Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I’m planning on using my last week of vacation at work October 7-11... that would be a good date to release it lol
I'll happily buy pizza and beer! Would be totally cool to meet the other locals and get the IC tube and intake sorted out once and for all. hint hint nudge nudge.

I leave to Germany (again) Sunday for the week; back Friday night.
Well, we won't have these in customer hands until mid-November, so we're still a ways out. Sounds like that might count you out on a meet @Turbo_punkn ?

Thanks,
-Steve
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto I'm a dirty GOVT contractor.......so I can be off when ever I want LOL

Steve, let me know on the S&B intake

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
FYI the new S&B intake tube is still throwing the same code...

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Hi guys, I'm new to the world of turbos and have been keeping an eye on this thread. Out of curiosity, what sort of performance gains are anticipated with the optimized flow of this pipe? Any dyno tests yet or is the prototype still too early in development?

thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto well that's good for you guys
Yeah, but S&B is a good company and we know how difficult it can be to troubleshoot issues like that ::cough::catch can::cough:: :blush:

Hi guys, I'm new to the world of turbos and have been keeping an eye on this thread. Out of curiosity, what sort of performance gains are anticipated with the optimized flow of this pipe? Any dyno tests yet or is the prototype still too early in development?

thanks!
Hey Eric,

We'll be releasing dyno testing results a little later on, but I will say the initial results are promising ;). It looks like the stock pipe is a big bottleneck in the intake and is preventing the engine from making as much power as the ECU will allow.

In general, power gains from modifications to the intakes and turbo system of modern vehicles is hit or miss. For the most part the engine and powertrain computers are looking for a specific torque value coming out of the engine, so they adjust boost, fueling, timing, etc. to hit that torque value. Even if the engine is capable of producing more power, the computers prevent it from reaching that potential. Without a tune telling the computer that more torque is allowed, the engine will hit the same value no matter how well the intake and exhaust flow.

There are some benefits to opening airflow in and out of the engine though. In this case, a higher-flowing intercooler pipe will let the turbo spool more easily and move more power into the usable RPM range. It will also free up that flow for more power later when the ECU/PCM is tuned to allow that power.

I hope to have more updates for you soon! Including those dyno results :angel:

Thanks!
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah, but S&B is a good company and we know how difficult it can be to troubleshoot issues like that ::cough::catch can::cough:: :blush:

Hey Eric,

We'll be releasing dyno testing results a little later on, but I will say the initial results are promising ;). It looks like the stock pipe is a big bottleneck in the intake and is preventing the engine from making as much power as the ECU will allow.

In general, power gains from modifications to the intakes and turbo system of modern vehicles is hit or miss. For the most part the engine and powertrain computers are looking for a specific torque value coming out of the engine, so they adjust boost, fueling, timing, etc. to hit that torque value. Even if the engine is capable of producing more power, the computers prevent it from reaching that potential. Without a tune telling the computer that more torque is allowed, the engine will hit the same value no matter how well the intake and exhaust flow.

There are some benefits to opening airflow in and out of the engine though. In this case, a higher-flowing intercooler pipe will let the turbo spool more easily and move more power into the usable RPM range. It will also free up that flow for more power later when the ECU/PCM is tuned to allow that power.

Thanks!
-Steve
So TL;DR is +100 HP right? +120HP if we put penguin stickers on too?

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo

Hey Eric,

Thanks!
-Steve
Thanks for the detailed reply, Steve!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Psh, our penguin stickers are worth at least 50 HP. :muscle:

-Steve
What Penguin stickers.........you holding out on us Steve? Maybe with my T shirt? LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.