What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Let's ask this question...why do YOU think you need it?

Let's review taking the doors off. You take off the two bolts on the outside (if they're not already out)
Open the door, remove the panel, disconnect the wiring and take the keeper off the hook - now the door swings out wider
Remove the bolt on the inside of the door
Lift the door off

So the question myself and others have is, why would you need that tool to remove the doors? See the video below...

Because if you use a power tool to removed the bolts rather than the manual tool provided, you can unscrew the bolts in a fraction of the time it takes to use the manual tool. Also, the risk of scratching your door is less. I don't know about you but taking off those bolts is a nervous affair for me as I am always afraid I am going to scratch something when the manual tool slips. Can't just use a drill because it's too fat and the spinning barrel can brushes up against you door scratching or putting wheel mark (ask me how I know). So this simple $12.99 flex attachment for your drill l (which most of us already own) eliminates all of that. "Well just leave the bolts out", sorry but I want every part of my 50k vehicle to remain on it. Somehow, leaving parts off just does not seem right to me.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Because if you use a power tool to removed the bolts rather than the manual tool provided, you can unscrew the bolts in a fraction of the time it takes to use the manual tool. Also, the risk of scratching your door is less. I don't know about you but taking off those bolts is a nervous affair for me as I am always afraid I am going to scratch something when the manual tool slips. Can't just use a drill because it's too fat and the spinning barrel can brushes up against you door scratching or putting wheel mark (ask me how I know). So this simple $12.99 flex attachment for your drill l (which most of us already own) eliminates all of that. "Well just leave the bolts out", sorry but I want every part of my 50k vehicle to remain on it. Somehow, leaving parts off just does not seem right to me.
Do whatever you feel comfortable with. Those torx bolts bite well and pretty deep. I haven't had it skip on the door but I can see your concern. I leave them off but I have pin cover guides installed in their place. I'll put them back on in the winter

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

FirecrackerRubi

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker red Rubicon Unlimited
Over the weekend.
MotoBilt rear bumper to match my front bumper
MotoBilt rocker guards to replace the factory Rubicon rails.

The paint did not come out as good as I'd have liked bc of the humidity. I might take them off later and repaint them.
Bumper.jpg

Rocker 1.jpg

Rocker 2.jpg

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I added D44's with Elockers, FAD, 4:1 Transfer case, LED Lights, 8.4 infotainment screen, and Rock Rails.
OK, maybe I actually traded in my Sport for a Rubi...but it's still Mojito! and I kept the wheels!
upload_2019-9-30_12-41-19.png

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
My Rubicon came with a gas cap cover, but I wanted something a little different. When I contacted Drop Zone Offroad about making a gas cap from my own weird design, I wasn't sure if it would turn out. They exceeded my expectations BY A MILE.

This little cutie is powder coated metal, completely one of a kind, AND it cost less than the boring factory option. I cannot say enough about how thrilled I am.

IMG_20190930_142612_967.jpg

20190930_132140.jpg