Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
Hello,

I was looking through youtube for many different mufflers on the JL but I think videos doesnt give the muffler its real sound since to me they all sound the same... in which i think a muffler delete is the best!

what do you guys think?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I was looking through youtube for many different mufflers on the JL but I think videos doesnt give the muffler its real sound since to me they all sound the same... in which i think a muffler delete is the best!

what do you guys think?
For me personally, the quieter the better. I’ve owned V8 engines most of my life and the majority of those engines were built. So I’m kinda picky when it comes to engine sound. To me there’s nothing like built Detroit muscle. So when I hear a V6 with a loud muffler I just snicker to myself, I don’t say anything so’s not to hurt feelings, but to me there’s no comparison. It’s the same with motorcycles, I own a Harley or I go without because no matter how hard the ricers try they can’t duplicate that sound either. So that’s why I choose to keep mine quiet......:)

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
I kinda laugh when I think best sound in a v6 vehicle after so many years with a V8.

That said. If you don't mine the weeks it will take to reign in the drone, a flowmaster outlaw axle back is by a wide margin the best sounding exhaust on the 3.6 I have heard in a Wrangler.

But just be prepared for some epic drone in the cab. Mine took almost a year to stop droning so bad. It's there still but I'm either deaf to that sound frequency (from the muffler) or the drone has really dialed back.

If you just drive around town it sounds spectacular.

Suttontj

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hello,

what do you guys think?
I put in a rock crawler by MagnaFlo cat back and a AFE cold air intake. Does it sound like a V8 no and it's not a V8 if that was what I wanted it's what I would have bought. It does sound good maybe a little loud but good. I do get a little better MPG if I take it as easy as I did before I did the work but I have a hard time doing that. There is a lot of sounds bites on you tube that sound about as real as your going to get. The drone is one of the things you need to watch for and I don't think I've heard it on any videos so read the reviews as well.

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i went with the flowmaster muffler delete kit. not regretting it one bit. i like it.
best part is, there is no huge muffler to get smashed up on the rocks.

and i love the sound in 3rd gear in the higher rev range. (3.6L 6spd).

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I did the muffler delete. It's only a little bit louder, no noticeable drone at any RPM, and I would describe the sound as "grumbly" which I personally think is perfect for a Jeep.
Did that to mine to w/ the Dynomax delete, great fit and removing that beer keg in back is a huge win! Nice hearing your motor work when you want to hear it but mild when you're off the gas.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've put a bunch of time and energy into building my JL, and the one thing that seems to get the most attention is my silly exhaust.

It has a nice low growl at start and is tame at cruising speeds, though it definitely speaks up when I get on the throttle. I'm running the Magnaflow Rock Crawler Catback system, which initially was too loud and droned terribly. The trick (at least for me) was to reinstall/weld the stock resonator in-line with the Magnaflow system.

No drone and a very nice tone. I've tried to record it, but just haven't had any success in getting the recording to sound like the real thing. I have a post on the install somewhere on the forums.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Magnaflow axle back and it sounds great, especially under hard aceleration. It sounds good when you want it to and is quiet when you are cruising. Best of both worlds. It is TOUGH, too. I bashed the tips hard in Moab and they barely show it. The stainless is very thick on those tips.

OP
OP
Uae9909

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
I removed the muffler the check the sound before ordering the dynomax... but no thats not the sound im looking for... it was too loud for me

Sponsored

Original Scuba

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I put in a rock crawler by MagnaFlo cat back and a AFE cold air intake. Does it sound like a V8 no and it's not a V8 if that was what I wanted it's what I would have bought. It does sound good maybe a little loud but good. I do get a little better MPG if I take it as easy as I did before I did the work but I have a hard time doing that. There is a lot of sounds bites on you tube that sound about as real as your going to get. The drone is one of the things you need to watch for and I don't think I've heard it on any videos so read the reviews as well.
Been thinking about the AFE as well. Love to hear more thoughts on it / feelings / opinions.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the muffler the check the sound before ordering the dynomax... but no thats not the sound im looking for... it was too loud for me
Try my Redneck Okie special delete pipe with red cherry bomb glass pack! Sounds great and gets rid of excess weight.

1C15BD84-11AF-4E93-850F-70AF7B3FE241.jpeg

F736C9AB-2E1C-41CC-B651-F917129D5C80.jpeg

BD21AFE8-D2E6-4257-A854-9CD451084321.jpeg

0098D585-FA59-44A6-B58F-CE35B89C773F.jpeg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Try my Redneck Okie special delete pipe with red cherry bomb glass pack! Sounds great and gets rid of excess weight.

1C15BD84-11AF-4E93-850F-70AF7B3FE241.jpeg

F736C9AB-2E1C-41CC-B651-F917129D5C80.jpeg

BD21AFE8-D2E6-4257-A854-9CD451084321.jpeg

0098D585-FA59-44A6-B58F-CE35B89C773F.jpeg
Let's hear a sound clip!