Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Holy hell,
was just doing some random browsing and saw this new bumper up at Rugged Ridge's site. - called "Venator"
Pretty damn sweet. Very factory looking, seems like quite a bit of thought went in to design a low profile bumper that works with the styling of the JLs. Would have believed it if this was the stock Mopar steel bumper out of factory. Probably not designed to bash rocks but then again not many do.

I'm picky about my bumpers and don't want a piece of rolled steel log up in front. Best part is that it includes the winch plate and skid plate and comes out cheaper than the mopar steel bumper.

11549.42_lifestyle10.jpg

11549.42_lifestyle11.jpg

11549.42_lifestyle03.jpg

11549.42.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
That seems to actually flow with with the grill design and looks like an actual JL designed bumper, more than a lot of other JK/JL ones out there. I still prefer the stubby but that's a good looking one.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That seems to actually flow with with the grill design and looks like an actual JL designed bumper, more than a lot of other JK/JL ones out there. I still prefer the stubby but that's a good looking one.
agreed. That’s the bumper the JL platform should have came factory with.

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
That has a bad-ass look to it. When I get to replacing mine, I will be looking at that one for sure. Thanks for the share!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Very cool lookin'. I wish the wings were a couple of inches higher and actually mated with the fender flares though. Do folks like the "gap" look? (I see a lot of folks remove the wings on the stock bumper...). I think the thing that I get hung up on is that there's no actual body there in front of the flares.

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Very cool lookin'. I wish the wings were a couple of inches higher and actually mated with the fender flares though. Do folks like the "gap" look? (I see a lot of folks remove the wings on the stock bumper...). I think the thing that I get hung up on is that there's no actual body there in front of the flares.
I would actually just wished the “wings” are removable like the stock steel bumper, and turn it into a stubby. Judging by the disassembled diagram, they could have easily done that, make it a bolt-on separation between the fog lights instead, not sure why they didn’t go that route.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Thank you! Being new to the the build part of Jeeps I was getting frustrated with what I thought was the dregs of the slag bowl plopped onto a slab to be modeled somewhat, thrown on the front of a Jeep and thought it looked good.

This looks great!

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Thank you! Being new to the the build part of Jeeps I was getting frustrated with what I thought was the dregs of the slag bowl plopped onto a slab to be modeled somewhat, thrown on the front of a Jeep and thought it looked good.
Huh???

Sponsored

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Are you sure they didn't? Looks like it just bolts together, so theoretically, you could just take those off. IMO, they look stupid.
The fog light mount are also part of the "wings". You would lose the fog lights if the "wings" were not installed. I'm sure they will come up with a "stubby" trim, if they haven't already. I agree...this is a nice looking bumper!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Looks good but not a fan of RR quality (and yes, it is based on real experience). Their customer service is non-existent (one step below sucking).