Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Having personally witnessed the disconnect between Jeep and Mopar. Considering that I, as a customer have to care about this distinction; I have ZERO faith in any warranty provided by FCA, as they allow this behavior. I would not purchase such a warranty. I would actively encourage others not to do so as well.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Having personally witnessed the disconnect between Jeep and Mopar. Considering that I, as a customer have to care about this distinction; I have ZERO faith in any warranty provided by FCA, as they allow this behavior. I would not purchase such a warranty. I would actively encourage others not to do so as well.
Explain pls

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Probably. I got a discount but still paid more than others around here.

I bought it because I have it on my JK. It got me a significant transmission repair early on and more recently, at 116k miles a new transmission. I'd say it's been worth about $4k so far. Hopefully, I'll never have to use it on the JL, but I've got an outstanding dealer and an excellent long term relationship with them, so I'm confident they'll take care of any issues should they arise.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Explain pls
The problem is FCA owns Jeep and MOPAR. But it is far from operated as a seamless single entity.

You can buy a MOPAR warranty and it is likely the Jeep dealership has no clue it exists or what it covers. You will end up fighting to get anything done under it.

I have no idea why FCA continues to make such a mess and not able to integrate this all into a single corporate footprint. The fact I have to have 5 different web accounts for one vehicle is case in point.

I really wish Jeep somehow becomes independent again or bought out by some other company that actually had their head out of their a$$.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes, I think the LifeTime Max Care Warranty should be brought back, it's proof that the manufacturer has faith in the longevity of the vehicle, and is willing to "bet" on this claim.
Today's vehicles are so complex, and so expensive, the buyer needs a warranty that outlasts the loan, so 8 years, unlimited miles would be a start.
The "Life Time Unlimited Warranty " on the early JKs was great, if the manufacturer would bring it back, for a fair price, that's proof they stand behind their product. If sales fall off, due to softening economy, or competition, this might happen.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
when i got my jl, i declined the extended warranty because the price wasn't worth it. with every vehicle that i and family and friends have owned, never had the extended warranty. i had the life time warranty on the 07 grand cherokee and had bad experience with it. so i have mixed feelings and opinions on these warranty. so with that i say no since i have good luck in long ownership with no problems. knock on wood.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Explain pls
@oceanblue2019 described part of it. My issue is that Jeep considers Mopar no different than any other 3rd party parts supplier, and the dealer that sells the Jeep as no different than any other vehicle retailer. This is really messed up. My recent experience is with Mercedes Benz and Tesla. Both manufacturers make it one seemless customer experience. At the prices that Jeep is charging, you would think they would follow suit. My specific experience:
(I have a couple of extensive threads on this one. Purchased Mopar kit 82215743AC from my Jeep dealer. My Jeep dealer installs the kit. The LED indicators will fail. I contacted Jeep cares to get this issue resolved. The resolution being, please give my dealer the code to make this kit comprised of factory parts, that was supposedly tested to work, work. This is where I was informed of the difference between Jeep and Mopar. Helpful hint, don't make the customer care about this.. just fix the problem. I am able to make the kit work using a Tazer JL. Jeep will not give Mopar the code to make it workm nor my dealer. My dealer happened to find a code, but told me that it was one me if the code was updated and did not work. This makes ZERO sense. This is not how you support a customer who just paid a premium for parts and labor.

Jeep just left me hanging with no resolution. Not even an offer to refund the kit. Dealer, no help either.

I pin this blame on FCA, for making me as a customer have to care about this nonsense.

Had I know it was this bad, I would not have made the purchase.

The Jeep seems to work fine. My issue is not major. I would hate to see how a bigger problem is handled.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I was planning on getting it but they stopped it a month before my Jeep was delivered because it took a LOOOOONG time after my Jeep was ordered to receive it

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
The problem is FCA owns Jeep and MOPAR. But it is far from operated as a seamless single entity.

You can buy a MOPAR warranty and it is likely the Jeep dealership has no clue it exists or what it covers. You will end up fighting to get anything done under it.

I have no idea why FCA continues to make such a mess and not able to integrate this all into a single corporate footprint. The fact I have to have 5 different web accounts for one vehicle is case in point.

I really wish Jeep somehow becomes independent again or bought out by some other company that actually had their head out of their a$$.
We had the lifetime on our GC and never had a problem using it at the Jeep dealer. It was right in our file and never had fight to get anything done. It covered things I was surprised at (shocks at 120k miles) without issue. I think if you plan on keeping your vehicle for long enough it can be worth it (even with the mostly minor things on our GC it more then paid for itself).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.