Sponsored

Heated seats and steering wheel?

Pkillian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Heated seats and Steering wheel is the best. It is great for topless/doorless cool mornings and evenings when it is nice during the day. You can easily get aftermarket heater for the seats but it would be a PITA to get a heated steering wheel after the fact.

That is one of my no brainer upgrades on almost any Jeep. If you get automatic you also get remote start which is nice as well- when it is under a certain temp the heated seats automatically come on when you remote start it.

nellipj

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I live in Chicago so the winter can get cold. Heated seats have been in my last couple vehicles and they are great for those cold mornings. A heated steering wheel is even better. I never thought I needed one until I drove a vehicle with that option. Now I’ll never own a vehicle without it. They are a luxury that once you have them you wonder how you ever lived without them.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
We live out in the desert with some chilly mornings. And let me tell ya, those heated seats get used out here so can only imagine how nice they will be out your way. Steering wheel not so much but it is nice to have.

As you will discover in the jeeping world, better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. So get the heated seats and steering wheel.

Also, Jeeps are known for their heat generation, albeit heater or heated seats. Both come on fast and strong. Out your way you will appreciate feeling that heat before ya get to the end of your block.

Sponsored

bslaberge

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR w/ Sky One Touch Power Top
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Pat, We just got our JL and haven't really had to use the heated seats and wheel yet so I can't answer your question directly. One thing you should consider is that you can get those to come on when you use the remote start. Should make your Jeep more comfortable in much less time.
Ben

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Our winters are not so cold in Sydney, but the heated seats are a fabulous option to have. Also really good if you suffer back pain.
The heated wheel is a bit of overkill for our temperatures, but it comes with the package, so I am not complaining.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Heated seats are definitely worth it. And I love the feature which can automatically turn on the seat warmers & steering wheel when you remote start the Jeep and it’s <40 degrees outside. Getting in a warm Jeep, with warm seat and steering wheel, on a cold day can be so energizing.

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
I lived in Phoenix, AZ when my Jeep was delivered in mid-Spring, and moved to Florida a couple month later. I used the heated seats plenty even living in Phoenix, and LOVED the heated seats/steering wheel when driving north into snowy mountains. We've had a couple nights getting a little cooler now in Florida, and I can tell that some topless weather where I'll be happy I have a warm butt is coming :giggle:

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I have both, I don't use the heated seats too much, but the heated steering wheel is pretty awesome. At first I thought it was frivolous, but my hands have become sensitive and silky smooth to the point I can pursue my dream as a hand model.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I live south of you (WV) and find them both to be a welcome comfort feature. I never buy a vehicle without the heated seats

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Hi everyone. I'm new here and looking to buy my first Jeep! I found one that has everything I want... initially. Then I started thinking about the heated steering wheel and seats. Living in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania we have an awesome fall and will get our share of winter but it's not outrageous like some places. The Jeep I'm looking at already has the remote start so that's not an issue. My question is: If you have the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel and seats, how often do you use it and are you glad you got it? Those of you who don't have it, do you wish you did?
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to learning about what add ons I should or shouldn't get!

Pat
I live 45 minutes south of Pittsburgh and I have the cold weather package on my Challenger SXT Plus model. I am glad I do. I remote start it in the winter before going to work and the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically in cold weather and I am glad they do!!!!! :)

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I have both, I don't use the heated seats too much, but the heated steering wheel is pretty awesome. At first I thought it was frivolous, but my hands have become sensitive and silky smooth to the point I can pursue my dream as a hand model.
You gotta have both where I live.
9cd0f34e12d931986969507cadd6b14b.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Personally I can't stand heated seats and will never use them. I bought the package for easier resale. I live north of Chicago and we get plenty of cold and snow. Auto start is a nice feature.