetime, but you can get to a spot where you feel comfortable. Good luck everyone!! Happy Jeeping! :like:
This is great to hear as I am currently working with Craig on a 2020 JLU order to be placed in the next 2-5 months.

He has easily been the best sales agent I have talked to in St. Louis thus far and if his end price is close to the others I find in StL, I definitely see myself ordering from him soon.

Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I am in the process of ordering a 2020 Rubicon MSRP $56,470. I am in the DFW area of Texas.

I have reached out to Cleburne, HIllsboro, Fort Worth, and Conroe dealers waiting for response. I will update on the current best offers. I will say quickly that the Dealership in Hillsboro, (Bossier) is not worth the time of day. They quickly responded with anger and rudeness that I would try to get it for below invoice..calling it theft!

Anyone that gets a dealer like this should just move on, not worth the time arguing over.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
dealership tightened everything down and fixed alignment, and it’s driving great now fyi

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am in the process of ordering a 2020 Rubicon MSRP $56,470. I am in the DFW area of Texas.

I have reached out to Cleburne, HIllsboro, Fort Worth, and Conroe dealers waiting for response. I will update on the current best offers. I will say quickly that the Dealership in Hillsboro, (Bossier) is not worth the time of day. They quickly responded with anger and rudeness that I would try to get it for below invoice..calling it theft!

Anyone that gets a dealer like this should just move on, not worth the time arguing over.
Have you tried Meador?

It's been years since I lived out in FTW, but they were fair when I used them in 05.

I can say that their service dept is solid.

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
On my old JK the steering and ride felt marshmallowy until I dropped the tire pressure a bit. Hopefully when I get my new JL it has a better feel.
Picked up today, tire pressure is at 43 ride is very unstable. Need to drop pressure and see how it feels.

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Planning to order a new 2020 JL Sport 2dr tomorrow due to the private sale of a vehicle yesterday. I'm in SW Missouri and our most local dealer is Tri-Lakes in Branson. I plan to give them a shot at quoting me as we test drove one of their units and I appreciate that. But, that being said, I also plan to contact Kim at Superior in Conway AR for a quote. It's only about 3 hours and it sounds like she's got the Jeep order market nailed down here. Plus, this thread has a lot of folks saying good things about her.

The only thing I'm wondering, I see people alluding to the fact that if you buy in one state you're not covered by lemon law in your home state? I looked at info on the Missouri State Attorney General's site on Missouri Lemon Law and see no such language. It just says: "The Missouri lemon law covers any new motor vehicle being transferred for the first time from a manufacturer, distributor or new vehicle dealer; that has not been registered or titled in the state or any other state; and that is offered for sale, barter or exchange by a dealer franchised to sell, barter or exchange that particular make of new motor vehicle. This includes demonstrators or lease-purchase vehicles as long as a manufacturer’s warranty was issued as a condition of sale." So, it looks to me that some states may have a requirement that a vehicle be purchased in their state, but Missouri isn't one of them? I'm not nor have I ever been an attorney, never played one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so this is just my unqualified interpretation of what I'm reading. Anyone know the deal for sure?
Sponsored