How tall is your Jeep?

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I don’t know how often it is discussed but when lifting my previous Jeep I found that I had to be careful in certain places once I lifted it.

Today, for my own personal knowledge I need to know how tall my Jeep will be before buying a Rock Krawler X Factor 2.5” lift + 35s on my Rubicon so I can get it in my garage. Otherwise, my hardtop ceiling hoist will be rendered useless

So,how tall is your Jeep? From Ground to Roof line (highest point). Which model, what lift, what size tires?
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 24" from pinch seam to pavement and a hardtop height of 80"

2" mopar lift with 1.5" coil spacers & 20" Wheels on 37's

Your 2.5" lift with 35's should put you in the 76" to 78" height

20190719_142022.jpg

20190722_082458.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My rig ( jlur) is 77.5” ( 6’- 5-1/2” ) from floor to highest point on my hard top. I used a level and cantilevered it over the side so it’s pretty accurate. I’m on a rk 3.5 “ xfactor lift with 37s.

So sounds like your set up should be around 3” ish shorter than that, give or take. Are the bugs subsiding down there? This is the worst bug season we’ve had in a while......:)
You're close but his would be 2" shorter than yours, not 3". You only take away 1" radius, since the diameter is 2" bigger. So he'd be about 75.5 tall assuming they all start the same height and are equally loaded.

Mike, one thing I've learned from lifting trucks is that just because 2 trucks (or in the case Jeeps) are the same year and trim, doesn't mean they'll be the same height from the factory. I've seen roughly 1" difference between vehicles that should be the same. These measurements should give you a good ballpark, but it's going to depend on your specific Jeep.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You're close but his would be 2" shorter than yours, not 3". You only take away 1" radius, since the diameter is 2" bigger. So he'd be about 75.5 tall assuming they all start the same height and are equally loaded.

Mike, one thing I've learned from lifting trucks is that just because 2 trucks (or in the case Jeeps) are the same year and trim, doesn't mean they'll be the same height from the factory. I've seen roughly 1" difference between vehicles that should be the same. These measurements should give you a good ballpark, but it's going to depend on your specific Jeep.
I guess “ ish “or “ give or take “ wasn’t good enough.....:facepalm:.... I’ll try harder next time...:)
The irony is I corrected someone on tire radius just the other day..... karma......:headbang:

OP
OP
KPsrq

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I figured if people posted their setup they would know clearances with certain lifts.

I personally want a 3.5” lift w/ 37s but with my garage opening height constraints I didn’t want to be surprised once I got it done

The bugs aren’t terrible right now but they were in May. I’m just happy there isn’t any red tide so far...but fingers crossed

My rig ( jlur) is 77.5” ( 6’- 5-1/2” ) from floor to highest point on my hard top. I used a level and cantilevered it over the side so it’s pretty accurate. I’m on a rk 3.5 “ xfactor lift with 37s.

So sounds like your set up should be around 3” ish shorter than that, give or take. Are the bugs subsiding down there? This is the worst bug season we’ve had in a while......:)

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm at 24" from pinch seam to pavement and a hardtop height of 80"

2" mopar lift with 1.5" coil spacers & 20" Wheels on 37's

Your 2.5" lift with 35's should put you in the 76" to 78" height

20190719_142022.jpg

20190722_082458.jpg
Did your Mopar 2” lift Fox shocks work with the addition of 1.5” coil spacers? Or did you replace them? I’m thinking about 1” spacers added to my 2” Mopar lift when I go to 37” tires as it actually only gave me 2” of actual lift with an inch rake still. I’m at 20” at the back from the bottom of the rock rail to the ground and 18-1/2 at the front with 315/70x17.

Scott

Scott

OP
OP
KPsrq

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
i just measured my garage and it’s got a clear height of 82”. I’d be ‘safe’ with 78” so the 3.5 RK with 37s would be my absolute max with no light bar. 2.5” and 35s if I wanted a light bar

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did your Mopar 2” lift Fox shocks work with the addition of 1.5” coil spacers? Or did you replace them? I’m thinking about 1” spacers added to my 2” Mopar lift when I go to 37” tires as it actually only gave me 2” of actual lift with an inch rake still. I’m at 20” at the back from the bottom of the rock rail to the ground and 18-1/2 at the front with 315/70x17.

Scott

Scott
A lot of the new JL's using the 2" Mopar lift kits got between 3" - 3 1/2" total . After I swapped out from 35,s to 37's I added 3/4" coil spacers to gain fender clearance which didn't work so I changed out to 1.5" spacers on top of the Mopar coil springs and shocks .

I'm at 8.5" from top of tire to bottom of the fender's edge which is where I want to be

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
A lot of the new JL's using the 2" Mopar lift kits got between 3" - 3 1/2" total . After I swapped out from 35,s to 37's I added 3/4" coil spacers to gain fender clearance which didn't work so I changed out to 1.5" spacers on top of the Mopar coil springs and shocks .

I'm at 8.5" from top of tire to bottom of the fender's edge which is where I want to be
That’s what I am thinking, 1” (maybe 1-1/2” based on this) in the front with 3/4” in the rear to get a little more clearance and level it.

Thanks!
Scott

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I am thinking, 1” (maybe 1-1/2” based on this) in the front with 3/4” in the rear to get a little more clearance and level it.

Thanks!
Scott
I'm level with 1.5 all the way around

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I guess “ ish “or “ give or take “ wasn’t good enough.....:facepalm:.... I’ll try harder next time...:)
The irony is I corrected someone on tire radius just the other day..... karma......:headbang:
ha ha. Well I guess someone will get me next.

Mike, FWIW these all seem to match up pretty well, like the JL is somewhat consistent on its stock height. I'm running a Daystar 2" kit on 34's and my tallest point is 74.5".

Last edited: