Help! Waiting on 2020 JL Order

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Hey everyone - first post here. I've been stalking the boards for a few months & appreciate all the great ideas/feedback. Buying my first Jeep - a 2020 Sahara. Ordered on 8/19/19 but it's been stuck in "I" status for the last 19 days. Is this normal? A lot of orders seem to be moving much faster & I haven't read anyone getting stuck in inspection for weeks. Dealer & Jeep Chat have been no help. Thanks -
Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey everyone - first post here. I've been stalking the boards for a few months & appreciate all the great ideas/feedback. Buying my first Jeep - a 2020 Sahara. Ordered on 8/19/19 but it's been stuck in "I" status for the last 19 days. Is this normal? A lot of orders seem to be moving much faster & I haven't read anyone getting stuck in inspection for weeks. Dealer & Jeep Chat have been no help. Thanks -
It is not normal, but some others have gotten stuck there. I believe one person has been stuck there for something getting close to 2 months now. At that point, seems like you could cancel the order and order again faster. I ordered on 8/21 and it went to KZ on 8/28 .. I picked it up last week (most of my time was shipping).

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It is not normal, but some others have gotten stuck there. I believe one person has been stuck there for something getting close to 2 months now. At that point, seems like you could cancel the order and order again faster. I ordered on 8/21 and it went to KZ on 8/28 .. I picked it up last week (most of my time was shipping).
I apologize for asking this if it's in another forum. (Newbie) This will be my 3rd jeep, but I have never ordered one. My order is a 2020 Rubicon. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, and my dealer told me the build is suppose to begin tomorrow. How are you guys finding the information on the build codes. Where do I go to find that information? I just sold my truck and in Arkansas, you only have 45 days to show the purchase of a new vehicle or you have to pay the full amount of sales tax instead of the difference between the full price of the new vehicle you bought and the one you sold. So, I need to track my build. Thanks

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I apologize for asking this if it's in another forum. (Newbie) This will be my 3rd jeep, but I have never ordered one. My order is a 2020 Rubicon. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, and my dealer told me the build is suppose to begin tomorrow. How are you guys finding the information on the build codes. Where do I go to find that information? I just sold my truck and in Arkansas, you only have 45 days to show the purchase of a new vehicle or you have to pay the full amount of sales tax instead of the difference between the full price of the new vehicle you bought and the one you sold. So, I need to track my build. Thanks
Go to jeep.com, contact us, chat. Give them your VIN (or VON if you don't have the VIN) and ask for the status/ status code. Status code is easy to find what means, just google jeep order status codes. If you don't have VIN or VON, get them from your dealer. Once the order status code hits KZ (ready to ship), you'll have to check with your dealer for where it is at. Some dealers provide more details than others.

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Go to jeep.com, contact us, chat. Give them your VIN (or VON if you don't have the VIN) and ask for the status/ status code. Status code is easy to find what means, just google jeep order status codes. If you don't have VIN or VON, get them from your dealer. Once the order status code hits KZ (ready to ship), you'll have to check with your dealer for where it is at. Some dealers provide more details than others.
Thanks so much. Soon after I typed my question to you, I found the Jeep Chat suggestion. Currently in D1. And so I wait.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435

Ok, thanks - that's frustrating. What in the world could result in a built vehicle sitting in inspection status for three weeks? (other than some major problem they can't fix) I'll reach out to my dealer & see if they can reorder.

jesnamy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini (Amy)
Being stuck in "I" status is not normal. Wife's jeep is in same situation and we ordered on 8/10. This past Monday there was a case opened but we've not receive any further information.

rubiblu20

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Just found out our order was moved to KZ status today after 3 weeks at I status. Order was placed 08/02.

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2015 Charger R/T
Day 40 here and no Jeep. Lots of ugly stories going around and NO STRAIGHT ANSWERS

Sponsored

berlin58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon, Honda Odyssey, Saturn Vue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow! How can a car sit in inspection for 55 days?!? I wonder if you can cancel &order a new Jeep.
My salesman just emailed me and said it left Toledo yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow.
Ironically, Jeep emailed me yesterday saying it hadn't moved and they don't have any info for me.

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
My salesman just emailed me and said it left Toledo yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow.
Ironically, Jeep emailed me yesterday saying it hadn't moved and they don't have any info for me.
Great, thanks for the update. FCA needs to provide a better system for tracking & delivery. For those of us on the slow end of the timeline and waiting weeks with no information, it's really frustrating. Glad to hear your Jeep is on the move!

berlin58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon, Honda Odyssey, Saturn Vue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Great, thanks for the update. FCA needs to provide a better system for tracking & delivery. For those of us on the slow end of the timeline and waiting weeks with no information, it's really frustrating. Glad to hear your Jeep is on the move!
I totally agree. I still have no idea why it was in inspection for so long and probably never will. A case was opened after 4 weeks in I status which resulted in 0 answers.

Jeep was supposed to contact me if any status change occurs after the case was opened. I am picking it up today and expect to get an email in a week letting me know it was shipped.

OP
OP

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Well, I’ve now been stuck in inspection status for 28 days with absolutely no feedback as to why. Any ideas? I’m about ready to cancel my order & move on...
Sponsored