Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Will the JLU ecodiesel get the integrated trailer brake controller from the JT?
I believe unless they up the tow rating to 5k or above I don’t think this will be an offering. I would guess if you prefer to purchase and add your self you can do so but I wouldn’t expect it being offered from factory.
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Even though 3.73 is standard, will you be able to upgrade from the factory to 4.10?

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Even though 3.73 is standard, will you be able to upgrade from the factory to 4.10?
The diesel having a standard 3.73 diff ratio on the Rubicon is rather interesting. The video did not say if the Rubicon still has the 285/70R17 tire size with the 3.73. I suppose we will find out the options (if any) when they update the Order Guide with the diesel information. Hopefully that will be in the October update. It is too bad the fuel tank is smaller with the diesel. That defeats one of its big advantages: range.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The diesel having a standard 3.73 diff ratio on the Rubicon is rather interesting. The video did not say if the Rubicon still has the 285/70R17 tire size with the 3.73. I suppose we will find out the options (if any) when they update the Order Guide with the diesel information. Hopefully that will be in the October update. It is too bad the fuel tank is smaller with the diesel. That defeats one of its big advantages: range.
They still claim to have the longest range by far.. guess we will see what we can really expect once They release the numbers. I’m hoping we can get atleast 5-550 miles per tank

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I saw that as well but that would make the muffler roughly half the size of the one on a gas motor which feels unlikely to me. I just figured it was a dual chamber muffler or something like that.

Maybe a member attending the fair could crawl under one and solve this debate?
You don’t need as much muffler when you’re running a DPF. The filter serves some of the same purpose (unfortunately).

Sponsored

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ever since the diesel was announced it was auto only.
Correct...been an unfortunate fact for quite a while because FCA refuses to beef up any existing 6MT options to manage the torque, nor will they run another drivetrain through crash testing for what they see as a limited market. I’m sure people will be dropping in their favorite 6MTs before long.
Yea that's what I figured and was afraid of. The 6MT with the 3.0D would be a great combo.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
What are the chances of jeep having one of the ecodiesels available for test drives on the national auto show circuit beginning of next year??
We got a couple JLs in Louisville the February after they debuted, and had a JT in the showroom, but not on the test drive list February of this year. Really hoping to take one for a spin.

Doctorit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I believe unless they up the tow rating to 5k or above I don’t think this will be an offering...
Good point on the 5k mark.

Wouldn't that be awesome, though? A JLU that could tow 5k? Dare to dream!

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Hell im not going to hold my breath. 5k towing would be awesome thought.

I went to 3 different local dealers here in San Diego this weekend just inquiring when order banks might possibly open up. Every dealer told me not until end of 2020:CWL::CWL: SMH

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

They already can. Use trailer brakes and keep the speed to 62mph. That satisfies the German and Australian laws which bring their JLU tow rating to 5000 lbs using all of the same parts as ours. Our ratings are based on the JLU’s ability to brake and stabilize a 3500lb load up to 85mph, which is lunacy and ultimately misleading.

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
The diesel having a standard 3.73 diff ratio on the Rubicon is rather interesting. The video did not say if the Rubicon still has the 285/70R17 tire size with the 3.73.
I didn't read the entire thread, but if I get your point, you are concerned that the gearing should be lower (i.e. 4.10 v 3.73). A diesel usually doesn't need the gearing a gasser does, and you would be hurting your performance if you go too low with the gearing.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I agree, it most likely just doesn't need it. When comparing the "old" 3.0 vs the 3.6 it puts out over 100 more torque between 1600-2000 rpm. The new version likely puts out even more in that rpm range. 300-350tq at cruise is quite an upgrade vs 200-250tq.