What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
Installed my Slipstream today. It’s been in my garage for like two months. I have many thoughts, but I’ll save those for a different post. This was a huge pain in the ass to install. Probably took me close to eight hours to get it just right. Easily my most complicated install thus far, even more than my Ace tire carrier.
Looks good. When you have time, I’d love to hear the additional thoughts you have on this. I’m considering the Slipstream as well. I’ve read the other threads on here, but new feedback is always helpful.

LeftyMD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Baja Design LP6 and A-pillar squadron pros. Absolutely incredible lights. I wish the phone camera would do the difference justice but the auto exposure limits the comparison. Now to buy some tamper proof screws to put my mind somewhat at ease. Highly recommend these lights.
4EB7DB07-ABC0-46AA-9994-BE47C4B9795A.jpeg
B6C1E629-6C84-43A2-9A69-F913561C5677.jpeg

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I dont know what the secret is but I do know that I have to get a locking gas cap ! Every night I wake up to noises in the driveway and I know people are trying to steal my gas ! I cant sleep anymore ! Tonight , I will sit by the bedroom window ,shotgun in hand, staring at the Jeep ,waiting.....waiting....
Yeah, but what you really need to worry about are those guys with cordless drills with step-bits... I hear they really like the lifted Jeeps, less crawling around and you can get a bigger container under there... Sleep tight!

Last edited:

Jltowhere

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku
Baja Design LP6 and A-pillar squadron pros. Absolutely incredible lights. I wish the phone camera would do the difference justice but the auto exposure limits the comparison. Now to buy some tamper proof screws to put my mind somewhat at ease. Highly recommend these lights.
4EB7DB07-ABC0-46AA-9994-BE47C4B9795A.jpeg
B6C1E629-6C84-43A2-9A69-F913561C5677.jpeg
This looks good! I have been eyeing the lp6. I had a light bar on my jku and this combo here makes me think the lps are way more than enough light! Thanks for posting.

SS2112

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I replaced the stock Sport bumper with a Rubicon bumper with LED fog lights. Much better now!

IMG_3551.JPG

Reactions: RTJ

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Care to elaborate?
Let's ask this question...why do YOU think you need it?

Let's review taking the doors off. You take off the two bolts on the outside (if they're not already out)
Open the door, remove the panel, disconnect the wiring and take the keeper off the hook - now the door swings out wider
Remove the bolt on the inside of the door
Lift the door off

So the question myself and others have is, why would you need that tool to remove the doors? See the video below...

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Let's ask this question...why do YOU think you need it?

Let's review taking the doors off. You take off the two bolts on the outside (if they're not already out)
Open the door, remove the panel, disconnect the wiring and take the keeper off the hook - now the door swings out wider
Remove the bolt on the inside of the door
Lift the door off

So the question myself and others have is, why would you need that tool to remove the doors? See the video below...

I have a theory, all be it, a bit of a stretch. Maybe he’s uncomfortable being that close to the door with that little ratchet they give you and possibly hit the door with it, this would enable you to stay away while loosening the bolts? That’s all I got.....:)

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I have a theory, all be it, a bit of a stretch. Maybe he’s uncomfortable being that close to the door with that little ratchet they give you and possibly hit the door with it, this would enable you to stay away while loosening the bolts? That’s all I got.....:)
One may weigh in at 350 to 400 pounds and simply cant get close enough to use the jeep tool. Ok,Im sorry that wasnt nice.

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe he weighs in at 350 to 400 pounds and simply cant get close enough to use the jeep tool. Ok,Im sorry that wasnt nice.
:facepalm:........lol, I thought my theory was a stretch....:)

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly.

I don't know about you guys but I use this for almost everything on the Jeep and I don't have any issues with hitting the body...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? {filename}