Sponsored

Mopar Extended Warranty .... Tell How Your Warranty Saved You!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I have the lifetime max care on my 2009 dodge ram 1500. Best investment I ever made. 270,000 miles and still going. Only major repair was the transmission, a/c condenser and evaporator, heater core twice, ball joints control arms multiple times, shocks, fuel pump and so on
Yes, those were free and sweet, nothing like Dodge is your Pit Crew LOL, hence why they dont offer them. Us cheap Skate Mopar guys/gals know a great deal when we see it and keep them forever. My buddy has a Charger RT he bought when they were offering the free lifetime maxcare, still has it but other than a alternator and AC compressor, it is running great and he has north of 250K miles on it :)
Sponsored

rid34fun

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere
Occupation
Director of Campus Development
All insurance is a transfer of risk for some compensation. Make sure you read and understand what is covered or not. For me, I plan to use the Geico MBI plan. It is cheap, and will help cover any major electronics failure and larger engine/trans failure. Its a fair trade for the cost. Paying more than $1K would not be worth the cost. I would self insure then.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
assuming the Jeep store honors MBI or whomever they are. I would only buy a Chysler Maxcare which covers everything sans belts/hose/ brakes.

My pal works at CJDR store and the aftermarker warranties are a joke, he says they send out claims reps and most time they blame the owner and wont warranty or they go belly up, remember Warranty Gold another scam. took people's money and 3 yrs later declared bankruptcy.

CDJR offered free lifetime warranty contract with stipulation you had to bring it back every 5 yrs for inspection. My friend has a Charger RT and brings it in, anything they find they fix. Of course if you dont bring it in ( have 60 day window), you can loose the warranty but that is on you. they only did this back in 08 or 09 as I recall to entice people to buy.

Of course after last November they did away with the Lifetime Maxcare contracts, I guess because us cheapskate mopar people keep our Mopars too damn long LOL and get our monies worth on wear parts like AC, Altenators, suspension, fuel pumps and god know what else will wear out if you keep it long enough

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
I have the Lifetime Maxcare on my '18 JLUR......had a rear LED tail light fail.....dealer said it was going to cost me $640 to repair and that "bulbs" were not covered......after a little research on the internet I found out that LED's are not bulbs but a electrical component and called them back to explain and they changed their tune and replaced it free!

Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Mine is too new at this point for even the factory warranty to have "saved" me. But... it's a Jeep made by FCA. I've owned several Jeeps and they've been very reliable. Still, this time, I opted for the MaxCare 7yr Unlimited Miles.

I consider myself a Jeep enthusiast as this is Jeep #8 and my 4th Wrangler (2 TJs, and a '12 JKUR). But I don't mod other than maybe larger tires, sliders, etc. so there are no concerns for the warranty to be at risk. I'm not gonna go "angry Jeep", alien eyes, cut off my fenders, lift it and add 37s, or put light bars all over it because I want it to be unique. :LOL: My goal in a few years is to have the only "stock" 2020 Rubicon in existence. And it will still be covered by warranty.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
my problem for the extended warranty is we are in jeeps. Jeeps get modded. now the warranty company plays the YOU MODDED THE VEHICLE. its on you now you have voided the warranty we wont pay out even though you gave use XXXX amount to be covered. its a scheme. I had the 5 year 100k on a ram i owned from 2006-2012 and on the last 3 months of the warranty my motor started knocking. took it to three dealers in three weeks to have it looked in to and was told its a normal hemi noise. mind you i had 44k miles at the time on the truck. finally decided to push lemon law with the last week of warranty and they come back with two cylinders having piston slap. ended up with a new motor but they tired for 3 months to tell me it was fine then the story changes and they said it was because i lowered the truck 2.5" that cause it to happen. it was a bad fight jsut to get them to warranty a bad motor. i put 122k on the replacement motor. I also ran that 122k very hard compared to the first 44k on the first motor. plunty of drag strip time with zero issues. warranty is no good. i did not get it on my jeep for the fact i knew i would Lift it, install bigger tires, and off-road it. i can hear it now. its the lift WE DIDNT GET MONEY TO INSTALL's fault... hahaha what a joke
That is so true Brian. Manufacturers will void a warranty in a heartbeat for the wrong mod. I've owned Corvette's for years, and there are a large number of new owners that buy one, and the first thing that do is throw a tune on the engine. I know I don't have to tell you what GM will say if they have engine problems. And I'm sure it's the same thing with FCA. Depending on the mod, and what breaks, one could wind up without any help from the company.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My favorite extended warranty story:

Got a check engine light on my suburban soon after I bought it (not new, roughly 65k miles). Dealer plugs in and says intake manifold is leaking. I said cool, you sold me that warranty, go ahead and fix it. His answer? "Well nothing is actually broken yet. We can't fix it under warranty until something breaks." So you're telling me you won't fix the gasket until the motor blows up? I went and bought a gasket and fixed it myself in a couple hours. Promptly had my extended warranty refunded. Will never waste a dime on a warranty again.

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
My favorite extended warranty story:

Got a check engine light on my suburban soon after I bought it (not new, roughly 65k miles). Dealer plugs in and says intake manifold is leaking. I said cool, you sold me that warranty, go ahead and fix it. His answer? "Well nothing is actually broken yet. We can't fix it under warranty until something breaks." So you're telling me you won't fix the gasket until the motor blows up? I went and bought a gasket and fixed it myself in a couple hours. Promptly had my extended warranty refunded. Will never waste a dime on a warranty again.

I would recommend trying another dealer. Sounds like that dealer didn't get how things work?

Hate to hear of that bad experience

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If its the now cancelled lifetime max care - I will buy it, otherwise, NO
Same. Had I not been deployed overseas in October of 2018 I’d have been buying my JLR in July or August of 2018 and would have bought the lifetime warranty. Sucks that they cancelled it and I missed out.

Sponsored

mmcbeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I don’t get extended warranties on anything - car, home, appliances, electronics, phones, etc, etc. Then when and if something breaks, I get it fixed and pay for it with a small amount of the money I saved by not buying extended warranties.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don’t get extended warranties on anything - car, home, appliances, electronics, phones, etc, etc. Then when and if something breaks, I get it fixed and pay for it with a small amount of the money I saved by not buying extended warranties.
This. Or on most occasions, do an internet search and figure out how to fix it myself.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
All insurance is a transfer of risk for some compensation. Make sure you read and understand what is covered or not. For me, I plan to use the Geico MBI plan. It is cheap, and will help cover any major electronics failure and larger engine/trans failure. Its a fair trade for the cost. Paying more than $1K would not be worth the cost. I would self insure then.
This is why I like this forum. I'm a GEICO customer and didn't know about the MBI (thanks rid34fun). I'm usually vigorously against extended warranties, but this is a whole nother thing.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m a GEICO customer too and will be adding the MBI to both our 2020 JLUs after the first year. $34 per year per vehicle with a $250 deductible is too good to pass up and sure beats the heck out of anything I’ve ever seen from CJDR.
Sponsored